• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Is anybody else having items put in display cases disappear?

Adam Warlock

yes , the Gaulder Blackblade disappeared after placement but the Blackbow remains.
also many other items are ejected onto the floor while others are stable in the case.

The Phoenician

Yeah I lost two Dragon Priest mask last night.

The Phoenician

yes , the Gaulder Blackblade disappeared after placement but the Blackbow remains.
also many other items are ejected onto the floor while others are stable in the case.
I just looked and most of my missing stuff was on the floor

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Speaking of Dragon Priest masks; Thanks to Vokun, I now know how to start and stop the mannequin duplication bug! xD

Also, not all shelves will take books, as it has been since 1.0 So far I've only found one actual functional bookshelf with a fully built house + Armory, Enchanting, and Trophy Room. The Library is amazing for book collectors such as myself though.

Verac

i KNEW this dlc would have some monstrous glitchs i to cant put anything in the cases ((though im glad i dont want to lose anything from what ive heard)) but i cant believe i spent 5 dollers on something that took me a few hours to build and furnish just to have it go wrong and not work. also i dunno about you guys but my kids keep coming to me claiming "Pa you have a dog?! you didnt tell us can we keep him?" i look around, nothing. happened 4 times till i decided to just go get bran from dawnguard but it says somethings alreayd companying me, no dogs or folowers....Bethesda KINGS OF GLITCHS

Toralf Snow-Song

Wah. Oblivion had tons of glitches and now it's nearly perfect. If you can find a gigantic game with no glitches at all, lemme know.
Also, when you say you can't place items in the cases, how do you mean? I'm guessing it doesn't give you an option to place, and it won't. You have to "grab" the item and place it manually.

Also, the invisible follower glitch has been around since 1.0. Just FYI.

Intentional or not, nice reference to Game of Thrones in Dawnguard with the husky named Bran ;)

The Phoenician

Yeah If you think Skyrim is bad play Mercenaries 2

Verac

Wah. Oblivion had tons of glitches and now it's nearly perfect. If you can find a gigantic game with no glitches at all, lemme know.
Also, when you say you can't place items in the cases, how do you mean? I'm guessing it doesn't give you an option to place, and it won't. You have to "grab" the item and place it manually.

Also, the invisible follower glitch has been around since 1.0. Just FYI.

Intentional or not, nice reference to Game of Thrones in Dawnguard with the husky named Bran ;)
im not a moron, and you haven't played skyrim long have you? i speak of annoying glitches that can be easily fixed such as, Male dark brotherhood COWL hes supposed to have a mask on, there is even a non mask version that even states that. the rueful axe, it swings at the speed of an ice glaciar making it absolutely useless. ebony blade confused weapon that is a 2h sword that benefits from 1h perks and levels 2h. the list goes on. as for the display as i mentioned im not an idiot i know u equip the item first, then place it all it does is shut and open no matter what angle even when im on top. also the folower glitch has not always been around ive had dog companions before.

Toralf Snow-Song

Lol I never said you were a moron. Glass display cases are used in a way where you have to drop the item, grab it and place it, not how you use plaques.

Think back to Battlehorn Castle, every case and shelf, manually dropping and placing everything. You can hold (A) to grab things, press to drop. Just trying to be helpful.

Also, I've been playing since 11/11/11 12:15 AM. I've remade my Paladin six times (two lv80), Ranger three times (one lv80), and Battlemage twice.

And that's because of glitches. The Ebony Blade thing is humorous to me as Namira is unpredictable and the prince of lies and secrets, why not adjust the glitch in your own mind to make your game more fun?

Also, I guess Clavicus Vile is laughing his butt off at your disdain of his axe swings, eh?

It's simple, really. I love Bethesda, I love all their games despite the glitches. At the risk at sounding like a bootlicker, I'll stick with Skyrim and every single glitch just because it's rare to find a series with such rich lore.

That's my two cents, anyway. Don't know how you figured I called you a moron, but I apologize that you did.

Verac

Lol I never said you were a moron. Glass display cases are used in a way where you have to drop the item, grab it and place it, not how you use plaques.

Think back to Battlehorn Castle, every case and shelf, manually dropping and placing everything. You can hold (A) to grab things, press to drop. Just trying to be helpful.

Also, I've been playing since 11/11/11 12:15 AM. I've remade my Paladin six times (two lv80), Ranger three times (one lv80), and Battlemage twice.

And that's because of glitches. The Ebony Blade thing is humorous to me as Namira is unpredictable and the prince of lies and secrets, why not adjust the glitch in your own mind to make your game more fun?

Also, I guess Clavicus Vile is laughing his butt off at your disdain of his axe swings, eh?

It's simple, really. I love Bethesda, I love all their games despite the glitches. At the risk at sounding like a bootlicker, I'll stick with Skyrim and every single glitch just because it's rare to find a series with such rich lore.

That's my two cents, anyway. Don't know how you figured I called you a moron, but I apologize that you did.
first off, as much as that makes since for clavicus, EVERY game both rewards are good. they wouldent have gone out of they're way to make an amazing looking axe if it wasnt usable. besides story wise it was SUPPOSED to be used to kill that guys daughter, AKA werewolves. also dropping things in glasss displays or anywhere in a house causes them to disappear. and it does work like weapon plaque cause i have displays that did that before this came out. so there.and as for glitchs. one word. YOU DONT SAY?! ((edit. also ebony blade is not namira its mephala. and being unprediactable is not her thing.))

Toralf Snow-Song

Ah, yes, Namira is the cannibal quest, my mistake. And you're talking about dagger cases, I remember one in Windhelm.

All my drop and grab cases in my armory are fine, all others eject any items with an awkward shape (tavern clothes stayed while a pair of boots popped out).

Why can't a player perceive a weapon using the opposite skill as a deception and lie, such is the way of Mephala.

The gist of it is; To each his own - No skin off my backside.

Verac

Ah, yes, Namira is the cannibal quest, my mistake. And you're talking about dagger cases, I remember one in Windhelm.

All my drop and grab cases in my armory are fine, all others eject any items with an awkward shape (tavern clothes stayed while a pair of boots popped out).

Why can't a player perceive a weapon using the opposite skill as a deception and lie, such is the way of Mephala.

The gist of it is; To each his own - No skin off my backside.
*face desk* NO! not dagger chests. there are at times larger glass cases in which can place larger items say. like i did i put wuuthrad in it similar to how a plaque works. ive played skyrim a LONG time. i know what im talking about. and i know my lore to i believe your "preception" is just an excuse to be sickeningly optimistic. admit it Bethesda is fluffing lazy and are to busy churning out bad dlc rather than fix the glitches in which are present in both the vanilla game and the new add ons. now ive had enough of this. you all go on with what you were talking about im out.((one last thing, EVERY single game relics have been beneficial. mephalas weapon breaks lore by being a 2h((its an assassin relic)) and makes no sense and is useless. same goes for clavicus he even states no messy surprises...atleast for you anyway. thus signifying he isnt screwing u over. also take in mind in EVERY elder scrolls EVERY relic has been useful there is no "WOOO YOU GOT SCREWED HARD CAUSE THEY EMBODY SO AND SO"

bobassur

all the glass display cases before hearthfire you had to equip the item than activate it. and im having the same trouble: i drop the item, place it, and when i get back from a loading screen, its outside the display case, or half in half out, flying around and that stuff

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts