Private Entry 41, 17th of Frostfall: They're Here

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    (The following are the entries in the journal of the Dragonborn battlemage known as Buffington Battle-Born, or Solknight, as he waits for help to arrive so he can make an attack against the Thalmor, who have taken over most of Tamriel. The upcoming events take place about 20 years after Alduin was slain in Sovngarde. Also, please note that I take no credit in the drawing shown below, I am simply showing what Solknight's sketch of one of the aliens would look like.)

"Entry 39, 15th of Frostfall:

Lord Hermaeus Mora summoned me to his realm to talk today. He said that he was contacted by a force from outside of this dimension. They said that their attention had been drawn to the planet when the gates to Oblivion were opened, and that they had been observing us ever since then. They have already gained strength by taking control on Earth, a planet Mora told me about long before. They claim that they now seek to gain power on Nirn by overthrowing and taking control of the Aldmeri Dominion. Mora said that they could use the help of me and my allies, and that I would negotiate with them as soon as possible. I did. Mora opened a communication line between me and these inter-dimensional aliens. They were the fucking weirdest things I had ever seen. They were floating, white slug-like creatures with artificial metallic eyes and arms, extendable and retractable tongues, and protective suits that simply looked like wrapping on them. Here's the best drawing I could make of one of them:

combine_advisor_by_98cyra-d54fxlp.jpg

Fucking creepy, aren't they? Anyways, they were able to communicate with me, and I told them that I'd be willing to have a small amount of their forces sided with mine. After a long discussion, they agreed to meet me where I currently reside in Black Marsh. I just hope that Mora isn't just fucking with my head...

Oh, and one more thing I feel like mentioning another thing. They call themselves the 'Combine Empire'"

"Entry 40, 16th of Frostfall:

No word from Herma Mora or the Combine today. Hopefully they're on their was, and this still isn't another one of Mora's tricks. I REALLY hope they come here and help, because I really need help on this operation. I am going after Aerinir and that sloth he made into a goddamn wizard, after all."

"Entry 41, 17th of Frostfall:

They're here. I better prepare for our next attack."

Solknight's powerful backup has arrived, and all his troops are preparing for the battle to be. But meanwhile, far off in Summerset Isle, the Thalmor also prepare for the battle.

mast3rlinkx

Somewhere in the province of Tamriel known as Argonia, known to most as Black Marsh, a very tall, lone figure trudged through the humid region. At first glance, one would think this man was an Argonian, one of the natives of this region of the continent known as Tamriel. However, as one looks closer, the build of this man would be revealed to not be that of an Argonian. He was much too bulky, and, most importantly, his scales were coarse and the red of fire, as compared to the earthy colors and fine texture of the scales of Argonians. His snout was also much longer and thicker, and he lacked horns on his chin. Only his jaw held small horns, and very large ones grew from the back of his head. These horns had a layered look to them, as if they grew layer by layer. The man almost seem to be an anthro dragon. The man paused and produced a letter from a pouch at his waist. The letter read.

"Kalamadea,
    I've heard of you. You seem like the sort of person I'd need the aid of. You can find me in Black Marsh. The location is marked on the included map.
    Buffington Battle-Born"

Kalamadea, for this was the man's name, looked up and recognized some landmarks and grinnedn, his pointed teeth gleaming in the evening sunlight. He was getting close. A few more moments and he should be at the rendezvous point.

((Your next post can have Kalama walking up to the rendezvous point.))

Buffington waited at the rendezvous point alongside a large Combine aerial vehicle for the people he wanted to recruit to show up. He waited for hours and hours, until, suddenly, he saw a figure emerging from the forests. It seemed like an Argonian, but large and spiked. It was Kalamadea, a Dragon that was transformed into a humanoid form. He was an master of flame-based destruction magic, and Buffington was very eager to meet up with him. He called out to Kalama, "Hey, you're Kalamadea, right? I'm glad you could make it. I've been looking to taking you into my team I'm setting up. We're planning an attack against the Aldmeri Dominion to overthrow them and pretty much take their forces over. Oh, and this huge metal airship behind me? It carries my very powerful allies from a separate dimension. They're not from Oblivion, they're from one that has not been known of before. Damn cool, right?

"So, anyways, I was wondering if you'd perhaps be willing to join me and my friends in our struggle to kick the Thalmor's yellow ass?"

Jei El

We will be avenged.
    Jei El watched it all from the shadows in the distant, a gift of the shadow sign surely. He watched his old friend Buffington Battle-Born, whom he had met up with a lot in Tamriel approach a lizard like character, surely not an argonian,but not yet man or mer. He decided to go up to the two and greeted them as warmly as he could. He quickly and silently crept up on them, trying to scare them as a joke.

"Ahh, Buffington, friend. It's been a long time. I got your message about the Combine, It's great they're here. Now we can finally rid Tamriel and Skyrim of those Thalmor punks."

He looked over to the Lizard-like being, studied her and said.

"I have not seen you before, who are you creature?"

Jei El, an Argonian friend that Buffington had met before, came out of seemingly nowhere and told Buffington that he got his message.

"Jei! It's been a while, hasn't it? Oh, don't forget that you owe me a Daedric bow." Buffington said to Jei.

Jei El looked over at Kalamadea and asked who he was.

Buffington answered, "Ah, yes. this is Kalamadea, or just Kalama for short. He's an anthro-Dragon who is extremely skilled with fire magic. I was just asking him if he would be willing to join our cause against the Thalmor.

Sean

lost somewhere
    Meanwhile in the ruined citadel of Dagoth Ur within Red Mountain, is Rimion, a not so typical sloth, working on a way to awaken the ancient machinations of the Dwemer to end the war in the Thalmor's favor.

mast3rlinkx

Kalama nodded his head to Buffington respectfully, feeling that he was not your average Man. "Drem yol lok, Dovahkiin. The journey was long, but no vukein found me during my travels." Then he heard a voice behind him, asking what he was. The dragon turned to face this new individual, finding that it was one of the beings native to this area. Kalama looked him over, his deep green eyes scanning the Argonian. "That is a story for another tiid. Know this, Argonian. I am dovah, but the full story shall be revealed in time."

((Ugh. Sorry for the short post.))

Jei El

We will be avenged.
    Jei acknowledged the Dovah and bowed his head for a second, seeing his greatness already. He turned to Buffington and said " Oh yes, the bow. That is all you want. Ok" Jei pulled out the old bow Buffington had given him a while ago and handed it to him. He continued, "It became too weak for my natural skills, haha."

He again looked at buffington and eagerly said, "Buffington, how's the Hist Sap addiction going? We've been on a shortage of it lately. Damn Thalmor ambush our exports of it and take it for their false kings. Good thing it wrecks non-saxhleel minds and bodies. Now all the sap in deep within, in Argonia; where no man nor mer can touch it."

Jei returned his borrowed bow to Buffington, and told informed him about the latest news of their Hist Sap supply. Buffington became recently addicted to the strange sap ever since the locals of Black Marsh had him blessed by the powerful force known as the Hist. With his soul now being a part of the Hist, he is practically an Argonian in the body of an Imperial.

"Well, Jei," Buffington started, "I've been trying to cut back on the stuff so I could lose the addiction. I'm moving back to Skyrim... well, at least for a while, and there will be little to no Hist Sap there. There'll be plenty of Sleeping Tree Sap, but it's just not the same.

"So, back on topic, you were up to coming with us in the upcoming battle, Kalama?"

Harc

Big Hog
    Aerinir sat in his chair. Awaiting a letter from his royal pet sloth. Elder Wizard Rimion. Aerinir sent Rimion to Morrowind to uncover Dwemer weapons blueprints. Rimion is a master in necromancy and conjuration. So he also might be trying to resurrect Dwemer warriors.

"What's the word with Rimion?" Aerinir said.

"Lord Aerinir, I'm quite sure Rimion is doing fine. A sloth like him certainly knows what to do." Said Aerinir's personal servant, 1st emissary Falcrion.

"There is word of rebellious subjects on Solstheim. They seem to have a problem with our Navy making its way into the isle. Perhaps we should arrange a meeting for Rimion and the Telvanni?" Said Falcrion.

"No Falcrion. The Telvanni will be of no such help. The most they would be is a waste of time. They don't like to communicate with us. Even though we try to help." Aerinir said with a revolting look.

"Our 3rd Fleet Detachment 1st officer spotted 2 argonian like creatures and the dragonborn having a discussion or meeting. Must be a just sap dealing." Said Falcrion.

Aerinir said with a surprised look "No! Fool! Why did you not order the ship to gather intel! The Dragonborn is an important asset! Most likely discussing attacks on dragons near our forts!"

"My Lord, I'm sorry I didn't act, but it was out of my jurisdiction! You know Imperial Admiral Valacar had other needs to attend to." Said Falcrion

"Ah, forgive me Falcrion. My temper has been quite violent lately. The imperial admiral is not allowing my Wizards and Mages aboard his vessels. Perhaps we should send my sloth to spy on the dragonborn and his lizard friends?" Aerinir said with question

"A most wonderful idea my Lord! I shall send a letter to him with most haste!" Falcrion said.

"It's time to learn more about this "Dragonborn" perhaps when we find him, I'll invite him and his friends to a royal dinner at the Firsthold theatre." Aerinir stated.

Falcrion wrote a letter to Rimion, and sent it with the next Thalmor vessel to Morrowind.

(Falcrion and Aerinir are the main characters when I write. The others will only be mentioned)

Sean

lost somewhere
    When the Thalmor unit finally arrived near the base of Red Mountain (Rimion would check this spot in the middle of Sundas every two weeks), they gave him the letter from his lord.

He was to depart Morrowind at once, but wasn't finished with uncovering the secret of the Citadel.

Knowing that these troops were disposable, he needed them to help him reach his goal.

"Fine, I will go back, but I need you to come with me. If my plan works, then we will make sure no one can even annoy the Dominion."

Rimion couldn't tell him of his plans, as they wouldn't go into the ruins if they knew of the traps that the Dwemer could devise.

Once inside, they made it to the core of the Citadel, with the Vault door.

"Once I hit the locks, open that door!"

After using his magic on the locks, the trap was triggered.
    A magic was spreading throughout the ruins affecting all of the men, and making them slaughter each other.

Using a ward, Rimion managed to escape, but once he was out was given a vision that made him learn of the key to the vault....The Dragonborn.

"What would the Dragonborn have to do with an ancient Dwemer vault....must be something large for the them to seal it away like this...."

Rimion then went to meet his Lord.

Kalama replied to Buffington, "I would be honored to assist the Dovahkiin who defeated the World Eater, Alduin"

"Fantastic," Buffington started, "I'm glad to have you aboard. Just keep in mind, I don't wanna hear any of that 'lone wolf' stuff. We're a team, and we stick together. Same goes for you, Jei. Don't wander off or charge in alone unless it's absolutely necessary.

So, let's get everything packed up and get this show on the road."
    As Buffington was putting his gear, food, potions and weapons into his enchanted sack, he came across his wedding ring. Oh Aela, I hope you and the kids are safe he thought to himself. Buffington was very far away from his family in Skyrim. His wife and two children were at his home in Hjallmaarch, and his parents and siblings were in his hometown, Whiterun. He really missed them, though he was taking a liking to Black Marsh. Buffington was actually considering moving there with his spouse and children in Skyrim, after settling down there for a few years. But first, he had to settle some unfinished business with Aerinir and Rimion...

Harc

Big Hog
    Aerinir was wandering around Sunhold. Thinking of a way to convince the Dragonbron and his friends to visit the keep in Firsthold. Falcrion, was back at the keep, thankfully. Aerinir was getting annoyed with Falcrion. Due to him Busting in on Aerinir and his wife making sweet love on the kitchen table in Aerinir's Quarters.

He was thinking to himself:

"How am I going to invite the dragonborn to a most hated location of the empire?" His mind was set on that, and his beloved wife, and the sweet love that was rudely interrupted by the peeping Tom of a Emissary known as Falcrion.

As he walked, he noticed a rebellious Mer ranting about how the Domion is so "supremely evil"

"The Dominion plots against our allies! They would sooner betray us, the people before sacrificing their own!"

Aerinir walked up to the man and said: "It's a little late for turds to be out of the latrine. Why don't you go back to your home and maybe I'll forget your act of treason." The man stated:
    "I am no turd! Your Dominion is the true turd! Your a disgrace to your own kind! Scum!" The man tried to punch Aerinir, but Aerinir Dodged the fist and trapped it in a Goutfang wrist lock. He broke the mans wrist.

"Be gone! Flee back to your pathetic living quarters and think about what has happened! Such a childish example of a Mer." Aerinir them strutted into the finest inn in Sunhold. He spent 250 gold for a room, and rushed to bed hours later. Before sleeping he said out loud:

"I do so hope Falcrion isn't pleasuring himself to the image of my wife."

Buffington, Jei, and Kalama were finally unfinished packing their things. Buffington realized that they would need to take a ride in the colossal alien vessel belonging to his new, very foreign allies. Not knowing how to get their attention, he banged on its hull and yelled "Hey, anyone in there?! We need a ride on the ship!" For a short while, there was no response. But after a few minutes, a hatch opened on the ship. Out came one of the strange, floating slug-like Combine leaders. It spoke to Buffington through telepathy, "Knock that off! you might set off the 'under attack' alarm, which would surely expose us to the whole forest! Don't let yourself be foolish and weak like the humans from Earth were... Buffington replied verbally, "I'm sorry, I didn't know how else I'd get your attention. We're ready for our next move, and were hoping we please could get a ride on your ship."

"Of course." The alien then spoke to the mind of all Kalamadea, Jei El, and Buffington Battle-Born, "Attention, Nirn-walkers, you will get into this ship, and follow me to the lounge. Here you will relax and converse, while the pilots and I fly this ship around, cloaked of course, in search of the Thalmor leader named Aerinir. When we find him, you must NOT harm him, unless ordered to by me or Buffington. We do not want to run up to Aerinir and attack him, we want to negotiate an agreement with him. If he fails to correspond, THEN we eliminate the fool.

A platform descended from the ship, down to ground level. The Combine advisor told them to step onto it and bring their supplies they packed. When they did, it was lifted into the ship with them. The team was then shown towards a small room. Unsure, they stepped into it. The doors closed on them. They were extremely confused at this point. But it turns out that the cramped room they were in was another lift. After a short ride on it, the ream was at their room. It was a large room, with its walls and ceiling made out of a strange, blue-ish steel. The floor was carpeted, there were five beds lined along one side of the room, with a rather odd device on the opposite side. It was a nearly flat rectangular box with a weird material surrounding most of the front part of it. Their Combine guide told them that it was a contraption from planet Earth known as a "television". It projected moving images and sound to show stories for entertainment, or rarely broadcasts in case of emergency. "So it's pretty much the fancy Earth version of a book?" Buffington asked. The Combine advisor replied, "I assume you could say that..."

There was one other strange thing that Buffington noticed. It was a small room connected to theirs. In it was an odd white bowl attached to the wall filled with water, a curtained area, and a small tub with knobs and a spout on it. He asked the alien, "What is that room for" It responded, "Another thing from Earth. It's for cleansing and letting out waste hygenically. The curtained area is where you clean your body, the bowl is where you deficate and urinate into." "Oooohhhh! So THAT'S where I take a shit. I was worried I would have to do so on the floor or something. Anyways, thanks for showing us around." "Glad I could be of assistance. Enjoy your stay, everyone. Now it's for me to get this ship in the air and after Aerinir." With that, the advisor left the room to Buffington and his allies.

Buffington jokingly called out, "I call dibs on using the fancy shtter first!"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts