• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
Am I the only one who actually likes the way Dragonbone weapons look? :Dragonborn:
Certainly not, I think they look awesome... My Dovahkiin looks complete with Dragonbone Armour and Dragonbone Greatsword... That gives me more closure on how I want to modify my character's gear than the ending of ME3 did.

I've seen the modded DB weapons and they look crap compared to Bethesda's IMH.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
how'd you get your sword to that much damage? I have lvl 100 smithing and mine is only 114 after improving it to legendary

I have my Enchanting level 100 as well, and I enchanted a set of gear to Smith and Enchant items 25% better. I could get more damage on my weapons, but I'd have to get some potions and more grand soul gems.

Derek Jeder

I have found that, in the Archery department at least, that the Daedric bow overpowers the Dragonbone 136 to 117 with legendary, and 353 to 304 with full fortify archery.

Sargeant_002

I have found that, in the Archery department at least, that the Daedric bow overpowers the Dragonbone 136 to 117 with legendary, and 353 to 304 with full fortify archery.

Interesting...testing done with all variables equal? I'll have to look into this. Bow's are my current weapon of choice! Well my heavily preferred weapon of choice!

Brian-

Derek Jeder

Interesting...testing done with all variables equal? I'll have to look into this. Bow's are my current weapon of choice! Well my heavily preferred weapon of choice!

Brian-
I looked at the stats with all my enchanted armor on and off, and same quality of grindstoning. Although the Dragonbone Bow has a faster draw speed, I still choose power over speed, since the difference is not much.

ShadowGambit

how'd you get your sword to that much damage? I have lvl 100 smithing and mine is only 114 after improving it to legendary

get +29% smithing equipment (4pieces) and +147% smithing potion.

Then get Armsman 5/5 and +47% Fortify One-Handed (4 pieces). If you need get some potion to add damage too.

ShadowGambit

Humm it doesn't seems right. Derek, do you have Daedric AND Dragon smithing? If you don't have Dragon smithing so the numbers looks right.

Dragon has a better base damage than Daedric, so if you have perks for both, then the final multiplier should be the same, therefore making the Dragon Bow better. Now, if you don't have the Dragon perk, the multiplier loses .5, making the Dragon bow not as good as the Daedric with perk.

Sargeant_002

Humm it doesn't seems right. Derek, do you have Daedric AND Dragon smithing? If you don't have Dragon smithing so the numbers looks right.

Dragon has a better base damage than Daedric, so if you have perks for both, then the final multiplier should be the same, therefore making the Dragon Bow better. Now, if you don't have the Dragon perk, the multiplier loses .5, making the Dragon bow not as good as the Daedric with perk.

Was more what I was thinking!? I have Dragon not Daedric. I should have gone around the skill tree the reverse way. Next character maybe! Although I'm only level 54 I can complete the Smithing tree still....hmmmm.....

Brian-

ShadowGambit

Daedric is not necessary anymore if you can go Dragon, as the dragon weapons are slighty better but also slightly heavier than daedric.

You just need daedric if you want to do full comparaison though.

Kage

Dragon Bone is probably slightly worse then Daedric. However, I choose Dragon bone, because I find that they look far better. I personally think the Daedric Swords and such look like crap. The Armour is awesome, but the Weapons are absolute plops, when it comes to looks. The only Weapon I like in the Daedric arsenal was the Bow, that's it. I'm even thinking about making myself a Dragonbone bow, even. Anyway, in this case, it's such a close call, that it just matter on which one you think looks better.

Derek Jeder

If I didn't have the Dragon smithing perk unlocked, how would I get the bow? Besides the keepers in Soul Cairn, theres not another place I've found, and for this test I made a Dragonbone Bow from scratch, and I already had the Daedric. So to answer your question, yes, I do have both Daedric and Dragon smithing perks unlocked.

Derek Jeder

Daedric is not necessary anymore if you can go Dragon, as the dragon weapons are slighty better but also slightly heavier than daedric.

You just need daedric if you want to do full comparaison though.

Daedric is slightly better fully upgraded than Dragonbone.

Derek Jeder

Not to triple post, but I'm thinking that since Daedric smithing requires rarer materials it will reward you with a greater attack rating in the long run, not to mention the look of the bow, and Dragons are fairly common in Skyrim.

Zexks

I like the 1H sword and bow, but other than that I'm not too fussed about the weapons tbh. Dragonbone sword and chillrend (if you got it at lv.46+) have the same base damage, interestingly.

I think the sheath for the sword is really cool as well, so I'm now using this over Chillrend =]

How is that. I got chillrend in my mid 50's and it's lower than the dragon sword I made at 61. I wish it was equal dmg because of the dual enchant but...

ShadowGambit

Following what you are saying Derek, then the base damage for the Dragon Bow should be around 16, same as the Ebony Bow.

UESPWiki has it at 20 for the Dragon bow, HIGHER THAN DAEDRIC.

Maybe there is a bug in the formula for upgraded Dragon bow.

Derek Jeder

Woops, my bad, my Daedric bow was on some serious steroids. 244 to a brand new 205, but the Dragonbone fully upgraded is 211, so the difference is only about 6 in damage. Sorry about that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts