Dragon Attacks in major towns?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

As in, the holds where you can buy houses - I assumed dragons did not show up when you visited those places, but last night I was in Riften, I walked out the main entrance and a dragon started circling above town. I went back into Riften and it was there, sitting on one of the rooftops. It even killed a bunch of characters in the market place. This is the first time I've experienced a dragon attack in one of the major holds. I've seen them attack stables outside, but not actually inside a town - is this normal?

mamali

yeah . I was attacked by dragon right in center of Solitude and also riften ,in solitude all the children where watching .

Katastrophe

King of Tales
I've been attacked by dragons in holds many, many times.

The first 'radiant' dragon I encountered actually attacked in Whiterun. One just attacked inside Falkreath in my story, The Hunted. Thankfully no one died in that one.

sticky runes

Ah, so its a rare occurance. I thought it might have spawned with me as a kind of glitch or something. Makes sense, since you do actually ask the jarls if they are prepared for dragon attacks, but I honestly thought that the holds were supposed to be safe. I think the townsfolk I'm really worried about losing are the blacksmiths, since they spend a lot of their time outside.

Adam Warlock

I`ve had @5 dragon attacks at Riften and noted that if the attack begins outside near the stables the dragon will follow you inside the city walls.
Twice I remained outside the city and so did those dragons(mostly) until they landed in the road and some guards and I killed them. The members of the Khajiit caravan will fight along with you if they are present at the time.
During my 6 months of play infrequent dragon attacks have occured in Markarth(2 times) , Solitude(4 or 5) , Windhelm(once) and loads of times in the unwalled cities. I generally try to lead them toward the guards and away from the citizens but it doesn`t always work and more than a few have been killed including the blacksmith at Shor`s Stone and the mill owner in Dragonbridge.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've had a dragon attack in every city but Whiterun and Markarth. Solitude is most commonly hit, Riften a close second. I've only encountered one dragon in Windhelm, but it was a legendary. So it counts for two.

It happened to me in Whiterun. Managed to kill it up near Dragonreach, so it didn't kill any NPCs that I liked.

Clau

The Fateless One
Most of dragon attacks in my game happen in Riverwood and Dawnstar. I have yet to experience a dragon attack in Markarth.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
I've had a number of dragon attacks in and outside the walled cities, but the most notable was in Windhelm, during the Imperial assault on the Palace of the Kings. It was pretty epic.

Xivia4

Never for me. I'd love to see it though. The only cities that seem to get attacked are those without loading doors.

ReaperHemingway

I actually had one land right in the middle of the College of Winterhold.
It was me and Lydia, plus four College members vs. the Dragon.
Quickest end to a dragon fight I've ever seen.

sticky runes

Winterhold seems to be a dragon magnet for my game, practically every time I've been back there since becoming the arch mage, I've been attacked by dragons at the college and in the town, even when I've been exploring the areas nearby I've seen a dragon soaring above the tower. I don't think there are any more guards left in the town, its been dragoned so many times.

AS88

Staff member
cf2d165b.jpg

One attacked Whiterun on my journal character on my sig. It was breathing fire from Jorrvaskr's roof, and only poor Brill wanted to do anything about it.

I killed it right there on the steps, with no HUD and 4 health remaining :cowboy:

Kynareth

A dragon has only attacked inside the walls of a major city once in my game so far, and that city was Solitude. Other than that, I encounter a lot of dragons at city stables... particularly the stables at Riften and Solitude... and the College of Winterhold is also a dragon magnet in my game :D. A few dragons have also appeared outside of Windhelm, and usually show up to attack the farm nearby :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts