• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jeruhmi

So to get "ownership" of a dragon would you have to complete a big quest or something? Having a dragon which you can call and have it help you fight off enemies sounds cool!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
What I would like to know whether there are moral choices that involve dragons. I know, I know, Alduin wants to devour the world but isn’t it still kind of sad to exterminate these majestic (albeit terrifying) creatures? Since they seem to be sentient you might be able to make some kind of deal.

Tusck

It's hard to tell what I would do if you had a choice to kill the dragons or not without knowing the story of why they are tearing things up. It would make a difference to me, except if you couldn't get the warcries unless you killed them. Then they would have to die. I guess I'll wait and see.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
It would probably have benefits of its own or else most players wouldn’t bother. Kinda like with the little sisters in Bioshock. Perhaps they could gift you some of their soul once you defeated them xD ?

Tusck

Yeah Bioshock was what I was thinking. Maybe sparing it's life they would depart wisdom to you which gives you the same amount of life force but you might also get some added lore as well. I'm sure Hex would like that. If you kill it, you miss out on the lore, but maybe you get a tooth that you can craft with, like for a necklace or on a shield or possible daggers.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Seems like a fair trade-off. Especially that knowledge could give you hints at secret quests/locations. Also, wouldn’t it be cool if behaving like that would unlock a different ending (like in Bioshock)?

Tusck

That what I was thinking. You already know you get treasure maps, so many you get knowledge of a small horde, or possible a legendary weapons. I also read that bsaed on your decisions, parts of the game are cut off from you. So it's reasonable to think that if you save this dragon, you get this awesome sword, but if you kill him, you never can. Also, if you save him, your dragon screams are not as powerful. A true decision must be made.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Not as powerful? No, I think that goes too far and is too much of a trade-off. Less “souls” (i.e. more dragon defeats required) sounds like the fairer approach.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
As far as I know there will be infinite dragons.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
But nothing so ridiculous to the point that I have to 'grind' or 'farm' for dragons.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Errr ... dragons are supposed to be the closest thing to boss fights in Skyrim. Having to “grind / farm” them like regular mobs seems to work to the detriment of that notion.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I can't see how intelligence and dragons fit together in Skyrim. Dragons pillage towns, they eat cattle, and supposedly devour NPCs and player as a dessert. That's it. On that basis dragons don't seem to be nothing but oversized wolves with scales all over.

Some of you guys are right, I come from BG2 camp. And I still do have a lot of love towards Sir Jierdan.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
That's just one of the things we'll find out on 11.11.11

New age theorists are quite loony about that date and are interpreting all kinds of stuff. I think they just got it wrong, and didn't realise it was a prophecy about Skyrim's release date. lol

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I can't see how intelligence and dragons fit together in Skyrim.
Dude, they can talk and write. That requires a far higher intelligent than any animal possess. How much more proof do you need? I don’t even see what the actions you mentioned have to do with dragons. Humans rob, eat and murder as well. So what?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts