• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

dragonbone base damage is slightly better than Daedric and a wee bit heavier.
most are servicible looking, nothing spectacular.
But the warhammer is badass and the closest thing to a Giant`s Club you can use.
With legit maxed improvements maybe 121 in damage to a daedric hammer`s 118

Gowsh

Old Fart
Also, as you'd expect, the Dragonbone weapons are heavier than their Daedric counterparts by a 3 or 4 (?) units.

that's remembering as I don't have the game in front of me.

Courtesyflush52

The damage difference is small (2-4 damage) with the Dragonbone being higher, but after improving multiple times there will be a more noticeable difference in damage.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Yes, I know for a fact that the Dragonbone Weapons are better than the Daedric ones.
Both the Base damage and the Smithed upgraded damage is higher.

Although Bethesda has still failed to rework the Daedric and Dragonbone armor levels, so Daedric armor is still Better then Dragonbone.

Jacobhwrd

A few of the weapons look better but the ones that fail miserably are the bow, arrows, and dagger. Mostly the dagger. It looks like a steel dagger with a different color scheme. I am so disappointed with the bow and dagger that I still use deadric versions of both and since I can't smith them I can't make them legendary so I loose a good portion of damage but that is how bad I think they look.

Astares

srsly guise
The dragon bone weapons all do more damage than daedric, but they weigh more (Longer to swing). Personally, it all depends on the race I am. If I am a Nord, I use dragon bone no matter what. If I am a Dark Elf, I use daedric. My daedric bow does 168 damage, 188 with ebony arrows and x3 due to the perk in sneak, and my double daedric daggers do 101 damage each, totaling out to 202 damage (x30 with perk in sneak). I have no need to use dragon bone weapons. :p

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I don't max out my gear anymore, it makes the game far less fun imo.
On the lower difficulties yea, but if you play for a real challenge, and you go on Expert or Master, enchant and grind that plops to its max.

My Dragonbone Sword at the moment is sitting at 203 damage with 85 frost damage on each hit, sad part is thats not even a quarter of a health bar on master.

Adam Warlock

I like the Dragonbone designs . Simple but effective looking.
The addition of the metal loop on the hilts is a plus for me.
Also when in 1st person , they don`t tend to block my view.

The base damage difference may seem slight at first sight , but when you factor in Sneak and Tempering multipliers the additional damage is not insignificant.

I now arm most of my Dead Thralls with Legendary Dragonbone Warhammers with Absorb 30 Health and 46 Fire Damage. I use my Smithing gear and Dragon armor perk but not Fortify Smithing/Enchanting potions to avoid overpowering the weapons.
They`ve done just fine at lvl 81 master settings.

I`ve traded my Daedriic dagger in for a Dragonbone with Paralyze 6s and 40 Shock damage.

Vraek

I like the 1H sword and bow, but other than that I'm not too fussed about the weapons tbh. Dragonbone sword and chillrend (if you got it at lv.46+) have the same base damage, interestingly.

I think the sheath for the sword is really cool as well, so I'm now using this over Chillrend =]

Night Reigns

Assassin- Master of the Bow
On the lower difficulties yea, but if you play for a real challenge, and you go on Expert or Master, enchant and grind that pl*** to its max.

My Dragonbone Sword at the moment is sitting at 203 damage with 85 frost damage on each hit, sad part is thats not even a quarter of a health bar on master.

I play on master, I just like to have really long fights.

On the lower difficulties yea, but if you play for a real challenge, and you go on Expert or Master, enchant and grind that pl*** to its max.

how'd you get your sword to that much damage? I have lvl 100 smithing and mine is only 114 after improving it to legendary

NewZodiac

how'd you get your sword to that much damage? I have lvl 100 smithing and mine is only 114 after improving it to legendary

I'm always amazed that people don't know how to get more damage.

Enchanted items with +% to one handed or two handed weapons. For example: I have a ring and an amulet that both give me 41% archery damage boost, a helm with 41% archery, and gloves with 41% archery. Coupled with my Daedric Bow improved to Legendary, I'm sitting at 424 damage with Daedric Arrows.

Start enchanting!

Nick_Tbolt

I have my Dragon Axes, with 314 damage each, fiery soul trap, and extra fire damage. I enchanted my armor, gauntlets, ring, and necklace with +25% smithing each, and i use a fortify smithing potion I made that is +24%. After I smith them, I then switch to a different Gauntlet that has +40 to One handed, Boots that have +40 to One handed. And a necklace and ring with +40, and stuff is somewhat difficult on Expert. Happy Smithing!

Redguard level 81 - Dual Enchanted Dragonbone Axes - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts