Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters
I think it's a good possibility of having the whole of Tamriel to explore and with all the meshes and textures already been used now for The Elder Scrolls Online. They would have a good place to start from there, plus i've seen games like The Godfather 2 using options of travel to get to 2 completely different worlds. It would definitelty have tremendous replay value and great roleplay possibilities, so i voted all of tamriel!

LuChao

The Martial artist
I know it's a stretch but having a game that lets you go to EVERY PLACE IN TAMRIEL would be EPIC I honestly want to see it happen

Brandie

the sassy mage
Personally I would love to see the 6th game happen in the Summerset Isles. There's always been mystery behind the place and I'm very attracted to mystery. It helps that I have a thing for the Altmer race (well I have a thing all for the elven races lolol) and I'm a mage through and through with all my playthroughs.

Then again, alot of the Altmer (not all) have this superiority complex that can get pretty annoying after a while. I know that sounds slightly stereotypical, but alot of the Altmer in Skyrim are on a high horse, just as quite a few of the Nords are all "Skyrim belongs to the Nords". I suppose it's everywhere though.

adrian-smith31

Argonian
The ending of the civil war quest regardless of which side you choose suggests that the war with the Thalmor is not over and there will be future conflicts. I'm guessing Elder Scrolls 6 will continue where Skyrim left off give or take a few years and will be the Empire Vs. the Thalmor.

I'd say it will take place in Summerset Isles at least and possibly Valenwood and Elsweyr. Probably not Black Marsh / Morrowind as the Argonians are no longer part of the empire and more or less stuck two fingers up at everyone else. Same goes for the Redguards as they now dislike both the empire and the Thalmor and are doing fine on their own.

As for being it set in all of Tamriel I doubt that would happen - that is why they are making ESO.

albinobison

What I would like to see from the next Elder Scrolls...

- Location -

I honestly don't see the appeal of the next game taking place in Black Marsh, Elswyr, or the Summerset Isles. I know a lot of people are wanting Elswyr or Summerset Isles, but why? Having only played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, each of these games is set is a specific province of Tamriel. This has a tendency to make players want to create a character that is native to the province they are playing in (Morrowind - Dunmer, Oblivion - Imperial, Skyrim - Nord). Maybe you do that maybe you don't. Either way the games react to your race and it makes it that much more believable. Personally, I don't want to play as an Argonian (unless they look more like Raptors in the next game), a Khajiit, or Altmer. I understand that I would have a multitude of races to choose from but I don't even find those regions to be that interesting.

Valenwood certainly sounds interesting, with massive moving trees, etc. And I certainly think there is plenty of room for creativity from the developers as far as creating environments/crafting story. But in all honesty I really want to see Hammerfell. It has the potential to be very familiar yet very fresh at the same time. Skyrim was a great environment and harbored an aesthetic that was heavily reminiscent of old-school dungeon games, very archaic, very legendary. Furthermore, Skyrim was a rigid, harsh landscape, an inhospitable entity, in a way. That's what made the Nords that much more hardcore. From what we know Hammerfell is a vast desert region sprinkled with mountains. Skyrim's opposite and twin at the same time: Hammerfell's hot and sandy, Skyrim is cold and snowing, but both are inhabited by a hearty race that endures and makes a living regardless. This could make for an extremely new aesthetic in the series. The closest any previous game has come to deserts is Morrowind, but that's a whole different beast in itself. Just say the name, "Hammerfell." For those who said it, you know it has an epic ring to it....

It's probably just a matter of time before TES expands across the seas to other lands of Nirn but I think Tamriel still has room for at least one more game.

- Story -

I'm not going to say what I want the story to be because Bethesda has done a pretty fine job on their own thus far, and I want to be surprised when I play through it. But I will say what I don't want.

Skyrim was an excellent execution of a game. Lots to do, lots to explore, learn, etc. As I said earlier though, my favorite part was the civil war quest line. Not slaying dragons and being the dragonborn. Dragons are cool but it seems like every other fantasy franchise has dragons in some form or another. Granted Bethesda put its own unique twist on the scaly fiends, but they were still dragons. Fire-breathing, winged beasts that are virtually invincible. My character just so happens to be the first dragonborn in ages, right when dragons just so happen to reappear in Tamriel? That's convenient, okay I'll go eliminate that threat for you but I REALLY want to kick some Imperial butt instead. Why? Maybe because the empire is a joke, being puppeted by the ever-so-hateable Thalmor, who are trying to tell me that I can't worship my patron deity Talos. Why is this an awesome set up? My first experience in the game is nearly being executed by Imperials based on no charges whatsoever. That gives me a distaste of the Empire right off the bat. This struggle for power between a native people and a religiously/politically oppressive Aldmeri Dominion is beautiful. I can be a part of something so much larger than myself, yet I can have a massive influence of the direction the war takes. It's so much more motivating to me.

What was even cooler about the civil war is that you could pick sides. Sides that are neither 100% good or 100% evil. Each is doing what's right in its own eyes, but both have obvious flaws. Moral gray areas have so much potential.

I'm not saying that TES:6 should be a continuation of Skyrim's civil war because each game should be independent story-wise. There are plenty of scenarios that the writers can come up with, and if they take place in Hammerfell there's tons of room for fresh ideas. The story doesn't always have to be a giant world-breaking magically-saturated catastrophe (Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind). Some of the best stories unfold between political corruption and an underdog's thirst for justice.

Caideus

Well, for starters I would rather see Skyrim remade for the Xbox One. With over 20 million copies sold I think it deserves it. With that many copies sold, I also think that the last two Elder Scrolls be revamped and introduced for the Xbox 360, and PS3 as well for the Xbox One and the PS4. There is no reason to hold those titles back.

But for Elder Scrolls VI, I think I would like to see the next title taking place within two areas of the map for starters. Giving the player an option to take sides within the Thalmor in Summerset Isles or with the Imperials in Cryodiil, when the next great war takes place. DLCs could add options as to starting out in provinces owned by either faction. Giving the player alternative starting options. Even adding a one time betrayal quest, where the player can change which side they are wanting to be. Giving the player complete control of there world without having to re-role a new toon. Even though, we all know we would anyways.

DustyMayFire

Skyforge apprentice
I really really really want the next game to take place on the other large continent on Nirn. I think it has something to do with the Akiviri and as far as I know, none of the games have been there, or focused there.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I really really really want the next game to take place on the other large continent on Nirn. I think it has something to do with the Akiviri and as far as I know, none of the games have been there, or focused there.

The problem with that is there are very few, if any original playable races. Its mostly inhabited by Carnivorous snakes people, vicious cat people and some monkey things... among other hostile creatures.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I would love to see it take place in all of Tamriel. That would be awesome to be able to go everywhere.

exactly as I said :D

Darkjedi

So many possibilities, and with computers now days, and graphics, hard drive sizes and all that, it wouldn't be much of a problem having a game that is 50 GB's installed lol, or however big it would have to be. Just imagine the possibilities for the mods, hell there are thousands of them now. Could go to Hammerfell and see EVERYONE with curved swords, can you believe that curved swords. Lol.

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
TES 6 should be all of Tamriel on a 1 tb harddrive, that way the game is huge im talking about having the map so big that it literaly take 72 of straight horse back riding to go from one side to the other! I would like to see cities that are actual cities, just not 3-5 houses and a few shops, i want population of over 500k NPC not counting merchants, and mermaids and unicorns also. bring back the extinc/old races like the Sloads, fox ppl, tiger ppl, all mer races, have an arena somewhat like the roman gladiators had to fight in. basically make TES6 the game of all games!

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
TES 6 should be all of Tamriel on a 1 tb harddrive, that way the game is huge im talking about having the map so big that it literaly take 72 of straight horse back riding to go from one side to the other! I would like to see cities that are actual cities, just not 3-5 houses and a few shops, i want population of over 500k NPC not counting merchants, and mermaids and unicorns also. bring back the extinc/old races like the Sloads, fox ppl, tiger ppl, all mer races, have an arena somewhat like the roman gladiators had to fight in. basically make TES6 the game of all games!

You do know that bringing all the races would not fit the lore right?

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
some of the forgotten races perhaps didn't die out, they just vanished, so they could come back perhaps. I'm not talking about having thousands of Sloads but why couldn't a small tribe have survived, perhaps on a desolate island, or maybe for the dwemer they went into the ground deeper. the psijic order was thought to have died out but in skyrim they made an appearence after being gone for i believe 200 or 300 years. It's just an idea, in all likely hood I highly doubt who ever gets the contract for the next TES or the one after would take my idea seriously, but it would be neat. Or like you said it wouldnt fit with the lore, why not have a time travel as they did with Skyrim, granted in skyrim you couldn't interact with the past just observe. Kind of like Zelda and the oracle of time deal, you could travel back in time to change things in the present. With the idea of time travel though obviously they could just let you travel lets say to the birth year of an emperor and kill them unless it was a quest, it would make the game, game breaking. It would be nice to travel back to when the old races lived though, you can't say, as a fan, that you would disagree. (IMO)

Katrin

Unrepentant Stormcloak Loyalist
I think the next game is going to encompass High Rock and Hammerfell, and by extension Orsinium and maybe The Reach. Like Skyrim, there could be two or more main quests, but hopefully this time around they can do a better job of tying them together. The Al'Akir warriors made it clear that their fight against the Aldmeri Dominion is still going strong, so that could be a possible story avenue. And let's not forget that High Rock is home to the Adamantine Tower, and the Illiac Bay is adjacent to both provinces. Is it too wild of a theory to assume that the Thalmor would try to cause another Warp? I think they would. As for Orsinium, the orcs are unrepentant worshipers of Malacath, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Dominion took offense to that.

Mostly, though, I just want to see Hammerfell and High Rock as they were meant to be seen, and I think that it would be really neat to visit Orsinium.

CaptRexOne

Looking at everyone's idea's (I did not look at all) no one has noted the continent of Akavir. So, like a basic idea, it would include the Dwemer, who escaped to Akavir, and with their tech they helped nearly get rid of the dragons. But one of the major reasons it would be cool is because the Akavir are usually portrayed as samurai like characters. Who have tamed the dragon! (Dragonborn Dlc I'm looking at you)

I'd like to see it based out of Cyrodill, with minor jaunts into all the outlying districts. Maybe a recovery and explanation of what actually happened to the dwemer. Reintroduce the dwemer, but as a mere shadow of their former glory.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pyro Psycho

I want some more races in the mix. Or somewhere like maybe akavir? I would love a race based on magic/stealth, because when i make a save file, I cant decide between magic and stealth. This role would fit well with the Tsaeci, but frankly, akavir would be a bad choice. It's an entire new continent, and we haven't gone through half of the one were on now! I would like to visit cyrodill again. Oblivion was my first TES game, and it would be fun looking back at places like dive rock, the arena, cheydinhal sanctuary, and the count of skingrad.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts