• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Following the mysterious disappearance of Arniel Gane, professor at the College of Winterhold, a group of students decide to embark on an expedition in search for the long forgotten magical artifacts of the ancient Dwemer. Against the advise of the Arch Mage, the group sets off; each one for differing reasons. Be it knowledge, glory or power, they have come together in a common goal...

To delve the Depths of the Dwemer ruins and discover the secrets of the ancients.

You are a student at the College of Winterhold; the biggest and only magic school in Skyrim. All types of magic is welcomed and practiced in the halls of the college, save for necromancy. You traveled to attend this school because you wanted to learn more and better yourself, knowing that without it you would have a much tougher time exceeding your own limitations. Now you have a choice and your own motivations.

RULES

• No god mode characters; no death dealing fire breathing magician of death and no impenetrable wall of ice.
    • You MUST have a weakness. This is stressed because if not we'd have a bunch of overpowered mages.
    • One adept skill. After all we are students.
    • We don't want students related to teachers because that promotes favoritism. We don't want favoritism in this great nation of Skyrim *cues propaganda voice*
    • Be respectful to your fellow cast members and keep the hate to a minimum. To a non existent.
    • This will be 18+ so sex, blood, violence, naughty swear words and the mentioning of Tolfdir and Arniel.
    • Be creative! If you want to do a cross mage combo than go for it! Just make it realistic and not one hit kill.
    • Normal Roleplay rules apply(look up Adante's FAQ if you're not familiar)
    • IF THERE IS ANY INACTIVITY YOU WILL BE BEAT.Really though if something serious comes up then let us know. We want dedicated writers to stick around short of anything awful. Kitty and I are very understanding. It's when no one posts for no apparent reason (to us) that's annoying.
    • The default dialogue color is grey and for NPCs it's white. Please put thoughts in your color and in italics.
    • Only one character per person. As much as I love doubling up it allows for more people to join! ^_^

Cast
    Wolfbane as Jaden Vivic Echoes of the ancients

ShadowKitty as Una Springthorn Echoes of the ancients
    Simus as Alice Psyrakon Echoes of the ancients
    Dabiene Caristiana as Dabiene Caristiana Echoes of the ancients

Last edited:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Thanks Wolfy, and welcome to You, our prospective fellow RP'er.

This RP is a collaboration between Wolfbane and Myself. Any questions you have can be made directly in this Occ or PM either Wolfy or me.

So the setting for this RP is obviously the College of Winterhold (around the time of the dragonborn but before the Eye of Magnus) where you are a student. We will be delving into various Dwemer ruins. It's going to be...a very "Interactive" RP, with twists and turns, puzzles and traps.

So be prepared for "US", your God-like Hosts, to take over at certain points in the RP and throw some curly situations at you. It is designed to make you think, maybe change your path, your goals, and who you interact with. It will be at times, fast paced and so you need to keep up with what's happening. Pay attention to other's posts and you will be fine. Please refrain from taking over someone's character, or changing our plot lines, and never.. I mean NEVER make an OOC comment in the IC.

As Wolfy very beautifully laid out, you must be a student of the College, have only ONE adept skill. The rest being apprentice and Novice or nothing. You can be whatever race you want, and no animal/human followers please. One character only per player.

We are looking forward to your interest and getting this RP up and running. Most of all, have fun with it.

Last edited:

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Name: Jaden Vivec

Race: Half Breton and half Nord. (His father is a Nord and his mother a Breton)

Sexuality: likes women

Class:spellsword

Religion: Nordic pantheon but personally he's not a huge supporter

Afflictions: can sometimes lose feeling in his spell hand from ice and fire spells

Affiliations: college of Winterhold

Skills: one handed, destruction and restoration

Adept:destruction- mainly uses advanced ice spells but also knows advanced fire spells

Apprentice: restoration- healing, healing others, ward

Novice: conjuration- bound sword.

Novice:illusion-calm

Novice:alteration-candlelight and oak flesh

Novice:Enchanting- basic spells on rings and amulets

Other skills: he is also proficient with a blade

TACTICS: Jaden likes it up close and personal while still being pragmatic. He incorporates his spells in a way that keeps his magicka up while also conserving energy for the fight. Rarely does he need to go all out. He'll throw a nice spell at the enemy's leg or arm to disable them or freeze the weapon itself and shatter it. He uses ice spear as more ranged while the fire spells are offensive as well as a means for starting fire, cooking food, and warming the tub up. On top of that he is proficient with a blade and loves a traditional blade compared to the bound sword he summons for back up.

Defensive: he can temporarily put up a wall of ice for cover as well as calm his opponent/ opponents

Gear: While in school he wears his robes. Outside of school he wears his father's iron armor. For offense he wields his mother's sword that she has used countless times.

APPEARANCE: Short brown hair, well kept beard brown and deep brown eyes along with strong Nord features like the jaw and more muscle than most mages. His nose is softer due to the Breton in him.

PERSONALITY:

The good: always ready to learn, capable, and looks out for his friends and loved ones, friendly to those closest

The bad: sarcastic, can be stubborn and when his loved ones get hurt he often acts on emotion.

Misc: often plays with a ice or electricity spell when thinking. Has his mothers amulet around his neck as often as he can. She told him that it will always protect him.

HISTORY:

He was surprisingly born in Skyrim where the weather is cold and the drink is strong. The story is that his father who was in a sellsword at the time wondered into one of the many taverns in Skyrim. He ordered a drink and a meal and sat down thinking it be just another day off. As he took the first drink he heard the doors swing open, yelling and a sword being drawn. His eyes looked up and saw the most beautiful girl getting her face slammed into a wooden table by the very angry Nord man. Being the blunt man he was he rose up from his table and also withdrew his blade with a slight smile,

"That's no way to treat a lady. Doubly so if she is a lover."

"Stay out of this kinsman. I don't want to have to put you down. My wife she is coming with me," the angry man got a head to the nose indicating that this woman was his former lover. Her pretty neck was not adorned by a necklace but instead a steel blade. Advar got closer as he gripped his sword and walked closer to the pair. This lasted a few minutes before he tried to appeal to every Nord's weakness; pride.

"Why don't you let the girl go and fight me like a man. Or are you so scared you'd hide behind woman?" This obviously angered the arrogant Nord because he let the girl go and proceeded to charge Advar. Advar simply side stepped and struck the man's leg then loped off his head with a forward swing. The beautiful Breton woman threw her arms around his neck, causing her dark brown hair to fly over her shoulders. After a moment of silence she introduced herself as Vivienne. The two had a few drinks, a tumble around the blankets, a ring, house, and a couple of more under the blanket roll arounds and Jaden was conceived.

Being half Breton Jaden focused on the handling of magic with his mother while also learning how to wield a sword from his father. His father viewed magic as a weapon and a tool for good if in the right hands. Magic to that family was a gift, a way to become a better warrior. Unlike most Nords however, he believed that honor was a dead man's joy. In a real fight you do what you have to to win. Target weak points, strike at the legs and the arms, dodge and weave to make it harder for the opponent to strike you. His parents taught him how to better this with magic.

When Jaden was of age he hugged his parents goodbye and made his way to the college of Winterhold knowing that to acquire more knowledge of the arcane he needed to immerse himself in it. It would be hard to leave his parents but they understood and told him to follow what his heart tells him.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    2016-02-24_00014.jpg

Name:
    Una Springthorn
    Sex: female
    Race: Bosmer/Nord (mother Bosmer, father Nord)
    Sexuality: likes men
    Class: Archer, Mage Conjuration Magic
    Home town: Born in Falinesti, the Great Tree city, but later taken to Skyrim by her
    Nord father to flee the Aldmeri Genocide of the Bosmer people
    Deity: Y’ffre the Storyteller, Spirit of the Now.
    Afflictions: ages quicker than most elves, due to being half Nord
    Affiliations: Collage of Winterhold.
    Skills: Archery, Conjuration - Bound Bow

Appearance: Tall, slim build with very long dark blonde hair. She has tanned skin from being outdoors a lot. Being half nord she doesn’t have the harsh features of an elf, the only thing distinguishable is her pointed ears. She also has lighter brown eyes rather than the Bosmer red and likes to wear black Kohl makeup around them. Una has no visible scars but she has calluses on her hands from a lifetime of having a bow in her hands. You would not even know that she was half elf unless you really looked.

Dress: Una will wear simple clothing or Collage Robes, or when hunting or travelling she will wear Hedge Mage armour(as pictured). She prefers to travel light as she is quick and nimble and can climb extremely well. The only visible weapons you will see on her is a dagger, but she has others concealed on her person. Usually one in her right boot and a small push blade concealed on her back. She wears a long hooded brown cloak when travelling and an amulet to enhance magicka.

2016-02-24_00016.jpg

Weapons and tactics: Una was fond of her bow, a gift from her Bosmer grandfather which she lost while making the journey to Skyrim. She is now, however, proficient in conjuring a bound Daedric bow. She is naturally skilled in archery and is lethal working in the shadows or from a vantage point up in a tree. She can fight with a single or dual wield dagger. She is surprisingly strong and uses that to her advantage when in a close melee fight. But her real strength lies in her deadly accuracy with her bow. She can conjure a Flame Atronach for a limited time and is secretly learning how to reanimate a corpse.
    2016-02-24_00026.jpg

2016-02-24_00022.jpg

Magical skills:
    Main discipline: Conjuration.
    Weakness: Frost.

Destruction: apprentice - fire- flames occasional fire ball
    Conjuration: Adept - bound Bow, flaming Atronach, reanimate corpse
    Illusion: Novice - calm
    Enchanting: Novice - can put weaker enchantments on amulets
    Alchemy: Novice - basic health potions
    Restoration: Apprentice - healing and healing others

Bio: Una was born in the capital city of Falinesti, the Great Tree city of Valenwood. Immediately after her birth, her parents took her into hiding from the elder council, who had, reluctantly allowed the marriage to take place but declared that any child born under their union was to be exterminated. So Una’s Nord father took her and her mother away in secret, helped by her father, Una’s grandfather. They lived peacefully, far away from the capital in a small village hidden deep in the forest where Una learned the ways of the wood craft which included archery, hunting and tracking.

Una grew into an inquisitive and independent child, often spending days out in the forest alone, as was the norm for a Bosmer youngling. Sadly their peaceful life came to an end when Una was a teenager. The Aldmeri Dominion was once again threatening the lives of the Bosmer people, wiping out whole villages as they swept over Valenwood. Una’s father, now a man well into his twilight years, fled with his wife and daughter but during their escape, sadly, Una’s mother was killed. Racked with grief Una and her father made it into Cyrodiil and began travelling north, back towards her father’s home land of Skyrim. The journey took months as they had to stop and earn money to support their travels, and in the end, just before they reached the boarder of Skyrim Una’s father succumbed to a lung illness. Una was left to make the journey alone.

Personality: Una is a very independent young woman who thrives best in the forest, communing with Y’ffre and being alone. She is quiet spoken and kind, but she also has a dark side to her. If she is threatened she will retaliate swiftly and savagely and she hates seeing innocents being mistreated. She loves hunting and also likes the company of men. Sometimes, she craves human contact and will venture into a city. She has some magical abilities and has joined the College of Winterhold in the hopes that she can learn new spells and hone her skills.

Likes: Being in the forest, sleeping in the trees, killing Thalmor, being around men, Khajiit traders, the rain, learning new spells, exploring
    Hates: Being in closed-in spaces, not being able to see the sky, Thalmor, hot dry places,

Traits: Good – Inquisitive, kind, independent, sensual, humble, charitable, observant

Bad – Stubborn, savage, vain, naive, moody

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    Wolfy gave me a heads up on this. How many do you plan on having in the roster?

If a few more join and it looks like it'll be active I may join myself. ;)

Dabiene Caristiana

Hate to clog up the OOC lol But anyway...

Only problem is I'm a bit rusty. I haven't role played in ages. I'm... honored?... to have people ask me to join. However I have no idea if I got the skills to get back into the swing of things.

Good news is, since I have a grand pc, I can make action shots and good pics of my character to help the story if needed. I'll give it a thought and let you know in a day. ;)

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I'll be joining this and I'll be bringing Alice and Cilla. I've made them college students in other RP's, most notebly Fading Hope, and I've been itching to do a full blown College RP. Their character cards are in my sig if you guys want to look at them now but I'll adapt them to the RP and post them in the next day or so.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Why only one character? It's not in the rules and I've got a good track record of writing multiple characters.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Caaause I said so (and Wolfy will agree) and Cilla is too young. This is going to be an 18+ RP. Sorry if that wasn't written in the initial rules, but we ask for one character and no animal/human followers. Thanks.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Then you should update the rules. "Because I said so" is never a good reason to deny an idea that goes against your rules. Especially when you amend them on the spot. That pisses me off. If she's too young that's disappointing but fair. I'll probably use just Alice and have her updated CC up tomorrow.

I'm not mad here, just pissed. I suggest you update the rules to avoid further confusion.

Dabiene Caristiana

I was about to ask that very thing.

Is there indeed a reason behind the 1 character rule? If it's due to keeping it clean and organized I can understand. Having more than 1 character can make someone feel like: "Ugh, I have to write not for 1 but two characters."

Which admittedly I have felt that a few times. But it's usually worth it and adds a bit more story. However with more than 1 characters interacting with multiple people, if one drops out there is more of a chance to have the story hang.

So with those reasons, I can understand. But yeah, it's best if you both let it be known first hand in big bold letters with an explaination.

EDIT: Wolfy beat me to it. Thanks for editing!

I'm debating having Dabiene or a new Battlemage Nord Gunnar, just for the purpose of this roleplay. I believe you said classes can be mixed but must be mostly a mage. (which makes sense due to the roleplay theme).

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    New rule looks good Wolf. Thank you. I'll make a final decision tomorrow.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Ok well... :rolleyes:
    I wasn't trying to be snippy.

I don't like people to have multiple characters for a number of reasons.
    It's confusing. Especially for those not as seasoned in Roleplaying as others.
    It's tedious. Reading through a massive post while your characters interact with each other.
    It's not fair. On other players who have not one but two characters to interact with.
    It gives you an unfair advantage over everyone else. In a situation that is thrown at you by the hosts, you already know how to react/interact with your two characters.
    There is also the possibility, as Dabs mentioned, of you dropping out and leaving a sizeable hole in the game. Again, not fair to the other players.
    We want you to be challenged in this RP while providing a level playing field for everyone. ]

you = generic RP'r using more than one character. Not anyone specific.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Solid reasons Kitty. I like to use multiple characters, sometimes in different places, to have multiple arcs to write for to compensate for when someone leaves. I still look forward to an RP that doesn't stop due to lack of interest or poor leadership. It has happened 100% of the time for me.

Dabiene Caristiana

Oy vey... Yeah, I think we've all had bad luck. Tomorrow I gotta get up early and drive my dad to the VA. Long day tomorrow. When I get back though I'll probably have a decision on who I'll have for a character.

Though if I do choose Dabiene I could have a new portrait/profile pic of her since I have enhanced graphics. That and the ability to take good pics! lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts