1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't want to be a vampire lord anymore, but there's one small problem..

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by ecozombie, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

Hey guys,

I just downloaded all the DLCs for Skyrim a few days ago so this is all new to me. Forgive me for this reason if I sound newbish in any way.
    I'm having an issue with my Vampire Lord character where it seems like no matter how much she feeds, I can't get any of the perks to unlock. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this including: double checking I was having her feed correctly by looking it up on Google - I've tried having her to Vampiric Drain until the enemy is dead, I've tried doing the same so that they have a bit of health left as well. This is on both enemies and the vampire cattle. I've tried having her use Vampiric Seduction and then feeding - didn't work. I tried having her feed on all the vampire cattle traditionally, i.e. by pressing the "feed" option when it pops up - I did all of them because I had read you need to feed on 5 people to unlock a perk - didn't work. I also tried re-loading a save and I tried just waiting some time in-game and trying again. Nothing.
    So now I'm honestly thinking it must be some weird glitch. I'm on PS3 by the way.
    So here's my question: if I cure her either by taking an actual cure from Falion or by having her become a werewolf again (she was one originally) - will I lose my quest progress this far? I'm currently on the Unseen Visions quest.
    Any help you guys can give me is appreciated. And before anyone says this, yes I do want to stay a Vampire Lord, but I don't see much of a point without being able to use the Perk tree. So. :/
    Anyways thanks ahead of time!

2. Phantom

Phantom Uh, I didn't do it

Try using the bite in combat.

3. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

I was actually just about to try that next. Will do and let ya know if it works. Thanks for the fast reply! :)

4. Phantom

Phantom Uh, I didn't do it

Biting out of combat last I checked just has to do with your non Vampire lord status, if I remember right.

5. ecozombie

ecozombie Loki

Ohh I see. Yeah I kinda thought as long as you fed the perks would add up the same. Sounds like it only works if you bite enemies then, not the vampire cattle. Thanks for your help. :) Hopefully it'll work and I'll be able to stay a VL.

6. AS88

AS88 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Curing yourself then being re-infected won't have an effect on your Dawnguard questlines, ie you won't have to start again. Harkon will probably be a bit p***** and want to turn you again, and hopefully that should fix you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Irishman

Irishman Well-Endowed Member

The only ways to perk up the Vampire Lord tree is to either kill an enemy using the Blood Orb attack or the finishing bite attack. Both MUST be used while your in VL form.