Elder Scrolls Online: What Faction Will You Be?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
Redguards are the coolest

Rougeification

I will definitely join the Daggerfall Covenant - I know it seems like they hate the elves as much as the elves hate them, but their reasons for the war are very diplomatic, whereas the Aldemari Dominion is motivated by revenge...
And I will be a Breton archer/swordsman. Sorta like a ranger.

Also, extra information for you guys on the game -

It's set a thousand years before Skyrim, and the Emperor of Cyrodiil has died, so these three alliances see the Empire as weak, whereas the alliances are strong - the land is highly sought after, and possessing the Imperial city would send out a message of how strong their alliance is to everyone else.

The Royal Family of the Imperials have been secret Daedra worshipers for a long time, and so when the Steward sees these three alliances inevitably wanting to claim not only the city, but their empire, he turns to enlist the help of the Daedra.

Now, here's the important bit - you cannot play as the Imperials.

Each faction has it's leader, who is an NPC, and, if you're assuming that a faction will win, then the leader will be crowned Emperor. Although, I don't think that they will do this and shut down the game, as it seems too limited to a certain time, and would be cutting off a lot of their potential market. Instead, I think they'll just keep the war waging, and it basically just creates the backdrop to the quest lines you can participate in.

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
I will definitely join the Daggerfall Covenant - I know it seems like they hate the elves as much as the elves hate them, but their reasons for the war are very diplomatic, whereas the Aldemari Dominion is motivated by revenge...
And I will be a Breton archer/swordsman. Sorta like a ranger.

Also, extra information for you guys on the game -

It's set a thousand years before Skyrim, and the Emperor of Cyrodiil has died, so these three alliances see the Empire as weak, whereas the alliances are strong - the land is highly sought after, and possessing the Imperial city would send out a message of how strong their alliance is to everyone else.

The Royal Family of the Imperials have been secret Daedra worshipers for a long time, and so when the Steward sees these three alliances inevitably wanting to claim not only the city, but their empire, he turns to enlist the help of the Daedra.

Now, here's the important bit - you cannot play as the Imperials.

Each faction has it's leader, who is an NPC, and, if you're assuming that a faction will win, then the leader will be crowned Emperor. Although, I don't think that they will do this and shut down the game, as it seems too limited to a certain time, and would be cutting off a lot of their potential market. Instead, I think they'll just keep the war waging, and it basically just creates the backdrop to the quest lines you can participate in.

Everything is true except the part that the leader is an NPC and will be crowned emperor. The person who becomes emperor is the highest ranking pleyer in the alliance. Not an NPC and actual player

Wenvertn

Medic No.113
Going with Breton ATM since they're the only race that is close enough to pass off as an Imperial. Aw well, might play a cannibal Wood Elf too for RP *evil grin*

Siah

Wait, where are the Imperials? Ah, well, guess I would go nord

Imperials are the enemy of everyone. They're in Cyrodil where all the massive pvp battles are. With 3 factions against them on all sides, sucks to be them >.>

Bear Wrangler

As of now I'm torn between the Daggerfall Covenant and the Ebonheart Pact. As I normally play Imperial characters as my "main" or myself so to speak, im debating between going Redguard or Nord. Breton could be another choice but it wouldnt exactly be using the strengths of a Breton in my playstyle of a "Ranger". I do like the combination of Breton, Redguard and Orc over Nord, Dark Elf, and Argonian. My dream faction would have been Nord, Redguard and either Breton or Orc.

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
As of now I'm torn between the Daggerfall Covenant and the Ebonheart Pact. As I normally play Imperial characters as my "main" or myself so to speak, im debating between going Redguard or Nord. Breton could be another choice but it wouldnt exactly be using the strengths of a Breton in my playstyle of a "Ranger". I do like the combination of Breton, Redguard and Orc over Nord, Dark Elf, and Argonian. My dream faction would have been Nord, Redguard and either Breton or Orc.
Im in the exact same dilemma.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Well I would LOVE to play in the Dominion! I hate the Thalmor but the Dominion are like equals to the Legion. We should try something new.

Well, I'm leaning toward daggerfall. Seems like a good option. I think I would play an orc first because my first skyrim character was an orc. Then later, my second character was a breton.

HipsterDogie

Yeah I'd like to see how they play out the "Mega Server." Every player one one big server would cause a bit of lag, wouldn't it?
Also I'm going to be a Nord captain (heavy armor, 2 handed) and lead a guild
it's going to be a mega server yes but without lagg, they said it will be 200 players on screen! I know nothing more.

Epic Keith

it's going to be a mega server yes but without lagg, they said it will be 200 players on screen! I know nothing more.
Yeah, I don't know how that's going to happen. It's going to be a big contest for the Emperor slot. (I have a feeling the Aldmeri Dominion will win).

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
Gotta go Daggerfall Covenant. We have Bretons, The best Human Magic users. Redguards the most gifted warriors of Tamriel. Orcs do I really need to explain how awesome Orcs are? :D

Plus, and I can't stress this enough, the DC gets to go to Stros M'kai!

Epic Keith

Gotta go Daggerfall Covenant. We have Bretons, The best Human Magic users. Redguards the most gifted warriors of Tamriel. Orcs do I really need to explain how awesome Orcs are? :D

Plus, and I can't stress this enough, the DC gets to go to Stros M'kai!
Oh, I thought nobody went to daggerfall :p

Serperior

Wood Elves 110% becuz pointy ears and smartass personality :cowboy:.

OneCannotSimply

PresidentGrogg
BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!!!!

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hello fellow Elder Scrolls fanatics! As most of you know, in late 2013 the new MMO Elder Scrolls Online will be coming out!
In this game, you will play simply as a normal Elder Scrolls game, rich with quests and customization options. And what makes the game even better is the fact that three factions will be fighting for control of Cyrodiil!!! And it's freaking multiplayer!!

The game will be divided into three factions:
1) Ebonheart Pact: focused on defending their homeland and way of life. Playable races will be Nords, Dark Elves, and Argonians.
2) Aldmeri Dominion: focused on world domination. Playable races are High Elves, Wood Elves, and Khajiit.
3) Daggerfall Covenant: focused on creating a democracy. Playable races are Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs.

So which faction and character will you play as? I'd love to hear your opinions!

I guess I will have to go Ebonheart Pact; Nord, I reckon i'll be playing as a merc/fighter character.

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I'd probably go for Aldmeri Dominion; they don't seem to be quite as vicious as the Thalmor.
Too bad Bretons are part of the group I'm least interested in.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts