Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elder Scrolls 6 (VI): Where will it take place?

• Cyrodil

Votes: 39 3.2%
  • High Rock

Votes: 44 3.7%
  • Summerset Isles

Votes: 168 14.0%
  • Hammerfell

Votes: 184 15.3%
  • Black Marsh

Votes: 97 8.1%
  • Valenwood

Votes: 110 9.1%
  • Elsweyr

Votes: 268 22.3%
  • Morrowind (again)

Votes: 15 1.2%
  • All of Tamriel

Votes: 279 23.2%

• Total voters

Sean

lost somewhere
I can't see it in locations where the main race is a beast, it would harder to sell to the "average" gamer, the main species would most likely be elves or humans.

I would actually find it interesting though, but I am just thinking in terms of accessibility to most people, and they are a business.

seeing how this one is 200 yrs after oblivion and i think oblivion took place 100 yrs after morrowind it doesnt matter whats happening in the game to choose the next location. they released books to tie together the story line between oblivion and skyrim. but me personnally would love to see the black marsh. the creatures and scenery would be awesome with todays graphics. but thats just me ive spent the last 3-4 yrs in a desert and miss the woods

True there were big gaps their, but both Oblivion and Morrowind you pretty much ended the conflict, Dagoth Ur was killed in Morrowind and Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion there was no other major conflict going on during those game. However in Skyrim we have the Thalmor running around and you never do resolve that major conflict in Skyrim. I would love to go to the Summerset Isles and be able to either stop or help the Thalmor, plus I think it would be an interesting place to see as its supposed to be a place of great magic. One of the coolest things I thought in Morrowind was the Telvanni villages and how they were magically grown trees and mushrooms turned into houses and towers, I would love to see what kind of magical structures the Altmer might make.

Sean

lost somewhere
True there were big gaps their, but both Oblivion and Morrowind you pretty much ended the conflict, Dagoth Ur was killed in Morrowind and Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion there was no other major conflict going on during those game. However in Skyrim we have the Thalmor running around and you never do resolve that major conflict in Skyrim. I would love to go to the Summerset Isles and be able to either stop or help the Thalmor, plus I think it would be an interesting place to see as its supposed to be a place of great magic. One of the coolest things I thought in Morrowind was the Telvanni villages and how they were magically grown trees and mushrooms turned into houses and towers, I would love to see what kind of magical structures the Altmer might make.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda let's us finish off the Thalmor with the last DLC for Skyrim.

Also, it was only 6 years between Arena and Daggerfall, 22 years between Daggerfall and Morrowind, and 6 years between Morrowind and Oblvion; only Oblivion to Skyrim had the long gap. (I double checked the UESP before posting to make sure)

Coyote

The Epic
i'm hopeing all of tamriel but it's most likely Hammerfell

To me Black Marsh just sounds like the swamps in Morthal but with trees overhead making the area really dark and gloomy at all times. But I could be wrong.

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
All of Tamriel?... Even if they played it out right, I fear for the PC gamers.. Although, it'd bring investment for the PS4. ... Augh, I feel the boredom from the lag and loading screens already. >.<

I have to say that I miss Cyrodiil.. The diversity of species and climates was nice. With Skyrim in such a cold province that is either desolate, snowed in, or half-collapsed; (although I love snow) I just hope for some green grass that is covered with mushrooms, flowers, and other alchemy ingredients.

(And although it seems to be the exact opposite of what I crave..) I think Elsweyr may be VI.
The Khajiit have continually been in the game. And, now that they are scarce in Skyrim, they may have their comeback in VI. And... the name Elsweyr is the best of them all.. Else where

Also, more Vampire's is a must! But what would Vampires be doing in a desert?.. along the coast, perhaps?
Oh, and~ the evil guy for Elsweyr needs to be a werewolf.... lol...

If I had to guess, I would say Akavir. The reason is that it is completely untouched by any TES game, so why not do a completely new area for a completely new generation of consoles?

Also, it would work better with marketing. Morrowind worked well as the "w" could be uesd for "III," Oblivion worked well from the "iv," as that easily turned to "IV," Skyrim used the "Y," and Akavir could use the "VI."

So, I could see Bethesda using Akavir for TES6, it also flows better: The Elder Scrolls VI: Akavir.

That might not be as cool as it sounds though, there are books you can read in the games that say there are no more people in Akaviir because the snakevampirepeople (can't remember their name off the top of my head) killed them all.

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
Skyrimprobitchs... I believe you spelled 'bitches' wrong.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

Bambikins

I personally hope for Summerset Isles although I'd be fine with any of the areas. I think there is a possibility for Summerset Isles with the Thalmor on the rise and with Summerset Isles being a little mysterious to the players.

I wouldn't like the next Elder Scroll game to be of all Tambriel, I think I'd be too much work, and if they stick to one region at a time there would be a ton more details.

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
I personally hope for Summerset Isles although I'd be fine with any of the areas. I think there is a possibility for Summerset Isles with the Thalmor on the rise and with Summerset Isles being a little mysterious to the players.

I wouldn't like the next Elder Scroll game to be of all Tambriel, I think I'd be too much work, and if they stick to one region at a time there would be a ton more details.

I'd like to see Summerset Isles too, and I think if they wait until the next gen of consoles they could make a brain-busting amazing looking game. I think it'd be more to do with the downfall of the Thalmor, they've already got a firm hold of the Isles so no need to rise there. I think there's opportunity to add more lore to the Psyjic order, perhaps adding them as an alternative to the college of winterhold/mages guild.

rederror

Silent observer
I guess it would seem pretty crappy to average gamer's if they were surrounded by lizard/ cat men.
But bethesda have to make it one day, t's all up to them I though, for all they care, it could be godamn oblivion.

The thing that makes me want to go to black marsh is the hist tree, a sentient godamn tree that created a plague and killed a bunch of people. Plus the waterways in skyrim are real displeasing and void of life.

Highelf-lover

I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.[/quot
I know it's too early to think ahead, but I'm just curious and I'm sure many others are, too. Where do you think The Elder Scrolls 6 will take place? Will you be able to travel through all of Tamriel? Or perhaps it might be set in Cyrodil, High Rock, Summerset Isles, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, Valenwood or Eslweyr. Personally, I think as the game will be on the future generation consoles, they'll be able to be much more flexible. I believe that you will get to be at a different province which depends on the races you choose. This could make the game and replay value huge! Who knows.

Feel free to vote in the poll.
I think having the Elder Scrolls VI in Summerset Isle and Valenwood would be best because it would be interesting to have the main quest have something to do with the Aldmeri Dominion and the Pyhsic Order. Or having it through all of Tamriel would be nice too, but it would probably take a lot of work if it were to match the amazing-ness of Skyrim. Plus it would take a long time too.

Highelf-lover

I think having the Elder Scrolls VI in Summerset Isle and Valenwood would be best because it would be interesting to have the main quest have something to do with the Aldmeri Dominion and the Pyhsic Order. Or having it through all of Tamriel would be nice too, but it would probably take a lot of work if it were to match the amazing-ness of Skyrim. Plus it would take a long time too.

James the Killer

Sharpshooter
I'd say Hammerfell because I want to know about the area in detail and maybe some landmark on how the Redguards came to Hammerfell from there other Homeland

PapaC420

Eh. Alinor and Valenwood don't match that well. If you want it in Valenwood, it should be paired with Elsweyr due to the cultural similarities and shared history.

I couldn't agree with you more.. I wouldn't mind the Black Marsh as well with Valenwood, and Elsweyr.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts