Dungeon Command Tournament - Place Your Bets!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who will win, the Orcs(Grummsh) or the Goblin army?

• ORCS FTW!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • GOBLINS of course!

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Winner of Match 1 (Goblins vs Orcs): BLOOD OF GRUUMSH (orcs)

Thank you for voting, 2nd match will begin probably next week.

BLOOD OF GRUUMSH (Orcs)

-vs-

HEART OF CORMYR (Humans, Elves, and Dwarves)

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Will post all that info here shortly. Setting up the battlefield. There are 2 commanders. Some info prior to screenshots:
MORALE -- This I guess you could say is your hit points; once it reaches 0 your army "breaks" and you lose.

LEADERSHIP -- This is the size of your army so a Leadership of 9 means I could have as many creatures that equal or are lower than 9 levels (So a 5th level creature and a 4th Level creature for example). You'll see shortly :)

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
=====ROUND 0 -- Deployment Phase=====
A.0 Goblin Commander Snig starts with 6 Leadership -- deploys 2 Hobgoblin Soldiers (lv3 each; total is Level 6)

A.1 Snig refills his creature hand, back up to 5 (1 Cutter, 1 Wolf Rider) -- see pic "2." in orange.

B.0 Orc Commander Drogar starts with 7 Leadership -- deploys 1 Owlbear(lv4) and 1 Orc Druid(lv3) total is Level 7) -- you'll see in Turn 2 (Orcs).

B.1 Drogar refills his creature hand, back up to 3 (2 Orc Drudges) -- see pic "4." in green.

=====ROUND 1 -- TURN 1 (Goblins)=====
At long last the battle begins... on the field rolls out the Goblin Commander, Snig the Axe with his army...

REFRESH PHASE
Resolve start-of-turn effects, untap your creatuures, and draw 1 order card.

0. Snig draws 1 Order Card (another 'Strength in Numbers' I shouldn't need another screenshot for that. Just see Order cards (above) for a screeny.

ACTIVATE PHASE
Activate your creatures, one at a time, in any order you choose.

1. Snig commands his Hobgoblin Soldiers to move (refer to "1." on the images (in red), each have a speed of 6; one soldier moves only 5 spaces due to difficult terrain (which takes up 2 movement).

DEPLOY PHASE
Increase Leadership by 1 and place new creatures on the battlefield.

2. Snig places 1 Goblin Cutter (lv1) total level of creatures on field is now 7 (Leadership is also 7; max has been reached).

CLEANUP PHASE
Resolve end-of-turn effects, draw back up to your Creature hand size, and untap your creatures.

3. Snig draws 1 creature (another Goblin Cutter(lv1)... yay :p)

=== END OF TURN 1 (Goblins) ===
20150625_122843_zps0divq1dz.jpg

20150625_122924_zpsphyau6uo.jpg

20150625_122948_zps3vab1zrx.jpg

=====ROUND 1 -- TURN 2 (Orcs)=====
The Orc Commander, Drogar responds to the goblin threat by deploying his own armies to quickly deal with the invader.

REFRESH PHASE

0. Drogar draws 1 Order Card (another 'Unexected Resistance' I shouldn't need another screenshot for that. Just see Order cards (above) for a screeny.

ACTIVATE PHASE

1. Drogar commands his Owlbear and Orc Druid to move west (left) as far as they can go for the time being. Next round, the Orc Drudge (in deployment area) will move toward the treasure while the others possibly face off the enemy in combat! (See "6." white, in images).

DEPLOY PHASE

2. Drogar places 1 Orc Drudge (lv1) total level of creatures on field is now 8 (Leadership is also 8; max has been reached). (see "4." green, in images)

CLEANUP PHASE
Resolve end-of-turn effects, draw back up to your Creature hand size, and untap your creatures.

3. Drogar draws 1 creature (Orc Cleric of Gruumsh -- See "5." blue, in image)

=== END OF TURN 2 (Orcs) ===
orcs1_zpswsxhsecr.jpg

orcs2_zpsndeto9qn.jpg

orcs3_zpsasgnrxgr.jpg

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Oops.. number "3." was supposed to mean the starting creature cards but didn't mention that :\
-----
Do get your votes in before Round 3. Will only be doing 1 round a day to give the audience ample time to vote and whatnot. ^_^

END OF ROUND 1 BATTLEFIELD:
finalfield1_zps63y9ol8l.jpg

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
=====ROUND 2 -- TURN 1 (Goblins)=====
Snig advances his army to reap the golden rewards to prepare for the upcoming slaughter of his orc foes!

REFRESH PHASE

0. Snig draws 1 Order Card ('Shattered Weapon', screenshot included)

ACTIVATE PHASE

1. Snig commands his Hobgoblin Soldiers to move, each have a speed of 6; both grabbing treasure for their Actions (+1 Morale each for a total of +2 Morale == The goblin army's total Morale is now at [16]). The Cutter just moves over 6 squares. -- Refer to "1." (RED) on the screenshots

DEPLOY PHASE

2. Snig places 1 more Goblin Cutter (lv1) total level of creatures on field is now 8 (Leadership is also 8; max has been reached). -- Refer to "D" for Deployed... not the other thing >.> (ORANGE) on the screenshot

CLEANUP PHASE

3. Snig draws 1 creature (Goblin Champion(lv3) included screenshot) -- "3." (YELLOW)

=== END OF TURN 1 (Goblins) ===
20150625_141624_zpsabumftq4.jpg

20150625_142057_zps3ha0zymo.jpg

20150625_141953_zpshtwf5qjc.jpg

=====ROUND 2 -- TURN 2 (Orcs)=====
Drogar advances his army out, gathering treasure and scouting the battlefield for his foe...

REFRESH PHASE

0. Drogar draws 1 Order Card ('Turn Undead', screenshot included)

ACTIVATE PHASE

1. Drogar has his Owlbear move and take 1 treasure (+1 Morale) for its Action; the Orc Druid moves up 6 spaces; The Orc Drudge moves west(left) 6 spaces -- Refer to "6." (WHITE) on the screenshots

DEPLOY PHASE

2. Drogar places 1 more Orc Drudge (lv1) total level of creatures on field is now 9 (Leadership is also 9; max has been reached). -- Refer to "4." (GREEN) in screenshots

CLEANUP PHASE

3. Drogar draws 1 creature (another 'Orc Chieftan(lv5)' -- Refer to "5." (BLUE) in screenshots

=== END OF TURN 2 (Orcs) ===
20150625_142134_zpshsvxkmb5.jpg

5_MoveOrcs_zpsbns5yf1f.jpg

20150625_180302_zpsddfmfh8b.jpg

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
=====ROUND 3 -- TURN 1 (Goblins)=====
Snig continues to gather resources for his army, getting ready for the initial attack...

=====ROUND 3 -- TURN 2 (Orcs)=====
Drogar is ready, advancing his troops forward for the push; ready to meet the goblins in battle...

20150625_184558_zpst7rndowy.jpg

ROUND3_movement_zps3qol9f7h.jpg

Last edited:

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
=====ROUND 4 -- TURN 1 (Goblins)=====
Snig advances his army for the attack; the goblins get FIRST BLOOD!

1_DrawOrder_zpsgzpa1swk.jpg

Combat_2_zpsgnqqmf5r.jpg

Combat_1_zpsyngpdg4k.jpg

Combat_3_zps6wx3z6am.jpg

3_Attach_zpsurffjhzx.jpg

ROUND4_movement_zpswvhqnw3y.jpg

=====ROUND 4 -- TURN 2 (Orcs)=====
To be continued...

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
@dunklunk yeah I know... it's a board game(obviously) with 5 sets. Tyranny of Goblins, Blood of Gruumsh, Heart of Cormyr, Sting of Lolth, and Curse of Undeath. Pretty much Dungeons & Dragons (PvP). You pit monsters versus other player's monsters, and you can customize your "Warband" but I'm just bored and was wanting to do this tournament once I got the board games...

So I thought why not do the tournament and share it with others... because I was bored ^_^

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Bored or no, Bloodwitch, it kinda fits in the same genre as Skyrim. I still think it's way cool. So who won? I'm going with the Goblins. If only, y'know, shuffles feet, cuz of the Green Goblin from Spider-Man. Oh wait, I see it's to be continued.

Go Goblins Go! Go Goblins Go! :D <<<Not an accident that his face is green. . . .

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Well I have 2 games running at the same time (only 1 of each board so kinda ... going doing 1 set for a bit and then the other. this set, so far goblins are in the lead. other set it's kind of a tie but the orcs have the greater strength (so far).

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
This game will still resume in a bit; finishing up another series using the same sets. I think dunklunk, you'd be happy to know the goblins are about to make a serious blow in the 2nd game :p

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Well that's a vague question :p The "Games" I'm playing 2. One for a video series, and 1 for here. But since i only have 1 box of goblins and 1 box of orcs, using the same table; I'm doing the video series first, and then will go back and finish this one (instead of going back and forth the whole time).

As for how many Dungeon Command games are there; "5".
1. Tyranny of Goblins
2. Blood of Gruumsh
3. Heart of Cormyr
4. Sting of Lolth
5. Curse of Undeath

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Well here's some news for the other game: It was a really close battle, but the Orcs won, with 8 Morale remaining. Sorry dunk. Maybe they'll have better luck on this one.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
BATTLE REPORT
I regret to inform you, that I will be ending this series pre-maturely as I improperly made this, doing it twice for both forums and youtube so..... from now on I'm going to do them both in tangent; however for ease of use, I'm going to do future games like this, in Battle Reports. I will give a short paragraph description in a role-play like scenario followed by 1 screenshot of the current situation on the board. Keeping them nice and simple :p

Winner of Match 1 (Goblins vs Orcs): BLOOD OF GRUUMSH (orcs)

So congrats to those who voted for the Orcs. Next match will be BLOOD OF GRUUMSH (orcs) vs HEART OF CORMYR (humans, elves, dwarves). The Orcs will get to go first, being the winners of last round. 1st Thread will be updated here shortly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts