Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Jei El

We will be avenged.
I hope (as Thai said) It will take place between all the places. That would make it.. HUGE.

Niq

The Problem i foresee in setting it in places like Valenwood and Black marsh, are the climates there...

Valenwood - has huge moving Tree towns! and is has the thickest forests imaginable... this for any designer would be a mammoth task, it might look samey and become unnavigable for gamers.

Black Marsh - has huge swamps and rivers that Argonians use to travel under water! and those insects tht attack and eat people alive. lol. there are many things in black marsh lore that would be very hard to accomplish well.

I think our hopes are set very high by the aesthetics we have in Skyrim, so i worry that the designers are going to have a hard time bringing other regions to life the way they have Skyrim.

Quantumcat

Hi all, this is my first post.

I have been a Khajit in every game, and I find it sad that all the other Khajit are slaves or downtrodden in some way. The best-off Khajit I can ever remember owned a poky little odds and ends shop in the main town you begin in, in Morrowind. So I would like TES:VI to be in Elsweyr and have Khajiti be the majority :-)

I also wouldn't mind Valenwood, because a game taking place in tree-top villages would be really, really cool.

I would also love the game to follow the storyline of the disappearance of the dwarves - I'm sure if Bethesda thought of a good story for this it would be included in a game right away!

Benthos

Proud Mer
I hear a lot throughout Skyrim about Cyrodil and Tamriel, I would like to see the next game cover one of those because of how glorified they are by their natives who have traveled here. I wouldn't doubt going to Elsweyr next game either since it has potential.

Quantumcat

I hear a lot throughout Skyrim about Cyrodil and Tamriel, I would like to see the next game cover one of those because of how glorified they are by their natives who have traveled here. I wouldn't doubt going to Elsweyr next game either since it has potential.
I think Cyrodiil is part of Tamriel. Tamriel is the continent, Cyrodiil is a province. Like Chad is part of Africa and Chile is part of South America.

Maybe they could have more than one province?

Maybe there could be a game where the Argonians and Wood Elves are at war, and you get to sail back and forth between Valenwood and Black Marsh.

FullmetalHeart20

This whole multiple province thing doesn't sit we'll with me. For one, I like what they seem to be doing, one after the other. Surprises you with the next exotic location. Also, I'd really prefer one province made the best it can be over multiple half assed locations.

Saozig

Hippy
I can't imagine how MASSIVE it would be if they made a game covering all of Tamriel in the detail they have done with Skyrim but OMFG that would the best thing evah. I'd give up a lot for that: friends, eating, hygiene, multisyllabic communication with other IRL members of my species...

I think maybe a multiregion game might be the most I could hope for right now, like a game that has quest lines that cover Hammerfall, Daggerfall and the Summerset Isles? I would really like to take a break from the snows of Skyrims and get lost in a place like the A'likr Desert, and a game that includes sea travel could potentially be pretty awesome. Sea monsters, anyone?

Such a massive game would need to be done on the Playstation 4, Xbox 720, and maybe Wii U.

Wisp

I honestly would be completely happy if it were set in any of the provinces! I think Elsweyr or Valenwood would be very interesting. Elsweyr, especially, with the Khajiit/Thalmor relations and the issue of the missing moons.

Cazimir

I don't especially enjoy how the Khajiit speak. Having them as the dominate culture would probably be annoying for me. I'd prefer the Summerset Isles. Seems like a cool place because of all the magic. And I like the Altmer.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
Valenwood and Elsweyr do seem like the more logical choices and would be a welcome contrast in scenery from Skyrim. In terms of NPC/Race distrubution. What I thought of was that it could be set during maybe a second Great War as the setting and having Empire or Dominion controlled areas. Valenwood and Elsweyr could be the contested areas and that would give a reason to why a lot of other races are there.

+ Seeing the arguments about how Valenwood and Elsweyr have similar Lore then it would be logical for both to be included especially seeing the sizes of each Province compared to others such as Cyrodiil or Morrowind.

We probably won't see this game for at least another 3-4 years though.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I wouldn't mind Summerset Isles, mainly because I enjoy being a Mage and the Psijic Order has an island around there.

Gratot

I would say Elsweyr all the way! imagine the thieves guild being pirates the warriors guild gladiators and the magic guild being jungle voodoo druids, and having giant city's full of khajiit,and making skooma and selling it at some kind of black market or pirates

skyrim and hammerfell

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts