• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

newbie001

I have tons of Dragon bones and think that they would make cool weapons as well as the armor. Should be slightly less powerful than Daedric but lighter and faster swingtime.

I just don't know why every other material has both weapons and armor but dragon only armor.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
There is a reason........... You can't really make bones and scales into a metallic sword, but shapping them into armor is slightly more possible.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Aside from theoretically being strong enough for armor (talking about dragons here), bones really aren't malleable enough to be forged into a proper weapon. Maybe a spear if they had those in Skyrim, but....oh wait. Haha the armor is really just a suit with bones strapped on around it, simple enough to work into the game and a great RP aspect that works well with the story. Hard to bend reality far enough to make weapons out of bones though.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
dragon scales seems pretty metallic in this game, it would be a cool idea though, like different colored blades, and or maces, depending on what color scales you use.

newbie001

Your objection is the reality of it. In what reality do Dragons exist. Bones can be formed/scultped into any shape and bones are very strong and I assume that Dragons being magical would need strong bones to support their massive weight.

There is no reality in gaming there is practicallity and reason though. Which Dragon weapons still apply.

Who said anything about melting or forging but they could be formed. Not much different than leather armor. If they can make bone needles for sewing why not weapons? You guys really need to study history and a little more about science. Scales would be sewn together for armor like leather, bones could easily and quite realistically be made into weapons. Who said that they would be metalic weapons. FYI Ebony is a wood not a metal, but the makers of this game don't seem to care about that. Quicksilver is a liquid metal called mercury but that didn't stop them from making it into an ingot. You can overlook that reality twist but not Dragon weapons?

I have seen bones shaped into axes, knives and arrows. Native Americans and aborginal people of Australia and Newzealand did it, So why not a sword or a mace from dragon bones I bet they would be stronger than cow or whale bones.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I imagine a dragon bone weapon would be stronger than a cow or whale bone weapon... but nowhere near as strong as, say, an iron one.

Forumate

The blade of the weapon would be made out of metal ingots (Ebony) and the hilt would be made out of dragon bones or scales. I was trying to find a good picture on Google for you guys to look at but I could not find one.

Umbranar

Dragon bone maces and warhammers should by possible...with ebony handles? Bows made out of dragon bones and senew? Maybe even axes (thinking stone age style axes :p)

Mface

When the CK comes out I plan on making a mod that introduces Dragonbone weapons.

They won't be quite like other weapons though. You'll only be able to get them through a long series of quests involving magically forging them. In particular, you'll have to retrieve some very specific ingredients (in addition to the standard dragon bones).

You'll have to go and kill one of 6-7 different, specific dragons and take some of their scales / bones and depending on which dragon's body parts you use, your weapon will have different properties at the end of the day.

newbie001

You guys don't make any sense at all. You are telling me that dragon bone weapons wouldn't be as strong as iron but the dragon armor is the second best in terms of strength. You wouldn't forge it.

The other logic questions are retarded. The game isn't based on reality. When would you in reality upgrade a bow on a grindstone?

Dragon scales could be used to make leather for the handwraps, the bone could be a handle gaurd and the blade. Dragons are a magical and powerful beast that would not have normal bones so its strength would be immense. How else could the bones support the weight of a dragon 100 times bigger than a mammoth?

FYI ebony is not a metal. You guys can overlook the other escapes from the reality the game has done but not the effectiveness of dragon weapons. You guys are just nuts.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
When the CK comes out I plan on making a mod that introduces Dragonbone weapons.

They won't be quite like other weapons though. You'll only be able to get them through a long series of quests involving magically forging them. In particular, you'll have to retrieve some very specific ingredients (in addition to the standard dragon bones).

You'll have to go and kill one of 6-7 different, specific dragons and take some of their scales / bones and depending on which dragon's body parts you use, your weapon will have different properties at the end of the day.
Mface I don't know you from anyone else here but if you can do that i would LOVE YOU FOREVER! And i don't even have a computer! lol

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Maybe dragon bones are composed of a tungsten-mithral-faerie dust alloy. Just sayin'.

Jason

Bone weapons and tools have been used all over history. They are strong and impressive in all aspects of how they have been used. I'm am seriously disappointed that you can not make dragon bone weapons. This is a fantasy game! In Dragon Age the toughest weapon is a dragon bone sword that you can customize to how you want it. I really don't think this would have been too hard for them to do...

Dantak

I find it annoying how people are saying that games are not realistic, therefore realism is unimportant. The arguments, too; ebony being a wood and quicksilver being liquid. Did you know that ebony can also mean black? And I for one have almost never seen the name quicksilver used as a liquid, so for the sake of fantasy, lets just let them mean whatever the devs want them to mean.
My own solution to the dragon weapons would be to add dragon blood as a loot from dead dragons. You could fuse the blood with some other metal, like daedra hearts can. Then, dragon bones would be used instead of leather strips. The bow could just be bone.

newbie001

And I for one have almost never seen the name quicksilver used as a liquid"

You would have to be able to read to see it used before.

Quicksilver is another name for mercury which is a fluidic metal. not a solid ingot.

Again, how unrealistic is it to have a bone weapon made from dragon bones that would be stronger than other weapons but lighter?

If realism is so important to you, then why don't you complain about how improving the quality of a bow on a grindstone, or making leather armor in a forge, or how all potions weigh .05 even if the ingredients are less than that or more than that. There is no reality about that, it was nothing more than convenience and practicality of game design/play.

Why argue against something that is coold. If all other branches of smithing have both weapons and armor why not dragon? That is all that I said and I get many responses that are based on ignorance and non logic claiming that it isn't realistic.

I realy think the majority of you young ignorant gamers should read a little more about history and science before commenting on realism.

Kickass119

Can't have bone weapons? Look at ALL of the Foresworn weapons, those incorperate bones into them. Cant shape dragon bones? Look at ALL Falmer architechture and tech, it's shaped from Chaurus Chitin. Dragons weapons are completely practical and realistic

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts