Spoiler Dragonborn: How did you defeat Miraak?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I found getting to Miraak ( all the black books , etc ) was harder then the final battle . Killing him was so easy , next time I will move game setting to Expert or even Master . I should add that I'm geared up pretty good . I fought him on adept and was like ....Thats it ?? :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me. I figured the ash spawn were handing me my ass bad enough, Miraak should be tough as nails...

My next playthrough was on Expert and I bumped it up to Master for the fight and it was pretty rough. IIRC, I had to use Slow Time and some hard hitting poison arrows to take him down. I don't even know if the poison was working. I highly recommend bumping up the settings for him.

Garkimus

I just killed Miraak on my second character last night; Hrehvish is a sniper archetype, so naturally I shot him to plops. It was interesting on Legendary, though; he was far from easy. Probably the hardest fight thus far, besides the Ebony Warrior. That paralysis kicked my ass, until I decided to sneak shot him to start the fight off. Anyways, Miraak; every time the dragons come down and he heals himself, I'd take myself into a corner of the platform and re-sneak, so I could get a sneak shot off on him before he inevitably saw me. Took a few mins to take him down before Herma-Mora came and tentacle raped him clear out of the picture.

Chadonraz

I've only fought him twice, and the first time was on Novice... so let's just say that one was a piece of cake. xD

A couple days ago I did it for "real", on Adept:

Level: 72
Race: Nord
Name: Annika
Left hand: Shield of Solitude
Right hand: Dragonbone sword (unenchanted, but Legendary)

I started with Dragon Aspect (because that's what Miraak did :p), and then just utilized my usual strategy: tanking. My magic resistance and AR were as capped as could be, plus I had the "Block Runner" and "Conditioning" perks so I could easily keep up with his Whirlwind Sprinting. I was taking next to no damage.
I also conjured my awesome Wrathman, just because I love using him.

All in all, I used a grand total of zero potions and had no trouble whatsoever. Should've bumped the difficulty up to Master, or at least Expert.

Bending Sahrotaar's will (I missed the first time, and had to wait) and getting to Miraak was a lot harder than the boss fight.

That entire quest was a cakewalk, because I'd already visited that Black Book, and gotten the Word of Power. I was transported straight to Sahrotaar. :rolleyes: :D

Wildroses

I just managed to finish it now I've fixed that stupid bug which had the dragon fly away while leaving me astride in mid air.

Level 45, Master, all points in health, a stack of magic potions, four health potions, only the lowest level restoration healing spell, and a realistic needs mod installed which had me experiencing various nerfs because I was exhausted as it took me about 13 in game hours just to get to Miraak.

Pretty rapidly I realised that I was in serious trouble having so very few healing potions. I ran behind the nearest shelter I could find. Every now and again I would jump out and take a few shots at Miraak as that character had 100 and all perks in Archery. It was going extremely well and Miraak took a lot of damage. Then the jerk summoned a dragon to soul rip himself back to full health. I actually screamed: "WHAT?!" at my monitor.

I was down to two health potions by that stage and decided to change my strategy, figuring that eventually he had to run out of dragons. Whenever Miraak managed to hit me, he hit hard thanks to Master and because most of the cover was near water I would occasionally step in and take a serious hit, so I decided that I'd better use up all my magic potions to focus on healing.

Healing yourself at higher levels to full health with the novice healing spell equipped takes a very long time. I soon used up all my magic potions and had to wait for my magic to regenerate naturally. I spent way more time playing hide and seek around cover with Miraak than I did actually fighting him. That white quest arrow was a life saver. I could see what direction he was going in and make sure I dodged the other way behind my cover. Two or three times Miraak figured out how to run around a big pile of books and I had to run to a new set of cover. They were when I had to use my last health potions.

In the end, my strategy was this:
1) Spend ages playing hide and seek with Miraak while hoping he doesn't figure out how to run behind my shelter until you have healed yourself fully.
2) Pull out bow. Run to edge of shelter and wait for Miraak to come into view.
3) Fire one shot at Miraak then dodge behind shelter to avoid too much damage from his attacks.
4) Repeat step three until you slip to three quarter or one half health.
5) Start playing hide and seek while healing yourself again.

I did this until Hermy stepped in without dying once, which astonished me.

Quite frankly, I have no regrets about my inglorious victory. I'm not going to forget Miraak saying: "You are strong, stronger than I believed possible!" as I dodged and ducked while frantically trying to heal myself using the lowest restoration spell in existence. At the start of the fight Miraak said to me: "Hermaeus Mora is probably laughing at us." I'm sure he was, Miraak, I'm sure he was.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Quite frankly, I have no regrets about my inglorious victory. I'm not going to forget Miraak saying: "You are strong, stronger than I believed possible!" as I dodged and ducked while frantically trying to heal myself using the lowest restoration spell in existence. At the start of the fight Miraak said to me: "Hermaeus Mora is probably laughing at us." I'm sure he was, Miraak, I'm sure he was.

No such thing as an inglorious victory in my opinion. Well done.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Miraak... So much talk and posturing; appearing from thin air to steal the souls of dragons that were rightfully mine, then vanishing like a mudcrab in the reeds. Miraak, hiding from his destiny amidst infinite volumes of books tended by tentacled giants and sadistic floating librarians, mocking me. I rode to Miraak, in true Dragonborn fashion, on the back of a dragon. For all of the shock and fear he must've been feeling upon seeing me, he remained surprisingly calm. More talk... he blathered on about the first Dragonborn killing the last. Krosus; how the spinners of fate must've laughted! I ignited my dragon aspect. Miraak did the same. We shouted ancient obscenities at each other. The very air quaked. Miraak tried to use lightning against me, but I'd faced worse from Zhakriisos. He then met me in melee combat, but that was not to be. My mace, Ale Smasher, smashed and bludgeoned while Miraak staggered back. In defense he launched an arc of toxic noodles at me. This, I cannot wait to tell to Ysgrammor in Sovngarde, who's shield protected me from the worst of it. The obscene wriggling mass caused me to lose my footing, which enraged me further. Miraak was overmatched and out of options. He began sacrificing his dragon followers just to stay alive, and that would be the final, cowardly act in the legacy of Miraak. Hermaeus Mora could stand it no longer, and so ended the battle, as you all surely know.

Kohlar the Unkilled
Nord, level (at the time, about 40-41)
Stalhrim set with ancient nord helmet, shield of Ysgramor, Stalhrim mace, (the feared Ale Smasher)
Difficulty: expert
Potions used: 2 or 3 vigorous stamina, 1 potion of ultimate healing.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I enchanted a pair of gloves with the Pugilist enchanting effect and I killed him with my fist, hit by hit. The very first time I faced him, I used my magic and dagger and he used the Become Ethereal Shout forever ... so I decided to change my strategy and since then, I only use my fist. It should not be like that but unfortunately, I think that fight is glitched.

Hidde

Drunk Archer
On my first character I beat him with Archery, on my Mage/Greybeard guy I defeated him with the exact same fighting style as Miraak :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I was about level 60ish, I used Dragon aspect, alternated between my dwarven crossbow and deadric sword. I actually found the fight to be not as hard as I thought it would be, and when it was over I panicked for a second, thinking I had done it on a super easy level or something. But when I checked it was set on Master. Guess I just owned it.. haha.. It did piss me off when he killed his dragons though.. Oh and I took some happy-snaps after and Miraak's skeleton had half flesh/half bony feet. It was way creepy.

Dmarie

I've only fought him twice, and the first time was on Novice... so let's just say that one was a piece of cake. xD

A couple days ago I did it for "real", on Adept:

Level: 72
Race: Nord
Name: Annika
Left hand: Shield of Solitude
Right hand: Dragonbone sword (unenchanted, but Legendary)

I started with Dragon Aspect (because that's what Miraak did :p), and then just utilized my usual strategy: tanking. My magic resistance and AR were as capped as could be, plus I had the "Block Runner" and "Conditioning" perks so I could easily keep up with his Whirlwind Sprinting. I was taking next to no damage.
I also conjured my awesome Wrathman, just because I love using him.

All in all, I used a grand total of zero potions and had no trouble whatsoever. Should've bumped the difficulty up to Master, or at least Expert.

Bending Sahrotaar's will (I missed the first time, and had to wait) and getting to Miraak was a lot harder than the boss fight.

That entire quest was a cakewalk, because I'd already visited that Black Book, and gotten the Word of Power. I was transported straight to Sahrotaar. :rolleyes: :D

I am having a terrible time getting Sahrotaar to bend to my will. I save just before he lands and cannot get him to
not kill me. Help.

Tman2177

Name: Revan
Race: High Elf
Class: stealth/archer
Weapons: Bow, sword, spells, shouts
Level: Unknown

I don't really remember my first enounter with Mirrak. I only remember that I had defeated Alduin long before I had acquired the DLC. I was at a high level at the time, probably over 140(thanks to legendary skills :D). The fight was annoying yet I won fairly easily as I had most of my skills close to 100 long before I started the DLC. The thing that buggered me was how he kept using those dragons to heal himself. Reminded me of the final boss fight with Malak in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. But besides that, I tried my bow first, found that it wasn't going to be useful because Miraak kept charging at me. So when I switched to my sword/magical attack strategy, that seemed to work out best. Of course, I unleashed some dragon shouts of my own against Miraak; such as Unrelenting Force, Marked for Death, Drain Vitality, and Frost Form. All of my tactics combined allowed me to take down Mirrak within 5-8 minutes. It was a good fight and I really did enjoy the DLC. The only thing I would like to have added is the ability to actually walk around Morrowind and to visit the Red Mountain instead of being confined to the Island of Solstheim.

Tman2177

I enchanted a pair of gloves with the Pugilist enchanting effect and I killed him with my fist, hit by hit. The very first time I faced him, I used my magic and dagger and he used the Become Ethereal Shout forever ... so I decided to change my strategy and since then, I only use my fist. It should not be like that but unfortunately, I think that fight is glitched.

I also think the fight is glitched because when I went to fight him with my secondary character, he did the same thing. We fought first like normal then when he sacrificed the first dragon, he used whirlwind sprint to sprint into one of those tentacle pools and used become ethereal for ever. I couldn't complete the fight so I had to abandon the pursuit of completing that quest line. I defeated Alduin before battling Miraak, but I think I may have traveled to Solstheim before defeating him. That may be a cause of it. Encounters with Mirrak before defeating Alduin then killing Alduin before killing Miraak. I'm not sure, but it seems to fit from my experience. So if you want to fight Mirrak after killing Alduin, stay clear of Solstheim until you kill him otherwise, you may end up with a glitched quest as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts