DLC Ideas you have that never happened?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Do you guys have any DLC ideas that you wish were created?

I have a few, my favorite one involving a return to the realm of Oblivion and involving a journey to uncover lost Conjuration tomes and information about how to enter the now-inaccessible realm of Oblivion since the Oblivion Crisis.

Navare

Savage Spirit
I absolutely loved the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion, and only wish they could recreate something like that. There just was something special about being a god, and possessing all the power that comes with it.

I also wish there was something more to do with the Aedra. The Knights of the Nine was good and all, but I just think for good characters it would be a nice area to delve deeper into.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I would have like to have seen what the rumored Redguard DLC would have been all about.

JayW

I was pretty happy with Dawnguard and Dragonborn. Bethesda are generally pretty good at incorporating new ideas that can enhance the gameplay not just in new zones or areas but in the wider game itself.

I do wish they'd incorporated more about the dwemer. The Aetherium items didn't really gel with what was already around skim for me. I'd have liked to see more steampunk items like some of the early mods showed off and the ability to build and repair dwemer constructs. Your own foldable armour, chugging steam and letting you roll about the map would have been great. For new Dwemer areas to explore they should really create some cities in the sky. Airships and Dragons are a combination just begging to be created.

Another thing I'd like to have seen is more of the Psijic Order. What would have been great is to skip about in time and visit significant events from the lore mentioned in the books or experienced in past games. Time Travel would open up opportunities to grab more famous items from the past or future and reshape the world around you as you mess with the timeline. It would have been satisfying to see the world your actions would build in the future and to have the opportunity to ruin the world even further (unleashing daedra...) or undoing harm already done (the creation of the falmer …). It'd be nice to be able to change the world around you just as you are able to change your character. Recreate the Dragon Cult, prevent the Dwemer from disappearing, help the Snow Elves, aid the Daedra invade from Oblivion, interfere in the balance between the Thalmor and Empire, blot out the sun for the Vampires - all things that could alter the world around you and tailor the experience to you. Probably too much for this gen but here's hoping for the next. Become the new Talos or a Daedra t rule them all - that sort of thing.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I would have liked to visit Orsinium that is now located between Hammerfell & Skyrim. Be pretty interesting to see an entire area with Orcish architecture. See how their little 'province' works. It is small enough to have been made a DLC.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
If I remember correctly they said something about there being two arenas: one in Cyrodiil and one in Skyrim. It would've been cool if they did a DLC where someone wanted to revive the arena in Skyrim.

The arena was in Windhelm, called the Windhelm Pits, really small area

Papoy

DON'T EXPECT SPOILER WARNINGS FROM ME
When i saw this post i immedietly remebered something. Skyrim doesnt have any spears (i dont have any DLC, so Idk if same DLC's actualy have it), and its a shame that bethesa didnt put them into original Skyrim.
Going into Sithis whitout getting killed would be great sightseing. Also visit to Night Mother.

The windhelm arena is on the to-do list for the Cutting Room Floor project - looks like a lot of the content is actually still present in the game.

ronnyhenri

What? Oh. Goodby
I always wanted to have a Dwemer DLC or a DLC on Deadric's, but Beth gave up on Skyrim. They're probably working on fallout 4 by now. ;)

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I do miss the Arena in Oblivion, and it would be cool if there were like, a secret underground arena hidden in a ruin somewhere, and it would be this whole secret world of like, combat and stuff :O I don't know :D You get the idea.

Tyer032392

I wish that Bethesda had created a DLC for after the Civil War, and the assassination of Emperor Titus Mede II. I also wish that they added in the coronation of the next High King/Queen of Skyrim after the civil war was over, and maybe even more in depth with the Blades and Thalmor proxy wars.

sticky runes

I've come to the conclusion that Dawnguard was unnecessary. Skyrim is about the DRAGONBORN. Dragons are supposed to be the major threat in Skyrim. I'm supposed to be saving Skyrim from an evil dragon overlord, and then they come up with this whole story about Vampires trying to take over, and attacking villages at random. The vampires end up upstaging the dragons, which is silly really. They shouldn't have bothered creating Dawnguard, and instead come up with proper endings to stories that already exist in the game, such as the civil war, like you can actually go to all the camps and kill all the remaining enemy survivors. They should have made it so that dragons really do stop randomly showing up after you defeat Alduin. They should have fixed the quests involving the missing students of Winterhold, and they should have come up with more content for the Bards college. There was already plenty of decent content that needed fixing or improving, Bethesda should have finished what they already started. And they should have saved the whole vampires vs vampire hunters fest for another Elder Scrolls game. There, I said it.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Dawnguard brought a ton of epic new items to the game but the story was bleeghh. It would have been better if it was a DLC related to the Dragonborn like the Dragonborn DLC.

Something related to the COllege of Winterhold would be nice!

sticky runes

Exactly, at least the Dargonborn DLC compliments the stuff that already exists in Skyrim, and Hearthfire just expands on what's already available to us. Dawnguard doesn't compliment the idea of the Dragonborn at all. The vampire mythos didn't need to be expanded upon, it was fine the way it was - we had vampire NPCs that had already integrated into society, like the court mage of Solitude, the slut in Morthal and the couple who run the Half Moon Mill. They were residents of Skyrim who had their sinister secrets and we just happened to stumble upon them during certain quests. I didn't need a whole new story involving Castlevania vs Vanhelsing wannabes. And the glowing red eyes giving away their vampire status - who's dumb idea was that? Oh, but we still have to prove to the jarl that that strange person walking around with red demonic eyes is, in fact, a vampire infiltrating her court.o_O

Bulldog

I would have rather had more Dawnguard material than more to do with the Bard's College. IMO they could have left out the Bard's college completely. I had more fun doing the Dawguard stuff than I did the Civil War or the Dragonborn.

sticky runes

To each their own. I'd rather have a quest about scrubbing Maven Blackbriar's chamber pot, than getting lost in some dreary valley with that insufferable twat Serana again.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I do miss the Arena in Oblivion, and it would be cool if there were like, a secret underground arena hidden in a ruin somewhere, and it would be this whole secret world of like, combat and stuff :O I don't know :D You get the idea.

First rule of Hidden Underground Ruin Fight Club is... YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HIDDEN UNDERGROUND RUIN FIGHT CLUB!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts