• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or meat eater?

• Meat

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I eat meat yes, to be honest: I don't think about the animals.. maybe that's a bad thing.

and my health, I believe a human needs meat. just as you need vegetables and all that.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
we are omnivores for a reason! humans are supposed to eat everything. ofcourse too much meat isn't good for you. And some people won't eat meat at all, and that's fine too. Do what you wanna do, don't judge me for eating meat!

I do agree that animals should be treated better! There are cases were the animals suffer because of grow-hormones or not able to even move. That is wrong!!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
FullmetalHeart20 I hope this is enough research for you :)

I did some research and found out that 30-40% of all the Co2 comes from the food industry: The meat industry causes 18% of all the Co2. If we eat meat only 3 days a week instead of 7 that would be the same as 50% less cars on this planet.
Research has showed us that 1 person can eat meat from the same piece of ground where 15 people can eat vegetables and fruits from.
50% of all the meat on this planet gets thrown away, most of the time before it reaches the supermarkets. So only 1 out of 2 animals that get slaughtered are actually 'used'. In 2050 there are 9.000.000.000 people on this planet and we'll have to raise our food production with 70% if we want to feed all of them. That means that we have to reduce the food, and especially meat waste drastically.
Most of the people eat 70% too much proteins. So it wouldn't be a disaster to eat less meat.

I'm no vegetarian: I eat meat myself. But we always buy biological meat. You know, animals who had a good life (as far as that is possible).

This is a video about the chicken industry in America..

Docta Corvina

I agree with the others who have said that though they are meat eaters, they readily support better treatment of the animals we harvest for that purpose. I am of the very same mindset. There is no reason that chickens should have to be confined to horrifyingly squalid, sickening conditions. No reason that cows and pigs should be made to suffer and languish while they await slaughter. I fully believe that we can and must do better in how we raise and treat the animals we consume. I do not buy for a moment that being a meat eater and being conscious and concerned with animal welfare are mutually exclusive things. Indeed, some farms already have taken laudable steps, such as operating 'free range'. We need to do more of that, and much more seriously prosecute those who are carelessly abusing animals they are raising - even those raised for human consumption. I realize it's not easy in a world and society so ruled by the power of 'business'. There will be push-back, but that is no reason not to be more deliberate in our attempts to overhaul. Without attempts, there is no hope of improvement in any venture.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I agree with the others who have said that though they are meat eaters, they readily support better treatment of the animals we harvest for that purpose. I am of the very same mindset. There is no reason that chickens should have to be confined to horrifyingly squalid, sickening conditions. No reason that cows and pigs should be made to suffer and languish while they await slaughter. I fully believe that we can and must do better in how we raise and treat the animals we consume. I do not buy for a moment that being a meat eater and being conscious and concerned with animal welfare are mutually exclusive things. Indeed, some farms already have taken laudable steps, such as operating 'free range'. We need to do more of that, and much more seriously prosecute those who are carelessly abusing animals they are raising - even those raised for human consumption. I realize it's not easy in a world and society so ruled by the power of 'business'. There will be push-back, but that is no reason not to be more deliberate in our attempts to overhaul. Without attempts, there is no hope of improvement in any venture.

I don't know how to explain this in English but I'll give it a try :)

There's a very big difference between what's good for the environment and good for animals. Large chicken farms like the ones in the video cause much less Co2 than a biological farm. And that's the point where things get difficult. Animals in little cages have a horrible life and it breaks my heart every single time when I see it, but it's also better for the environment and Co2 than chickens who have lots of space and healthy food..

I think we have to make a choice between nature and animal welfare..
It's very very complicated :sadface:

I agree with you though.. We only eat meat from our local farmer. I know that man and I know his animals had a good life..

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
plofkip_zpsae9b96e6.jpg

This is an image of a biological chicken (on the left) and a'normal' chicken (on the right).
Both of them are 5 weeks old. The normal chicken is treated with antibiotics to prevent them
from catching diseases. They also got medicines to grow faster. The chicken is not able to walk anymore and her/his intestines and bones are not longer able to support her body...

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
It's meat production. It kills them. How can they be treated well in that system?

Well, eating meat is just the food chain. A bear eats a deer. It's just nature.. So yes I do think there is nothing wrong with eating meat. It's the way you do it.. If they lived a happy life and are killed without pain that makes a difference...

I believe in nature and nature made us omnivores. So I think eating meat is okay. But then again: it's about the way you eat meat and treat the animals...

FullmetalHeart20

Well, eating meat is just the food chain. A bear eats a deer. It's just nature.. So yes I do think there is nothing wrong with eating meat. It's the way you do it.. If they lived a happy life and are killed without pain that makes a difference...

I believe in nature and nature made us omnivores. So I think eating meat is okay. But then again: it's about the way you eat meat and treat the animals...
If the natural order matters so much to you, take a look at this.
image.jpg

Panthera

Don Gato
View attachment 4773
This is Jake Shields. He never ate meat in his life, and went on a 15 fight winning streak in the MMA. It took George Saint Pierre to stop this guy. I rest my case.
I'm kinda hard to believe he never ate meat in his life. Anyway he doesn't prove anything he is young. :p

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
It's meat production. It kills them. How can they be treated well in that system?

Well, If I may be honest the killing is the most "humane" (I hate that word that's why its in quotes) aspect of it. Honestly This industrial farming of animals is a very grey industry. I have seen families raise pigs and its not that bad. I personally go through Vegetarian stages, I just stop eating meat for a few weeks, but in the end meat is part of our nature in a way. I mean sure you can find all the nutrients in nature, but I don't see people getting mad at lions for hunting the Gazelles. And if the body almost needs meat, that is the only reason I thought Vegi-Burgers and stuff like that was even made.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts