• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Skyrim Dual Wield/Assassin Elite Guide​
Race Any (end game doesn't matter) Pick one you like or has good power

Stone : Warrior or Theif, depending on what path you are choising, Best Choice is Lovers Stone 15% to all skill increase. #Lover Stone#

(Alot of people like to use illusion as a assassin and its a respectable way to play but in my over all opinion since you can get most illusion effects that i consider most helpful in alchemy its pointless to spend extra points to mana and spread yourself thin across both stats and perks, with illusion you wouldn't be dual wielding either and you'd manly use control spells such as fury, calm, ect, muffle, invisibility. Well fun news is you can get that in alchemy plus very strong poisons and paralyze potions, that's as much control a assassin needs with out wasting points to magicka.

Stats : Light Armor 150-200 Stamina, Rest Hp Heavy Armor 200-250 Stamina, Rest Hp

Skills to use and skills to not use.

Alteration : Pointless

Illusion : Pointless

Restoration : Pointless

Destruction : Pointless

Conjuration : Pointless

Locking Picking : Pointless, There is a skeleton key lock pick that never breaks spening perks here is...pointless when you can get a pick that never breaks, trust me people i know what im doing.

Pick pocketing : Your a assassin not a thief.

Block : Pointless

Two-handed : Pointless

One-handed : Must have

Sneak : Must have

Archery : Your choice, benificial i like to.

Light armor or Heavy armor doesn't matter : Both can be eligable for legitamet sneaking

Speech : I enjoy getting extra money, conversation with extra perks

Alchemy : Extra perks, extra kick!

Perk importance color code.
Get these perks in spare time, You need this perk try to keep up with it,This is better then the blue and purple perks, this is a must have perk get and max asap. Its a waste, or mostly not worth the perk you will have leftovers no fear it wont ruin the build to do or not to, but keep to the end at least.

To Start : Use the colorcode for below to plan and map what perks you will grab and when, always pay attention to the red ones, thats what your aiming to get, you don't need to completley focus on a single tree till its finished.

One-handed Skill tree

Perks to grab : Armsmanx5, Bladesman, Hack and Slash, or Bone Breakerx3,(choose one) Fighting Stance, Dual Flurryx2, Savage Strike, Paralyzing Strike, Critical Charge.

Sneak : Stealthx5, Backstab, deadly aim, assassins blade, muffled movement, Light foot, silent roll, silence, shadow warrior.

I would work on those Skills and achiving majority of those perks before considering dabbling into other skills. Take a defensive route first if you feel like you die to fast like light armor, or take a offensive route like alchemy to get plesant extra damage.

Now to get into the other skills

Path I : Light armor, no enchanting no smithing path.

Light Armor : Agile Defenderx5, Custom Fit, Unhindered, Wind Walker, Matching Set, Deft Movement(10% isn't alot)

Alchemy : Alchemistx5, Physician, Benefactor, Poisoner, Conentrated Poision, Experimentorx3, Green Thumb, Snakeblood, Purity.

Archery : Overdrawx5, Critical Shotx3, Eagle Eye, Steady Handx2 (if your a horrible shot, anyways there is a shout slow time), Power Shot, Hunters Discipline, Ranger, Quick Shot, Bullseye.

Speech : Hagglingx5, bribery, persuasion, intimidate, allure, Merchant, Investor, Fence.
In the end with out picking these orange skills you will have spent 58 perks and have 26 perks to be free with.

Path II Smithing and Enchanting, Heavy or Light Armor

One-handed Skill tree

Perks to grab : Armsmanx5, Bladesman, Hack and Slash, or Bone Breakerx3, Fighting Stance, Dual Flurryx2, Savage Strike, Paralyzing Strike, Critical Charge.

Sneak : Stealthx5, Backstab, deadly aim, assassins blade, muffled movement, Light foot, silent roll, silence, shadow warrior.

I would work on those Skills and achiving majority of those perks before considering dabbling into other skills.

Enchanting : Enchanterx5, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra, Effect, Soul Squeezer, Soul, Siphon, Fire,Frost,and Storm Enchanter.

Smithing : Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith(If you upgrade your gear before enchanting you won't need this.), Dwarven Smithing, Orcish Smithing, Ebony Smithing, Daedric Smithing/OR/AND/Dragon Armor. (If you choose lightarmor you will still need to go up the right side of the tree for the weapons, heavy armor weapons are stronger then lightarmored ones, no negative effects, If your going heavy armor Dragon Armor Perk is pointless Deadric is best heavy armor.) Elven Smithing, Advanced Armors, Glass Smithing, Glass Smithing.

Heavy Armor (When starting wear light armor boots and chest but put no perks into them, because sneaking with heavy armor is terrible until you get the perks to negate the disadvantages) Juggernautx5, Fists of Steel, Cushioned, Conditioning(this plus sneak perks = sneakable heavy armored assassin) Well Fitted, Tower of Strength, Matching Set, Reflect Blows(10% isn't alot)

Or

Light Armor : Agile Defenderx5, Custom Fit, Unhindered, Wind Walker, Matching Set, Deft Movement(10% isn't alot)

Speech : Hagglingx5, bribery, persuasion, intimidate, allure, Merchant, Investor, Fence.
At the end of this path you have spent a total of, 62 perks if you went Heavy Armor with 18 to spend freely, and a total of 60 if went Light Armor with 20 to spend freely.

NOTE : Speech isn't manditory for this built i just approve of the money return it does for you but save that till the very end. The skills where listed in order to focus on them in my perspective i reccomend breaking them down into twos until you feel the time is right where you are strengthful enough to handle tackling another two trees. You can always return to the original two if not completed if you run into trouble from switching to fast and panning yourself to thin, Sneak alone is ridiculous you can sneak up into peoples faces in light and stab them with a dagger for x30 damage so you can never go wrong with always working to max out sneak, and beeing a onehanded dual wielding bladesman only helps the damage more.

Must have gear

Azuras Star, unlimited use grand soul gem http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Black_Star

Nightingale Set, Theives Guild Reward http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Leveled_Items

DarkBrother Hood Shrouded Set http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dawnstar_Sanctuary

Daedric Set http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Daedric

Alchemy Immersion Site : http://keke.itarium.ch/uploads/alchemy/

Tips/Quests/Levels

Careful! Below contains spoilers if you read to much stick to where it talks about joining and you wont ruin athing, resist the temptations!

Joining the Civil War http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Joining_the_Legion

Joining the Storm Cloaks http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Joining_the_Stormcloaks

Joing the Companions http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Take_Up_Arms

Getting Into Brotherhood, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Innocence_Lost

Getting Into Theives Guild, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Chance_Arrangement

Any other questiong, concern, interest, can be covered in this site.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

Necromis

Not a bad guide. Couple of things I disagree with IMO. First, Illusion is optional, not useless, as it has many things that can help an assassin such as muffle, and invisibility. Secondly, you really don't need all the first 5 stealth perks of sneak, the muffle will make up for that, it just increases your percentage chance and with your skill high enough they won't be fully needed to even walk infront of someone and not be noticed. I would say the first 2 points are mandatory no more.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Illusion is optional, not useless, as it has many things that can help an assassin such as muffle, and invisibility.

I have to agree. I absolutely LOVE Illusion for a sneak-oriented character.
Calm and fury (or their more powerful equivalents) are incredible, in addition to muffle and invisibility.
If you're fighting an opponent who you simply cannot handle in head-to-head combat, cast calm, watch as he turns his back, and then slit his throat.
If there are too many enemies to stealthily eliminate in a certain area, fury them and watch as they tear each other apart. Then, move in to pick off those that remain.
I once considered Illusion to be useless, but once I used it for the first time, I fell in love with the edge that it gave me in stealth combat.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Not a bad guide. Couple of things I disagree with IMO. First, Illusion is optional, not useless, as it has many things that can help an assassin such as muffle, and invisibility. Secondly, you really don't need all the first 5 stealth perks of sneak, the muffle will make up for that, it just increases your percentage chance and with your skill high enough they won't be fully needed to even walk infront of someone and not be noticed. I would say the first 2 points are mandatory no more.

I totally agree but that would be a one-handed illusion build of a assassin this is dual wielding so no muffle spell bonus and i choose to utilize all points to stealth because there are still extra and i cover many good skills already but as said it is just a guide people are free to follow it or change it as they please. Sneak and one-handed leveled up right all the way is deadly enough alone to one hit dragons on master if you sneak attack them with a dagger, which is why i choose to dual blade at the start to level up my blade perks to bonus my dagger in the end with no spells cause a good sneaker really doesn't get discovered i've stabbed dragons in the face lol. But i totally agree illusion isn't completely pointless its a good crowed control and can make or break your silent assaults through out the game, but i render it pointless due to the fact if you get your sneak high enough you wont be doing much but crawling and cutting throats with a dagger, which also renders Restoration and Destruction useless to my opinion as well. The points to dual flurry help the beginning and can really carry you along until your good enough for that crawl dagger combination and it never hurts to just scissor cut some ones head of anyways.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Sorry, also to add i noticed things as invisibility, tada alchemy! you can make invis potions muffle potions and paralyze potions i will add a link to a skyrim alchemy immersion sight very helpful can show every possible mixture with all ingredients you have listed from most profitable to least. To me that alchemy makes up for no illusion and then some, you don't need to waste points into mana to cast your illusion spells alchemy levels fast also does illusion, you can easily find where to farm your materials for your preferred potions, potions cost loads of cash when potent and weigh next to nothing, and that poison boost for those times at lower levels and higher targets. Following my build to the teeth will bring you to what any class will in the end, a force of power. Any class, and build can be overpowered if managed right :) i learned this in a previous thread i have made. In light armor alls it takes is 5 levels of points into stamina really. That leaves 75 levels of hp. Thats 850 base hp. So with alchemy i can do just about anything a illusionist does except control people, and it wouldn't be mass control illusion spells such as hysteria because your doing a one-handed build of a weapon and spell. I think just makes it harder in the start because your spanning yourself thin between Stats and perks. For something that can be replaced and rendered pointless.
In all respect though illusion is a fun aspect to a assassin but i wouldn't consider it to be of the best

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Perhaps though i will add the illusion one hand style of assassin and also starting with archery as focus since i did name this elite guide its only fair to cover as much as Possible :p i will need time for this though

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
I see your point, Skinned.
In your mind (I think) Alchemy can substitute for the things that Illusion can do, only through potions and poisons.
Makes sense.
I'm not going to say your guide is bad or anything.
I was simply stating my opinion, as well. :)
I love Illusion.
Although, it took me a long time to find that out.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Don't we all? ;)

Necromis

Agreed, you can replace some of the illusion spells with potions. Also you don't have to be a one handed assassin with illusion. You cast a spell and then quick change that off hand to a dager. If you are on a PC you can do that with one key stroke on the favorites. If on some of the consoles you can favorite the weapon to a quick link button, or whatever it is called.

The reason I personally like the spells over the potions is that I don't have to worry about buying or making potions and running out if I am deep within a dungeon. Also for a lower level character that muffle spell right off the bat is very nice. Really a nice guide, just some personal thoughts and suggestions, though.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Agreed, you can replace some of the illusion spells with potions. Also you don't have to be a one handed assassin with illusion. You cast a spell and then quick change that off hand to a dager. If you are on a PC you can do that with one key stroke on the favorites. If on some of the consoles you can favorite the weapon to a quick link button, or whatever it is called.

Aye. I play on Xbox and PC. On Xbox, there aren't really any hotkeys (that I know about).
There's a favorite list, just like on PC, but you still have to open it every time that you want to change out a weapon or armor, use a potion, or whatever else.

Still. You could use an Illusion spell then switch to a dagger. Rather easy. I've had to do it for a few rather difficult bosses.

Necromis

someone on another topic said there were 2 hot keys on xBox for quick changes besides the favorites menu, maybe I misunderstood and it is PS3.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
Well. I did somehow end up with a 1. next to one of my items in my favorites menu, but I have no idea how I put it there, nor how to use it. :p

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
someone on another topic said there were 2 hot keys on xBox for quick changes besides the favorites menu, maybe I misunderstood and it is PS3.
I believe you use the D-PAD or whatever it's called and open up favorite list and hold down the right or left button on the same pad you use to bring up the favorites menu. Then it marks it as 1 or 2

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
I believe you use the D-PAD or whatever it's called and open up favorite list and hold down the right or left button on the same pad you use to bring up the favorites menu. Then it marks it as 1 or 2
Oh, really? Well. That would've been quite useful to know this entire time. :p
Thank you!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
I have also gotten a 1. next to one of my spells and finding ingredients isn't so bad lazy bones haha, it gives you something to do, somewhere to go maybe something nice to find and of course combat along the way. Just another day in skyrim :) farming some plants realism and fantasy combination. But at level 10 i stopped getting detected while sneaking lmao so really you just need a good sneak and the damage to one hit a hard enemy on master and there isn't much else you can do wrong.

Necromis

Yeah my next play thru, might even be tonight I am starting to hate my mage I made, is gonna be one of my toughest, no armour real thief type. Only gonna use one handed, regular street clothes and sneaky thievie black suits, my thieving skills, and probably illusion. He will try to avoid combat and will never use long ranged gear.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
-Adding Illusionist path this week hopefully-

Let these videos go to show that majority of the skills to be used will be rendered pointless late game. Both sneakers wearing heavy daedric armor, both master, both dual wielding, and both 1 hitting ancient dragons, no illusion casting of muffle or invis, just good old sneak and blade work which is what will really be working on in most builds, i think illusion is just a unnecessary substitute for sneak with the muffle and invis, and you got to wait for quite casting so you really got to horde illusion spells to level it fast for that perk or your precious spells will give you away. Me i have been undetected since level 10 cutting anyone and everyone's throat with a imperial blade lol with just these perks

Sneakx2, backstab
armsmanx2,dual flurry,fighting stance, bladesman
Just there alone in game with my level i have been undetected and cutting every single throat.

Necromis

Agreed, at higher levels it might be less necessary, but if you are just using daggers, no ranged attacks, then illusion helps to thin the herd, or bring them out to you. As always it is an optional choice, but not a useless choice. :D

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Agreed, at higher levels it might be less necessary, but if you are just using daggers, no ranged attacks, then illusion helps to thin the herd, or bring them out to you. As always it is an optional choice, but not a useless choice. :D[/quo
Agreed, at higher levels it might be less necessary, but if you are just using daggers, no ranged attacks, then illusion helps to thin the herd, or bring them out to you. As always it is an optional choice, but not a useless choice. :D

That is whats beautiful about this game so many options and ways to go with little to biggger things :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts