• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
And other discoveries. Do you ever cook at the cooking pot? haha, maybe you should start.

So, I'm wondering, what have you discovered after a thousand hours of play (that you'll admit to) that you never knew before?

JoeReese

It took me several hundred hours of tedium (and cursing) to realize I could pull the left or right trigger to advance my slider bar, when dealing with high quantities, like septims.

Morgan

I discovered way late that you can cast Magelight on a follower for a Candlelight effect. You can then cast the stationary one normally and have both. Combine with Candlelight on yourself and two torches, and you can light up even the dimmest hollow.

ColleenG

I discovered way late that you can cast Magelight on a follower for a Candlelight effect. You can then cast the stationary one normally and have both. Combine with Candlelight on yourself and two torches, and you can light up even the dimmest hollow.

OMG!!!!!!

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
It took me several hundred hours of tedium (and cursing) to realize I could pull the left or right trigger to advance my slider bar, when dealing with high quantities, like septims.
That same thing happened to me for a decent bit.

It was about 800 hours before I ever saw or even heard of the headless horseman.

It was around that same time I encountered the frozen mammoth in the glacier near the Sea of Ghosts

TESV2013-11-1718-25-33-00-1.png

It was about 900 or so before I noticed the secondary entrance into Windhelm down by the dock area.

About 1200 before I noticed the Lady of the Lake reference where the skeleton arm is holding a leveled sword..

JoeReese

Yeah, unfortunately I forget where it is, and I end up inadvertently running by it at too early a level. :/ Still cool. Now I leave it in place, just for fun.

Ever been to the Talos shrine massacre in Falkreath hold?

Chadonraz

A very well hidden strongbox and book (I think it was a skill book) just outside the main entrance to Bleak Falls Barrow. After 3000+ total hours in Skyrim (and 100++ runs through BFB) I never knew about that until my brother found it in his game. :eek:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Yeah, unfortunately I forget where it is, and I end up inadvertently running by it at too early a level. :/ Still cool. Now I leave it in place, just for fun.

Ever been to the Talos shrine massacre in Falkreath hold?
Yeah, I discovered that by accident wandering the land around Lakeview. The Thalmor report on the one guy is funny, Elenwen totally didn't believe the guy.

Wildroses

I was hundreds of hours in when I discovered that it is possible, when informing the Jarl of the dragon attack on Helgen, to avoid Irileth entirely and talk directly to the Jarl, upon which you have a completely different conversation with him.

If it wasn't for someone on this forum pointing out the weapon plaque above the door at Breezehome, I doubt I'd ever have discovered it for myself.

ColleenG

I was hundreds of hours in when I discovered that it is possible, when informing the Jarl of the dragon attack on Helgen, to avoid Irileth entirely and talk directly to the Jarl, upon which you have a completely different conversation with him.

If it wasn't for someone on this forum pointing out the weapon plaque above the door at Breezehome, I doubt I'd ever have discovered it for myself.

OK, this is new. I'll have to try that next character!

ColleenG

And of course there is that barrel in the garden of your home in Riften, Honeyside, that is actually a Thieves' cache, which gives you WAY GOOD STUFF.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
600 hours in before I realised there was a statue of Talos facing Windhelm. Its like, right next to the stable! :confused:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
That, if you hit a Drauger Overlord with Soul Tear and it kills him, you have a Drauger Overlord following you around and killing everything before you can get to it. I never knew!

Also, if you use the Ritual Stone - EVERYTHING ends up getting raised, no matter the level - Giants, Mammoths, Drauger (of any level), bandits, mages, mudcrabs, elk... sheesh, gotta be careful where I use that one. Being followed around by a hord of mudcrabs as I head for Dustman's Carne was just plain weird.

Morgan

OMG!!!!!!

Apparently I'm not alone in finding that out LONG afterwards. So let's call it a hidden feature ;) Thanks everyone!

Rimfaxe96

Well, since I quit TESO, I'm never going to cook "Bosmer Surprise" or whatever it was called. But the surprise was human meat in it.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well, since I quit TESO, I'm never going to cook "Bosmer Surprise" or whatever it was called. But the surprise was human meat in it.
Why am I suddenly remembering that old Twilight Zone episode:
th

Paws the Gryphon

The Only Gryphon Here
I think the biggest surprise I found in Skyrim was the skeleton with all the weapons sticking out of him just northwest of Solitude. I found a few decent weapons on him... Although I rarely go there now lol

LuChao

The Martial artist
A very well hidden strongbox and book (I think it was a skill book) just outside the main entrance to Bleak Falls Barrow. After 3000+ total hours in Skyrim (and 100++ runs through BFB) I never knew about that until my brother found it in his game. :eek:

OMG WHAT????????????????? I NEVER SAW THIS

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts