Die Hard: Christmas movie or Not Christmas Movie?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie?

• Total voters

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I felt the need to stir the pot. I don't think Die Hard is a Christmas Movie. I think it just happens to take place during Christmas.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Of coarse Die Hard is Cristmass movie. While the holiday isn't the main focus of the story it is still a major part of the backdrop. The soundtrack even had a christmas vibe to it. (Iirc) They even threw in the cliche mistletoe scene.

Theme wise the story goes along with christmas movie. John McClain starts off a an A-hole but through his ordeal he transforms and rededicates himself to be a better father. Similar to George Bailey in Its a Wonderful Life.

Benthos

Proud Mer
Of coarse Die Hard is Cristmass movie. While the holiday isn't the main focus of the story it is still a major part of the backdrop. The soundtrack even had a christmas vibe to it. (Iirc) They even threw in the cliche mistletoe scene.

Theme wise the story goes along with christmas movie. John McClain starts off a an A-hole but through his ordeal he transforms and rededicates himself to be a better father. Similar to George Bailey in Its a Wonderful Life.
Only until the next movie which also takes place on Christmas Eve. I feel if anything DH2 is more of a Christmas movie as opposed to a Christmas backdrop (which would also make Child's Play a Christmas movie in this regard) since what would Christmas be like stuck at an airport vs a party in a corporate building with terrorists. A Christmas movie would require a focus in the season or else it's merely decoration like Walmart on Halloween. Don't get me wrong, I don't think DH2 is a Christmas movie either.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Die Hard is a Christmas movie and to say otherwise is a challenge.

rz3300

It is absolutely a Christmas movie in my opinion. I do enjoy the traditional holiday movies of good feeling and all of that, but there is only so much of that you can handle and you have to have a little action to go along with it. It is just enough of a Christmas story to allow it I say. Maybe you should just balance it out with a little Christmas Story or something like that.

MarkOfDavison

I have to agree with Benthos. Die hard has a Christmas feel to it, but Die Hard 2 is way more of a Christmas movie. The snow in Die Hard 2 is really what sets the feeling.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts