Download Daggerfall for free!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

harpwood

My first TES game was daggerfall. I could not finished it. It was HUGE, chaotic and full of bugs. But I still remember it. It was (even with so many problems) atmospheric and highly addictive!!! I still remember the arrest attempts from the guards. The just shouted "hey... hey... hey... hey..." :D (no regular speach then). If you did not resist the arrest, they gave you a trial and you had to plead guilty or innocent. If you plead innocent for heavy charges they sentenced you with a strictier punishment (even death penalty if I remember correctly).

I also remember that you could buy a 400lbr carry weight cart for your horse (rogue's paradise :D).

At nights you could be a thief. Break in, emty the house, full the cart and the morning you could go to a vendor and sell the stuff (no stollen flag then). And later a passing guy gives you a letter. You read " (your name), you are a thief. You cannot dienny it, we saw you. You will work for us or you wil be our enemy. Thieves Guilt"

Also the same procedure for the dark brotherhood if you killed an innocent in the past...

If you do not mind the old graphics, do not miss it!!!

Lyt

Well I doun loaded it, took me two tries to figure out how to attack, even witht the tutorial active. :/ Then I still haven't beat the Bat on the first level. Lyt is sad. :sadface:

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Kind of an old thread, but since people ask periodically--

Arena:Files - UESPWiki
Daggerfall:Files - UESPWiki
UESP has downloads of Arena and Daggerfall already configured for DOSBox, so all you have to do is download, install (if even that- can't remember off the top of my head), and play.
Daggerfall players might want to take a look at the DaggerXL source port, too: Blog |

Neriad13

Premium Member
Kind of an old thread, but since people ask periodically--

Arena:Files - UESPWiki
Daggerfall:Files - UESPWiki
UESP has downloads of Arena and Daggerfall already configured for DOSBox, so all you have to do is download, install (if even that- can't remember off the top of my head), and play.
Daggerfall players might want to take a look at the DaggerXL source port, too: Blog |

THANK YOU JANUS! I watched half a dozen instructional videos, downloaded two versions of DOSBox, attempted to follow the official installation instructions and tried everything else in my power without success. You're a lifesaver. :D

Ebonyflesh

Three Dog
I had to change most of the controls. Thankfully you can set it to Mouselook and WASD. Once you look at your control options and change them as you see fit, the game gets a lot nicer.

Oh really? :eek: Great! Might pull myself away from Skyrim and go back in time.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Yeah, I think they are still making some money off of it. I saw it on sale on steam a little while ago for like 15ish bucks I think... man and that's on sale! For an old game!
Yeah, the normal price for it is the same as Mass effect 2 which is an immense and highly reviewed rpg from 2010, not 2002.
reason is because like all ES games, Morrowind is a Legendary Game that will go down in History so they expect you to pay if you want to play. but Daggerfall and Arena were made when Graphics and Game Creations were shall We say more primitive and their lifespans don't match up to modern games, Morrowinds Lifespan is even longer then daggerfalls, Oblivions will be even longer then Morrowind and Skyrim will be longer still.

Jybrael

From what I heard before..didn't it begin with Arena? Then how come it started out with Daggerfall?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts