PC Do you prefer a controller?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you prefer a controller to play Skyrim?

• Total voters

Solomander

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if you install the drivers for an Xbox controller on a PC, can you switch back and forth between the controller and the keyboard/mouse easily, or do you have to uninstall the controller drivers? I bought an Xbox controller to use with my PC but am not unhappy with the mouse and keyboard, so I haven't opened it yet. If it's not a big deal, I may demo the controller. Otherwise, I am going to return it unopened.

Sweet Rolls

True Nord 4 lyf yo
I play Skyrim on the Xbox and if I played it on PC I would use a controller, the interface just seems more console-oriented. Using keyboard and mouse wouldn't be too bad but the controller seems easier on this game.

Nichalia

I love playing with keyboard and hotkeys... but not Skyrim. Skyrim interface is so bad I'm thinking about uninstalling the whole game, to be honest. I have a touch-pad (no mouse) on my laptop. And there's no option to move left or right without strafing just with keybindings. And I can't toggle out of first person POV--is that normal?? Maybe it's my computer, or the install. I made it about 10 minutes into the game before being overcome with frustration. Generally, keyboard FTW!! But not with this game, it seems. Er... unless there's a nice mod...? Looking forward to figuring it out. You hear such good things about this game.

Kentuckykid220

Dragonborn
To be honest I use my Logitech Controller over my Logitech G1105 KB/Mouse. It just..well works better.

I prefer controller because skyrim is perfectly optimized for it.

Lawson100

Keyboard and mouse for me. Started the game using a xbox pad for the first 5 hours or so but never felt like I had enough controle for the slow movements like using the bow. The added 9 hotkeys, auto-walk and accuracy for me is to good to pass up

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I prefer the controller. I work as an IT Administrator so I'm always on a keyboard and mouse. Don't want to play my games they same way I work. Maybe that's why I'm not a huge online gamer...

Hunfar

My PC is a piece of outdated junk that I have yet to update, so I got Skyrim for PS3. I have however played daggerfall and morrowind for PC, and while I would choose a controller for skyrim I think I would prefer my mouse for DF and MW.

Karein

Art student and slightly obsessive tea drinker.
I have the game on PC, but I refuse to play it without a controller. Skyrim was my first PC game, I was always an xbox girl. I found after a few weeks my hands were cramping and hurting all the time, and being an artist, that is not something I am willing to tolerate. So I bought a control, and have not used the mouse since :)

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I'm still playing on PS3 and PC. I still prefer the Razer keyboard and mouse. I'm more accurate with it, plus I don't accidentally put myself in 3rd person like I do mid fight with the ps3 controller. There is one other added bonus - I can't throw the keyboard and mouse.

Purr

:3
At first I was playing Skyrim with my PC (now I'm playing with PS3) and I immediately changed keyboard to controller (It was somehow hard to play even with controller... so that's when I started to play with PS3. :C) because I hate playing with keyboard. I don't often even try playing with keyboard, because I know that I wouldn't like it. : / I don't know what I miss, but controller is best for me.

Xarnac

I would have... If Beth hadn't made the hotkeys suck on controller/console.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
yes i have never been good with A mouse and keyboard.

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
I actually do prefer a controller with a keyboard.
I run a program on my PC that allows me to use the Xbox 360 controller on any game I play; I just dislike the keyboard controls, so my keyboard is mainly used to name items, and put in console commands

Unknown Stranger

Skyrim Newbie
Yes. I just got the PC version of Skyrim yesterday and couldn't get used to the whole Keyboard and mouse thing. Maybe it's because I'm used to the PS3 and Xbox controls I don't know, but a controller is easier for me :)

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I own the game on PC and the 360 and I prefer the keyboard and mouse. Just feels right with this type of game

ShoCh

I prefer a controller. I'm on a computer most of the day at work and my hands need a break from using a mouse. Also, I like to be able to sit back in a bean-bag or on a comfy chair and play, I couldn't cope having to sit at a desk hunched over a PC in the evenings as well as during the day.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts