• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

IndigoBanshee

Dragons seem like they are going to be a central aspect of the game. What are you expecting from them? Do you think they'll be worth as much as the hype, or kinda meh?

Personally, I'm wondering about the non-hostile dragons and what we'll be able to do with them. I haven't read a whole lot on it yet, but I'm hoping it's more than just have basic conversations to get the shouts.

Hellfire

I am expecting roars, roars and more bloody roars....when im done with them i mean ;p but seriously i think dragons arent gonna be as easy to kill as seen in gameplay, i hope thats true cause i hate easy kills, hardcore mode ftw!! Hell ya

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Dragon shouts looks awesome. Have you seen the gameplay demo where the dragon is killed? It plunges down from the skies and creates a huge dust trail as it slides across the ground! :p

Tri-edge

The dragons look so easy in the demo But that might have been coz the character level on the demo was over 25 and the Dragons might have been a lower level but i still hope they are heaps strong :) cant wait fo Bash their Heads in with my axe on slice them with my Dual Blades :)

Babb

Well the thing about the demo is... they don't really show much of the fight and he may have the difficulty scaled down just so the fight didn't last like 30 min lol XD

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Fighting dragon looks pretty awesome and it's a very nice replacement of oblivion gates. Personally, I was bored closing the oblivion gates in the previous games. Also, the reward wasn't all that great either. But since they have this whole dragon shouts, it's definitely something to look forward to. I just hope it doesn't become tedious and mundane as game progresses though. First time dragon fighting might be cool but after like 15th time, it might get a bit annoying. We'll see how it goes on 11/11/11

Babb

haha hex you have got a point there ^

but yeah TRI I plan on playing with the difficulty right in the center when I first start out, just so there is a challenge but I am not dying on everything I fight lol.

Tri-edge

It MIGHT get abit boring after a wile but it still should be fun they are un scripted so they can come at any time dosent that give you a sense to excitement , thinking when you walk out into the world of skyrim you might encounter a Dragon and have a fearsome battle. That is the aspect that makes me want to play it more :

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Well from what I've heard, they sound quite random and unpredictable.. which excites me a lot. Because meeting one seems to be both by complete chance, and rare.. so I may go dragon hunting. :D And if their actions are difficult to predict, that provides all the more challenge..

I'm sure it'll be quite a while before the game gets boring, but by then there will be some decent mod support to make the game more interesting. ;)

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Yeah they are, they're not scripted.. so you don't know when will fly over head, or what attack they'll do, or anything really. xD I think it looks pretty cool when they crash as well..

Ratto

I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon
I've read somewhere that dragons are the most intelligent NPCs and are really hard-to-kill foes. I'm only whoried about the melee action against a dragon, and I hope isn't a ugly scene :/

Steve House

Yep, Dragons are completely un-scripted and can do what they want , when they want. I've read that they will even attack towns and you'll be asked to help the town to fight it off. There will be a shout that you can learn later in the game that will summon a dragon to help you fight!! I've read that there are some Dragons you can talk to as well. Probably get some quests from dragons that you can talk to..at least I hope so lol. Overall I think that the dragons will definitely make the game so much better then the previous ES games. They'll be random and come swooping in on you when you least expect it or maybe once you just exited a cave that had a major boss battle, therefor giving you another hard challenge you need to overcome just moments after completing the last one. It's going to really exciting and you can bet your arse that I'll be watching the skies so that I can be ready for their arial sneek attacks lol.

Stonkey

I'm not sure how dragons are going to work out in an ES game. The combat in the previous ones has been less that stellar (even though I love the games). It will be interesting to see how fighting them goes. I'd like to ride one as well.

Jeruhmi

Yep, Dragons are completely un-scripted and can do what they want , when they want. I've read that they will even attack towns and you'll be asked to help the town to fight it off. There will be a shout that you can learn later in the game that will summon a dragon to help you fight!! I've read that there are some Dragons you can talk to as well. Probably get some quests from dragons that you can talk to..at least I hope so lol. Overall I think that the dragons will definitely make the game so much better then the previous ES games. They'll be random and come swooping in on you when you least expect it or maybe once you just exited a cave that had a major boss battle, therefor giving you another hard challenge you need to overcome just moments after completing the last one. It's going to really exciting and you can bet your arse that I'll be watching the skies so that I can be ready for their arial sneek attacks lol.
Oh that would be awesome if we could help fight them with other NPCs, not just ourselves!

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it was revealed that you can have your own dragon and call it whenever and wherever you want to attack another Dragon or just fend off enemies. :)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, it was revealed that you can have your own dragon and call it whenever and wherever you want to attack another Dragon or just fend off enemies. :)
whaat. you don't 'own' a dragon, a dragon swears allegiance to you! it's man to dragon bromanceship. hell yeah! it would be sweet if it lets you ride on it :0 maybe...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts