Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Warpsmasher

Elsweyr is my choice becuz it sounds like it would be a very nice change and would open up alot of possibiltys I mean so far we have been in areas very typical to the medival kind of feel but what about the rest of the world i mean deserts and tropical forest at that time would be much diffrent and would give way to much diffrent enemys and wepon and armor styles

Metallipath

Premium Member
I'd like to see Hammerfell or Elsweyr for the deserts. I don't think that setting would appeal to as many fans though.

Khazrihl

While playing Skyrim, I remember talking/doing some business with some of the Khajiit traders outside of Windhelm. I was talking to this one, and he was telling me about Elsewyr, their home. I instantly thought about how refreshing an Elder Scrolls experience would be, if it were to take place in massive deserts and across grand mesas. Just think about the loading screen that shows the Redguard with a turban, eyeing a grand soul gem... that would be amazing.

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
To me it seems as if they are poking a lot at the Thalmor, and the summerset Isles. This would be great because the Isles are supposed to be "shrouded in mystery", and birthplace to the most powerful mages. I think that since Bethesda has gotten so good at making magic viable in these game that it would be an obvious next step

have you played Morrowind. In that game you get to talk to a real Dwemer, he explains much about the their dissapearance. He is located in the bottom of dungeon, kept alive by Dwemer technology and Telvanni magic.

Wow, cool. Played the hell out of Morrowind but never met that guy.

We diddent see enough cats in Skyrim so I think it will be Elsweyr :)

And I would love it to be Elsweyr. The Khajiit caravan traders in Skyrim were a neat idea. I like that they actually travel about too.

Arantir1655

I think Hammerfell is the most likely location for the next Elder Scrolls game, when you consider the current state of each province.

Cyrodiil: Not likely. The last Elder scrolls game took place here, not many people would want to go here again so soon.

Black Marsh: Not likely. Not much going on here overall. Argonians invading southern Morrowind. A marsh also doesn't sound like an interesting setting for a game, but that's just my opinion.

Elsweyr: Possible. Currently a client state of the Aldmeri Dominion. Maybe the Empire will gather enough strength to take the province back.

High Rock: Not likely. Not much going on here.

Morrowind: Not likely. Vvardenfell was destroyed and southern Morrowind is being invaded by Argonians. A lot of Dark Elves have fled to other provinces.

Skyrim: Not likely. They wouldn't make the next game in the series take place in the same province.

Summerset Isle: Not likely. You'd have to be a member of the Aldmeri Dominion to have any reason to be there.

Valenwood: Not likely. Part of the Aldmeri Dominion. Even if the Empire was invading, it is unlikely that the player would be a part of that invasion, because that wouldn't allow for much variety in quests.

Hammerfell or Hammerfell/High Rock: Likely. Hammerfell is currently independant and has fought off the Aldmeri Dominion. The Aldmeri dominion will most likely invade again. If the Empire decides to fight back at the Aldmeri Dominion then Hammerfell would be a very useful ally. Hammerfell seems to have the most problems right now.

Of course each game seems to have a large, unexpected event that takes place after the previous game, so it could be anywhere. It wouldn't make much sense to have the whole Aldmeri Dominion thing fade out of existence without the player being involved though.

Maybe a large, unrelated event will take place in Hammerfell or High Rock with the Aldmeri Domion being a part of that story, but not directly related.

jeff

I like the idea of each char starting off on thier own quest and the race specific guilds is a great idea. I'm glad that i have Skyrim to keep me occupied for the next few years until TES 6 comes out!

Duffmage

If Elder Scrolls games continue to be released at the current rate, then we'll only have to wait another 5 years to find out.

i would love to see the nords (storm cloaks) try to restore and create a new empire to keep the talos faith throughout tamriel. there could be another great war between the thalmor and the nords. there could possibly be a nordic invasion on the summer set isles.

Dylanj70

I used to be a Guard, Then i took a curved sword
Personally, I would love it to be Elsweyr because I think Khajiit are AWESOME!
But also, Oblivion and Skyrim have both had human races as the main race so I think a more Animal-like race would be a good change for TES.

Panthera

Don Gato
Elsweyr! When i started morrowind i picked khajiit, also in oblivion and even now in skyrim i couldnt break tradition. And in each province khajiit race isn't much acceptble so thats why i pick khajiit so in the end its khajiit a hero! xD In Elsweyr I would finaly have a native race to play. :)

KayO199X

Think Elsweyr has in the the perfect place to set up a good story. It would also make a great "Arabian Knights" setting.

The story: Elsweyr is trying to brake away from the Aldimeri Dominion, the player has many options of how to handle this.
1. Stay with the Dominion
2. Rejoin the Cyrodiilic Empire
3. Join the rising Argonian Nation
4. Become independent

Nightingale

It's hard for me to choose which one I would personally prefer, because I can see any of them being fantastic. Though I must admit, venturing to the land of one of the Beast races would be rather intriguing and different. Their cultures and traditions are fascinating to me.

It was hard to decide between Hammerfell, Elsweyr, or Summerset Isle, after thinking i would like to see TES 6 take place in Summerset Isle. Although the game will probably take place in Hammerfell i do not really like that idea because the province has no variation in vegetation all the place is, is a giant desert, where as Elsweyr has forests, deserts, tropical beaches, and different main population. But i picked Summerset Isle because i kind of like the idea of an archipelago shrouded in mystery and seeing the home land of the high elves

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts