Dwemer Research Notes | Series of the Dwarven Discovery

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

How would you rate this series? 1 being terrible, 10 being legendary.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Series Are Not Complete | They are approx. 10% completed
Dwemer Research Notes, Journal 1

Written by: Sparrow (Elder of Knowledge)

Starting before time, before the first era, the Dwemer thrived and blossomed throughout Skyrim. They were master craftsmen who forged buildings and built cities that still, thousands of years later, make the brothers and sisters of Skyrim awe over their beauty and size. They were expert mages and architects as well and had reached realms that none other than the gods themselves have yet to reach. They had crafted machinery that is still yet not understood by even the most educated scholars of today, and their creations still walk their ruins today... almost as if their masters are still walking the Dwemer ruins.

Now, the mystery that lives on today is the disappearance of the Dwemer. They had not died off according to first era scholars, but rather had vanished, all around Skyrim, at approximately the exact same time. This, has been the sole reason we have been researching for generations to understand the disappearance of the Dwemer, and understand if they were cast away by a god (or gods), or had magically warped themselves to another realm of some sort. Whichever, we here at Winterhold College have almost reached a breakthrough! But before I continue with the exciting details of this... priceless knowledge we've come across, I shall explain the life, culture, and ways of the Dwemer, and what we expect to experience when we reach them.

Dwemer Research Notes, Journal 2

The Dwemer were an Elven race who were frequently referred to as "Dwarves" in most of the western cultures. The Dwemer were indeed no shorter than your average human, and we have records from first era scholars that state the Dwemer nickname "Dwarves" was originated from a giant, who had found the Dwemer to be rather small in size.

From what we could find in books looted from the Dwemer ruins, and from studying a statue of a Dwemer wizard, we've come to conclude that the Dwemer were somewhat intelligent, and carried themselves with high opinions compared to the rest of the world. In fact, we've found in one of the books, that the Dwemer wielded such great power, and used such a powerful combination between technology and magic, that the Dwemer were feared by Dunmer, Nords, Redguards, and even the Daedra! Who would have known that a simple elf race, or even any mortal race for that matter, could have struck some sort of fear in the Daedra? This again, was answered in scholar notes. The notes proclaimed that the Dwemer were blasphemous, or showing extreme gross irrelevant acts towards divines, gods, or ones that are worshiped. The Dwemer had in fact challenged the power of the Et'Ada, or the Aedra and Daedra... the gods...

This led our researchers to come to two conclusions that we have yet to decide. Were the Dwemer so powerful that they somehow crafted their own plane of oblivion, or realm, and then teleported their people there... or did the gods themselves wreak havoc upon their civilization and leave nothing but their ruins to remind our world what happens to those whom challenge them? Either or, we are going to test out our first theory, and if that fails.. then only one will remain, and may the gods we praise.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
... almost as if their masters are still amongst the Dwemer ruins still.
This bit of your first post (last sentence of the first paragraph) is redundant. "Still amongst... still"

The Dwemer had in fact challenged the power of the Et'Ada, Aedra, Daedra, and even the gods...

And this sentence is an issue for me, as the Et'Ada refers to both the Aedra and the Daedra, and all three terms reference beings that are considered to be gods by the mortal races.

I apologize if I offend you in any way. I am simply attempting to give constructive criticism.
Those were the main two issues. There were some punctuation and grammar errors, as well. However, everyone has their own style of writing, so I will overlook those for the sake of knowing that my grammar isn't perfect, either.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
:)
Can't wait to read the rest, though!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts