• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
TheEbonyWarrior.jpg

How tough is this supposed SOB named Ebony Warrior? My brother, who got the Dragonborn DLC and is rolling with an exploit free Lvl. 81 Rogue got killed when he encountered that assailant in master difficulty.

At first I thought that he was trolling me as I told him I'll be visiting him next week, prior to the Holidays. :D

Then I searched around and found these:
Dragonborn Adds Skyrim’s Toughest Enemy Yet | Kotaku Australia

Dragonborn DLC introduces toughest enemy to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Ebony Warrior - Neoseeker

Anyone encountered him yet? How is he tough as claimed by others posters in the other boards?

Tateanium

This is very interesting. Toughest enemy yet AFTER you kill the Antagonist in a new DLC also makes me LOL

Dawnseeker

Aidan, something tells me you are quite familiar with fortify restoration, dragonbone daggers, and sneak attacks. Fight him fairly, without obscene gear, before bragging about how easy the guy is.

Vraek

I managed to kill him, but he was hard, harder than I thought, I was expecting it to be another quest like the old orc wandering skyrim. He killed me the first time, since I was so unprepared, then again the second time, due to the fact that he hits like a truck and has a health absorbing weapon (at least he did for me), but, as they say, 3rd time lucky :) I am also exploit free btw

aussiegirlz

I'm not level 81 on any of my characters - but I watched my son take him down last night - he plays on master and took him out on his first go. Not sure why everyone is saying he is so hard unless you strip down to your underwear and a dagger to fight him o_O

Clau

The Fateless One
So my brother finally enacted his revenge. With the help of Sanguine's Rose. :D:p

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I haven't been that fortunate to come across the Ebony Warrior yet... :p But I have summoned the Frost Giant God of the Rieklings that killed me instantly... He is mega powerful, even on Novice!

Hes really hard i was like bah ebony i where dadric armor then he FUS RO DRed me and ran up to me and started stabbing me with his god damm ebony blade took me 6 goes to kill him.

Adam Warlock

i`m finding it difficult to generate some RP enthuiasm to fight this guy

"No more worthy foes ? Heard of a guy named Miraak ? Go fight HIM if you`re bored with your life !"

I`ve got Peerless level Daedric versions of all this piker`s gear and his loot has no interest to a Dovakin who has 1.5+ million septims.

As Blood-Kin, I felt sorry for the Old Orc who couldn`t follow the Code of Malacath without my help .

Couldn`t Bethesda have given me a better motivation to fight the EW with a threat of some sort rather than someone who just wants to commit suicide by Dovakin ?

better if he had just insulted me with a milkdrinker taunt or slapped me with a glove , something to make me angry.
My Dovakin has seen too much violence to desire fighting for fighting`s sake alone.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
When can you encounter the Ebony Warrior, and where? Does he only appear in Skyrim? Only after a certain level?

Adam Warlock

After you reach level 80+ he will seek you out and challenge you to meet him.

In my case , it was in Windhelm .

The area where you are to fight him is a secluded spot in eastern Skyrim that appears when the quest initiates

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
When can you encounter the Ebony Warrior, and where? Does he only appear in Skyrim? Only after a certain level?
He will come for you like a courier, and tell you to meet him somewhere.

Adam Warlock

***SPOILER***

EW is incredibly powerful and one of the rare opponents who can shout but his gear leaves some vulnerabilites that can be exploited.

What is causing a lot of overeager lvl 81 Dovakin to die when fighting him is that Reflect Blows perk from Heavy Armor he has.
If it operates in the same way as for the player , that means in every 5 attacks you make on him it`s a coin flip that the melee damage from one of your attacks will hit YOU.
So that incredibly powerful weapon you hold could be what takes you out

let`s say you want to fight him straight-up with similar but not "obscene" gear

i would try this method using pieces acquired in-game rather than crafted(would temper armor tho)

he has ebony outfit with 50% resistance to all elemental damage
With jewelry of Nullification from Radiant Raiment and Daedric Shield of Nullification from the Atronach Forge , you can have 66% Magic Resist. With Shield of Solitude 69%

he has ebony sword of the vampire , you likely have a daedric sword of the vampire.
i have one of each at this point.
i wouldn`t temper my blade b/c of the reflect blows

with this gear you get an advantage on each exchange of blows because his elemental resistance doesn`t reduce Absorb Health attacks but your magic resistance does

so for each exchange of blows with vampire swords he gets melee dmg + @8 absorb health and you get melee dmg(10% chance of reflect) and the full 25 absorb health
net result (without melee figured in) is that his health goes down 17 while yours goes up by that amount

wear Daedric boots of peerless stamina , armor of peerless health(or?) , idk which helmet (what do u think?)

add Marked for Death and a judicious amount of bash , slash , dodge

or dual-wield vampire swords if you`re into that sort of thing
net absorb reduces to 11 per exchange but faster strikes should make up the diff

it may take a while since he`s so heavily buffed and can heal but you should be able to whittle him down to size

rittz

I have an extremely difficult time believing that anyone could one-shot the ebony warrior in master mode. I fought him with my only level 81, who has archery, sneak, enchanting, and smithing. Believe me, her gear is obscene. I was on master. My sneak shot at him didn't even drop him to half his hp pool. I maybe shot a third out of his hp bar, but that's it.

For me, he was pretty gosh darn difficult to beat. I didn't need to try more than once, but I was carrying a lot of ultimate healing potions. What seemed to make it most difficult was that when the ebony warrior shouted at me and I had dragon aspect up, a sort of ethereal dragon aspect warrior would emerge and attack the ebony warrior with a two handed greataxe. The problem here occurred when the ethereal "dragon aspect warrior thing" disappeared; the ebony warrior would end up completely healed. -_- I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident or not.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I have an extremely difficult time believing that anyone could one-shot the ebony warrior in master mode. I fought him with my only level 81, who has archery, sneak, enchanting, and smithing. Believe me, her gear is obscene. I was on master. My sneak shot at him didn't even drop him to half his hp pool. I maybe shot a third out of his hp bar, but that's it.

For me, he was pretty gosh darn difficult to beat. I didn't need to try more than once, but I was carrying a lot of ultimate healing potions. What seemed to make it most difficult was that when the ebony warrior shouted at me and I had dragon aspect up, a sort of ethereal dragon aspect warrior would emerge and attack the ebony warrior with a two handed greataxe. The problem here occurred when the ethereal "dragon aspect warrior thing" disappeared; the ebony warrior would end up completely healed. -_- I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident or not.
After you kill him, check his armour, it has some pretty sweet enchants on it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts