Spoiler Dragonborn: How did you defeat Miraak?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brina

[DELETE]

Last edited:

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I was playing through Dragonborn with my Bosmer archer, whose strategy pretty much relies on sneak attack bonuses with her bow, or, if something gets too close to her, rapid-fire dual dagger swinging with the help of Elemental Fury.

Unfortunately, neither of these things really worked with Miraak. It was nigh impossible to hide in an open-air arena with a couple of dragons flying overhead, and every time I tried to get close to Miraak to unleash the dagger fury, he would quickly back away or Whirlwind Sprint away. I had to drink a healing potion about once every twenty seconds, and the large cache I went in with did not last long at all. I had to reload probably fifteen or twenty times before I managed to find a strategy that worked.

It hinged on invisibility potions - which I also, luckily, had a good cache of. I would snipe Miraak from afar, then run behind one of the pillars, take an invisibility potion, relocate to another pillar so Miraak and the dragons didn't know where I was, and wait until I was hidden before shooting him again. I believe I also had a few opportunities to slice-and-dice up close, with the aid of the strongest magic resistance potions I had. As you can imagine, this took a very long time, but I was eventually victorious.

AS88

Staff member
I was mighty clever and used Dragon Aspect and the shout to call Hakon One-Eye into battle with me (Call Of Valour, I think). I was about level 45-50, and playing a warrior using full Stalhrim gear, Greatsword and Full Heavy Armour all smithed to first-level Legendary (basically, I was doing about 150 dmg and hit the armour cap).

I let Hakon take a bit of a beating for a few seconds until I realised how things were going to work, then did the great critical charge thing to land big staggering blows so Hakon could do his thing, and keep Miraak's attention away from me. Hakon dropped to a knee a couple of times, leaving me to go toe to toe with Miraak, but I used a mixture of Become Ethereal, Unrelenting Force and Slow Time to give me chance to land blows and dodge his most powerful attacks until Hakon came back to help.

I used a few healing and stamina potions towards the end, but eventually I overcame :) I managed it on my first attempt, on Expert :p I definitely would've struggled had I not thought of using Hakon, though

Ivory

Let's Player
For my main dragonborn, lvl 25 at the time:

Hircine's Ring
Savoir's Hide
Forsworn Gauntlets/Boots/Bow
Blackguard's Hood
Nordic Sword
Hide Shield.

As soon as the battle started, I used whirlwind sprint (level 1) to hide behind a pillar of books while Miraak used Dragon Aspect. From there, I fired off several arrows and again, would dodge his shouts with the same shout or duck behind the books. When he'd use the staff, I'd use Become Ethereal (level 1). Once he was low, I'd sprint up to him, smack him with my Hide Shield several times until my shout charge was up and use elemental fury and barrage him with attacks from my Nordic Sword. This was round one. When he killed his first dragon, I repeated the arrow stuff, but this time I used Slow Time (level 1) to avoid his shouts. Since the arrow thing wasn't as affective I would attack him with my blade over and over, timing it just right to stop his shouts with my shield. Coupled with Magicka poisons (Bought over 15 potent ones) He had no choice but to use his Sword. Round 2 done. When he killed the second dragon, I used a flurry of both techniques as the first and second rounds. I had to keep my distance because his shouts became way too frequent and way too dangerous. Arrows provided plenty of damage and with the Potent Magicka poisons I was able to force him to use that pitiful staff.

Final Round kicked in when all dragons were dead and I used Dragon Aspect (Level 3) and ran at him with Elemental Fury fully active, and two Nordic Swords in both hands (liek a baws) and with them dripping in poisons of Health and Magicka, Philters of Frost, Fire and Shock resistance coupled with a Philter of Magic resistance and Philters of the Warrior, Light armor (can't remember the name). He went down pretty damned hard.

And just for funsies, Magicka was 100, Health 200, Stamina had the rest. I had to keep moving or I'd be dead in a few minimal hits.

DancingDragonite

Level: 49.
Race: Nord.
Name: Joe (Not an RP character, just one I play for fun)
Left hand: Daedric Shield.
Right hand: Dragonbone Sword/Dragonbone Bow.

When the fight began I immediately used the Dragon Aspect shout (It's become a personal favourite of mine) stayed at a distance firing arrows at him to avoid those damn tentacles. I wasn't too fussed about the dragons as they seemed to just be flying overhead at the time, however when I knocked a big chunk of Miraaks health off, one of the dragons landed and was killed by Miraak. I was annoyed at the fact he had restored his health but in a way relieved that there was one less dragon.

This process repeated itself until there were no more dragons left (RIP black snake-like dragon-thing that let me ride on it) Miraak had about a quater of his health left when I was in and spammed by sword, eventually killing him.

Fishmann

I was level 81 with full legendary daedric armor and a enchanted daedric great sword, so I killed him in about 5 hits.lol

First time I played through DB, I already had a level 81 character ready. Apparently, I was killing him too quickly, and he glitched on me. It took me a few tries, but I managed to kill him with little to no power attacks (finally). My last battle with him with patch 1.9 on legendary, I raised my character's level past 81 and defeated him with a pick axe. Yep, it took like half an hour of hack and slash, but he finally went down. Of course, I had to use Dremora Lords to distract him, so I'm not taking 100% of his hits all the time. Thankfully, he concentrated on my summons and I have a decent amount of magic resistance.

Falmer19

Level 18 Bosmer
Normal Crossbow
Dawnguard War axe
Full chitin armor

Lets just say it was incredibly difficult even on adept

jACK_THE_LAD

A dead simple way to beat him if your character is a wuss like mine, is to use the Staff of Sanguine Rose to summon a Dremora for 60 seconds, while you lurk behind a book pile with plenty of healing potions to hand in case you get any of the fall out from the ferocious battle being waged on your behalf. Each time Miraak dispatches your guy just rinse and repeat. Keep this up for about 10 repetitions or so while Miraak keeps killing Dragons and eventually HM will take over and kill Miraak for you. Not very courageous or skillful but effective!

Hello ... :) I was wondering where to ask this , and this seems to be a good thread , as it has a spoiler warning up already . I was wondering how much health Miraak has ??? I'm geared to the max with + 565 Bow damage , + 36 fire and 36 shock. lvl 64 Bosmer thief , all skyrim weapon's and Dragon scale armor . So...... I'm ready to meet Miraak . " Queston " I checked my game setting and it has auto set at Adept lvl . I have 1 shot every creature so far with my Bow, should I raise the lvl to Expert , ???? I don't want Miraak to glitch and go into a locked safe mode as I have read from other ' s who have had to deal with this To much gear thing . I apologize if this Question is in wrong posting area . Thanks any Info would be appreciated.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
On my last "Gidian" run I did, I was planning on retiring him, until I got Dragonborn.

Name:Gidian
Level: 81
Race: Nord
Left Hand: Soulrend
Right Hand: Bloodrend

Armour: Full Deathbrand

As you can imagine, it wasn't too challenging. I will never forgive Bethesda for making this boss with an epic voice and personality and bravado, and then just make him weaksauce easy for me. I'm sure I could've made it harder for myself, or done it with a lower level, but the fact that it didn't retain a challenge up to max level infuriated me. Just my personal opinion.

As for the fight, I'm sure you can guess what happened... I will send a lower level character through the game at some point, and pray that it is more epic.

Staff member
Hello ... :) I was wondering where to ask this , and this seems to be a good thread , as it has a spoiler warning up already . I was wondering how much health Miraak has ??? I'm geared to the max with + 525 Bow damage , + 36 fire and 36 shock. lvl 64 Bosmer thief , all skyrim weapon's and Dragon scale armor . So...... I'm ready to meet Miraak . " Queston " I checked my game setting and it has auto set at Adept lvl . I have 1 shot every creature so far with my Bow, should I raise the lvl to Expert , ???? I don't want Miraak to glitch and go into a locked safe mode as I have read from other ' s who have had to deal with this To much gear thing . I apologize if this Question is in wrong posting area . Thanks any Info would be appreciated.
You should definitely raise the difficulty. The extra challenge will make it so much more epic and awesome, and it will keep you from being disappointed.

Hello ... :) I was wondering where to ask this , and this seems to be a good thread , as it has a spoiler warning up already . I was wondering how much health Miraak has ??? I'm geared to the max with + 525 Bow damage , + 36 fire and 36 shock. lvl 64 Bosmer thief , all skyrim weapon's and Dragon scale armor . So...... I'm ready to meet Miraak . " Queston " I checked my game setting and it has auto set at Adept lvl . I have 1 shot every creature so far with my Bow, should I raise the lvl to Expert , ???? I don't want Miraak to glitch and go into a locked safe mode as I have read from other ' s who have had to deal with this To much gear thing . I apologize if this Question is in wrong posting area . Thanks any Info would be appreciated.
You should definitely raise the difficulty. The extra challenge will make it so much more epic and awesome, and it will keep you from being disappointed.

Thank you, really appreciate the good responce , and your sharing your knowledge with me . :)

Staff member

Thank you, really appreciate the good responce , and your sharing your knowledge with me . :)
No problem. Imo it's better to err on the side of "too difficult" before you make it too easy.

Well I did the deed . At LVL 64 Bosmer thief / " bow expert " ( Which I never used ) I fought Miraak on Game setting Adept ( It was my 1st time ) ...... I gave Miraak the first 2 hit's on me , I Healed , then went Dragon Aspect , called on spectral warrior, and beat him to death with my sword in 2 min . I'm kinda like OK Is that it ??? Next time I will for sure move to Expert lvl or higher Like Gidian advised me to do. I let him hit me first which I thought would make it harder but it was to easy o_O

With my Imperial battlemage I immediately used Dragon Aspect quickly followed by my highest level flesh spell (pretty sure it was Ebonyflesh). Dodging Miraak's shouts I summoned my Wrathman and let him take the full brunt of Miraak's attacks while I hit him with frost magic from the side. Fortunately when he managed to land a good enough hit on me I still had either my Wrathman or the ancient dragonborn to keep him occupied while I chugged a few potions. I only engaged him in physical combat with my sword whenever he pulled out his staff so he wouldn't constantly stagger me. Once I reduced his health to the point of him retreating it was pretty much lather rinse repeat.

Patches

Initially I was literally terrified because of the two dragon minions flying around, but after I died horribly a few times I realized if you dismounted your serpentine dragon from the start they left me alone. I developed a tactic for Miraak, which was hide behind books and gather up the courage to maul him with an ebony sword. I basically played hard-to-get with him, peeking out from behind the books, he shoots a fireball, then hide again. I ended up slowly picking off his health with auriels bow and levelled arrows. He had already absorbed the dragon souls because I had been using the hiding tactic, then I would strike him down with an ebony greatsword. My final move was with the bow, though. And then he tried to retreat into the toxic waters, which apparently he's immune to. And then it was the epic cut-scene with Hermaus Mora disintigrating him into a skeleton :3

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
The same way I beat everything in this game

Mashing the right trigger until he's dead. That's about as complex as things get here.

Dawn

The same way I beat everything in this game

Mashing the right trigger until he's dead. That's about as complex as things get here.

HAHA.

The only character of mine that has fought Miraak was my 2h warrior, who took a similar approach and just kept hitting Mirakk till Hermaeus Mora decided to finish him off.

It did help being a Breton along with physical and magic damage mitigation at caps.

Seriously though, the fight was a let down. The flight on the back of the dragon took longer than the boss fight.

I am working on getting my mid leveled mid geared archer through Dragonborn. The Black Book areas have been much more challenging, so I hope the Miraak fight is as well.

I found getting to Miraak ( all the black books , etc ) was harder then the final battle . Killing him was so easy , next time I will move game setting to Expert or even Master . I should add that I'm geared up pretty good . I fought him on adept and was like ....Thats it ?? :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts