ESO confirmed for PS4 and Xbox one

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gearuvagen

I know, You know

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
My reaction:
fus_c.jpg

utael

My question is are they going be making separate worlds for PS4 and Xbox one or are they going to be making a deal with Sony and Microsoft to allow the consoles to connect to the PC's servers. Being as both consoles are going to require Online play for the game it could be as simple as balancing the controller hardware to work well with the interface (something that isn't very difficult to do with the elder scrolls game.

A world of possibilities open up with speech recognition too with the Kinnect and (I'm not sure what Sony's device is). Could we see a world where PC and console users interact through text with speech recognition doing the typing for the consoles?

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
My question is are they going be making separate worlds for PS4 and Xbox one or are they going to be making a deal with Sony and Microsoft to allow the consoles to connect to the PC's servers. Being as both consoles are going to require Online play for the game it could be as simple as balancing the controller hardware to work well with the interface (something that isn't very difficult to do with the elder scrolls game.

A world of possibilities open up with speech recognition too with the Kinnect and (I'm not sure what Sony's device is). Could we see a world where PC and console users interact through text with speech recognition doing the typing for the consoles?

I would imagine there will be separate worlds (servers) for each System, I would love to see the Systems be able to connect, (most my friends have Xboxs) but I just don't see it happening.

Ritterkreuz

I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I'd love the chance to play the latest ES game, but I've never been a fan of online gaming because, well let's face it, there are a lot of real _______'s that populate the online gaming worlds.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I'd love the chance to play the latest ES game, but I've never been a fan of online gaming because, well let's face it, there are a lot of real _______'s that populate the online gaming worlds.

Yeah I know what you mean, lots of cocky twelve year olds a few creepy fifty year olds and legions of jack asses in between :D
But from what I hear ESO will be about 70% RPg 30% MMO. So we might not have to deal with a lot of BS from other people.

I'm curious to see exactly how this "phasing" thing works.

It has been confirmed that there will be a separate mega-server for each system.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I wonder how it will work, though.
Will there be a monthly subscription, or the like, even when using a console?

This may end up being my first MMO.
Yes, I mean ever.

I wonder how it will work, though.
Will there be a monthly subscription, or the like, even when using a console?

This may end up being my first MMO.
Yes, I mean ever.

According to one of their recent interviews, they haven't discussed/decided on their business plan as of yet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts