• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I'm a newby here, and I'm wondering how many players like having followers, or prefer going solo at everything.

Personally, I like to have a follower as often as possible. Its always nice to have an extra pair of hands to carry stuff (I'm always overloaded) and I like having company to liven things up when I travel to dreary places, like Dwemer ruins and the Black Reach.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Depends really, before Dawnguard I'd usually go solo since Lydia kept blowing my cover. I swear everytime I tried to sneak she'd whip out her bow/sword and charge in, although I did like the company sometimes. I usually used to go alone when I planned on doing a more stealthy approach.

***Potential Dawnguard Spoilers***

Now since Dawnguard I've had Serana by my side at all times, not even once have I considered parting ways. Why? Mostly because I love her, but aside from that she's quite helpful to me, it seems like she's better at sneaking than most other followers (One time we were sneaking right past a bunch of Falmer and she didn't attack them until I did, we also didn't get detected until then). Plus when we do get into combat she always reanimates a nearby dead body, making a temporary 3-person group (Although sometimes the body is a goat or something, but I don't mind, I think it's funny).

I've never actually had anyone carry my extra stuff, although with Serana I'd never do that anyways.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I can't stand followers normally. I hate having to turn around and make sure they didn't get stuck on anything. The only time I like a follower is when I go into Dwemer ruins and/or Black Reach. I always take Serana when I get a follower though. She seems to be the most useful out of the followers I used.

(Although sometimes the body is a goat or something, but I don't mind, I think it's funny).

She once reanimated a dead chicken to fight for us...Or she just wanted a pet, I'm not sure which....

Soulcano

I have taken on Erik the Slayer as my squire. Of course it's nice to have someone on your side in a fight, but mostly, I like having an extra character to improve. I use two-handed weapons, so it's great to have a use for all the nice shields or one-handers we find.

The Nonchalant Thief

Bunny shall die!
(I do not have the Dawnguard DLC.) Nah.

"Alright. We're going to down into this dark dungeon, okay? Do not trip on any traps." Three min later. "...Seriously?..you had to step on the pressure plate and burn us alive?"

*You sneak up, glancing down towards the multiple targets below. You pull out your bow and take a quick shot before fading back into the shadows.* "...HEY. WAIT. Don't go down there, you idiot!..." *They die.* "...Useless."

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
I only use followers when I want to tank a dungeon to get the damned quest overwith. When you have seven of them, sending them ahead to tank a room you don't want to deal with is good. When I want to actually fight and clear the dungeon myself, I'll take along Bran and (occasionally) an Armored Troll. Followers are annoying :c.

sticky runes

OK, I've just been travelling with Ghorbash the Iron Hand, and we fought our way through Hag's Rock redoubt, or whatever that place is called, and he suddenly turned on me. Thats never happened to me before - a follower turning into an enemy. I did hit him a couple of times when he got in the way, but he didn't actually start trying to kill me until about 5 minutes later after we had wiped out all of the enemies (I used the call storm shout, so I don't know if he got struck by lightning as well). Oh well, F him. But most of the other followers I've used were good to me. I particularly like Argis the Bulwark!

Neriad13

Premium Member
I like followers a lot - they're some of my favorite characters in the game. Especially when they've been modded to not set off traps and to wear the armor you give them. But I find that if you spend a lot of time depending on followers, the game gets much too easy. I've had a lot of rude awakenings after letting someone go, where I'd discover that an enemy that was easy to take down with help was not so easy to do alone.

There was a time when I spent a large amount of time traveling with Celann and Serana together. I'd known that the two of them didn't trust one another - after her reception with Isran in the Fort Dawnguard torture chamber, Serana's certainly icy toward other vampire hunters, all of whom definitely replicate the sentiment. It was in Blackreach, after we'd gone days without seeing the sky, wandering endlessly in our hunt for knowledge, when the two of them went a little stir-crazy, relentlessly blasting one another with magic and refusing to listen to me. What I believe happened was that Celann accidentally hit Serana with the staff I'd given him and that pushed her over the limit. They eventually stopped before anyone could get hurt, but I dropped Celann off at home for a well-deserved break while Serana and I departed on our next mission alone.

DovahCap

I like followers a lot - they're some of my favorite characters in the game. Especially when they've been modded to not set off traps and to wear the armor you give them. But I find that if you spend a lot of time depending on followers, the game gets much too easy. I've had a lot of rude awakenings after letting someone go, where I'd discover that an enemy that was easy to take down with help was not so easy to do alone.

There was a time when I spent a large amount of time traveling with Celann and Serana together. I'd known that the two of them didn't trust one another - after her reception with Isran in the Fort Dawnguard torture chamber, Serana's certainly icy toward other vampire hunters, all of whom definitely replicate the sentiment. It was in Blackreach, after we'd gone days without seeing the sky, wandering endlessly in our hunt for knowledge, when the two of them went a little stir-crazy, relentlessly blasting one another with magic and refusing to listen to me. What I believe happened was that Celann accidentally hit Serana with the staff I'd given him and that pushed her over the limit. They eventually stopped before anyone could get hurt, but I dropped Celann off at home for a well-deserved break while Serana and I departed on our next mission alone.

Ahmygod, Celann. <3 He and Serana are my favorite Dawnguard followers.

For some reason, he reminds me of Riker with orange hair.

I hate followers they always get in my way, but I especially hate Serana because she raises the corpses of those I kill so that I cannot munch on them to keep my werewolf abilities going longer or earn perk points.

DovahCap

I hate followers they always get in my way, but I especially hate Serana because she raises the corpses of those I kill so that I cannot munch on them to keep my werewolf abilities going longer or earn perk points.

I always accidentally murder Serana's corpses. Especially when it's dark and she reanimates a draugr or something.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
I'd like to have a bard follower. Someone to sing my theme song as I travel around. Like in the movie; "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka". :)

As for Serana, I don't care how cute she is. She's evil and evil must be destroyed!

Julius Darkstar

King of Conjuration
I sometimes use followers, but they get to my nerves.
Always saying the same thing over and over and over again.

I use thralls mostly, atleast when they irritate me, i can kill them.
And bring them back again to serve another time.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Ahmygod, Celann. <3 He and Serana are my favorite Dawnguard followers.

For some reason, he reminds me of Riker with orange hair.

Celann used to be one of my favorite followers. But then he had a hissy fit when I allowed myself to be turned into a vampire to get into Soul Cairn. On my way to Morthal to get a cure, I became blood-starved and instead of feeding me like a good friend would until I could get better, he'd screech "BURN THE VAMPIRE!" at me repeatedly. You just can't feel the same way about a man when he does that to you. :sadface:

I always accidentally murder Serana's corpses. Especially when it's dark and she reanimates a draugr or something.

I actually murder Serana's humanoid corpses on purpose, if they're still standing at the end of a battle. It seems cruel to do that to people and it's always nice to get one who whispers "Free...again." as they gracefully collapse into a pile of ash. It's even more heart-rending when I have to do it with the corpses of fallen friends after a particularly devastating vampire attack.

DovahCap

Celann used to be one of my favorite followers. But then he had a hissy fit when I allowed myself to be turned into a vampire to get into Soul Cairn. On my way to Morthal to get a cure, I became blood-starved and instead of feeding me like a good friend would until I could get better, he'd screech "BURN THE VAMPIRE!" at me repeatedly. You just can't feel the same way about a man when he does that to you. :sadface:

I actually murder Serana's humanoid corpses on purpose, if they're still standing at the end of a battle. It seems cruel to do that to people and it's always nice to get one who whispers "Free...again." as they gracefully collapse into a pile of ash. It's even more heart-rending when I have to do it with the corpses of fallen friends after a particularly devastating vampire attack.

I usually murder the black soul corpses after a battle. For things like wolves or Falmer, I let them suffer in undeath, since they're so horrible to me when they're living.

sticky runes

Wow, Serana's a popular bitch, isn't she?

Oh, and I often like to travel with my spouse, so when we're out hunting bandits and falmer, I'll make sure to stop in a tent for a quick shag ;)

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief

I usually end up murdering them on purpose. The groaning noises they make creep me out, plus they're no help when sneaking around. :confused:

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Followers have a use? I have never seen why everyone is all like "You need followers" I play on Master and 99% of the times I died I had a follower. I find my Summons to be more than enough to hold back the enemy while I fill them with arrows, or if I'm pure warrior I just solve it with a shout. Followers are sloppy at best.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts