• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rofl Pantofl

I have posted two versions, one vague and one very specific (just in case the shorter version doesn't work)

SHORT SOLUTION
-Listen to the full dialogue between Malkus and Dexion.
-Kill Malkus, do not loot.
-DO NOT kill the other vampire. (If you have any followers, it would be wise to have them wait down the steps or something - to refrain from attacking the other vampire)
-Leave Forbears' Holdout
-Wait for 24 (in-game...) hours
-Re-enter Forbears' Holdout
-Dexion should be outside of the magical barrier, having killed the other vampire for you.
-Loot Malkus (for the Weystone Focus)
-DO NOT de-activate the magical barrier
-Speak to Dexion and all should be well.
-Leave the Holdout and the quest marker to deactivate the magical barrier will be gone after he reads the elder scroll.

DETAILED SOLUTION (If simple solutions fails)
-Leaving Dawnguard, I did NOT have Serana follow me.
-I entered the holdout and cleared my way up to the stairs where Dexion is being held.
-I have a mod follower, whom I told to wait before going up the stairs to the magical barrier. (to keep from attacking anyone)
-I snuck up the stairs (leading to the magical barrier) without being seen and listened to the full dialogue between Malkus and Dexion.
-Without being noticed, I killed Malkus with my bow and DID NOT kill the other vampire there.
-I did not loot Malkus.
-I left the holdout (while sneaking so the other vampire did not see me) and, from right outside, I waited 24 (in-game...) hours.
-I went back in to find Dexion OUTSIDE of the magical barrier and he had killed the other vampire.
-I looted the Weystone Focus from Malkus but DID NOT use it to remove the barrier.
-I was able to walk up to Dexion and speak to him safely.
-The quest marker to remove the magical barrier was removed after Dexion read the Elder Scroll.

If there are any questions, let me know.

Jester Cage

for those who are stuck in fort dawngaurd with the moth priest reading the scroll, shout at him with the voice of the emperor power (before he gets beat down) then open the console, click on the moth priest (so you see his id code on the screen) and type Addtofaction 0005A1​A4 1 , this worked for me, i didn't have to leave the room and did this while having Serana with me.

LordWren

Hello,

I think there is an easier solution to this problem (at least there was for me). I think the problem is that when Dexion becomes aggressive, he also becomes aggressive to your companion. When you defeat him, he is still aggressive to your companion. When you enter Fort Dawnguard, he becomes aggressive to everyone.

To fix this, I left my companion just inside the entrance to the cave before rescuing Dexion. I then went through the cave alone. Once I defeated all of the enemies and released Dexion, you must defeat him as usual so that he will talk to you. As long as he has not been attacked by one of your companions, you should be fine.

I have tried this a few times, and it seems that every time my companion enters the fight with Dexion, the bug happens.

Hope this helps.

Drajiil

hey sorry guys, but i have a bug with dexion too. but i am a vampire. if i save him from his prison, i cant seduce him, and so i cant talk with him. :sadface:
Thanks in advance;)

GracieIronic

I tried fiddling with the console commands again, and I GOT HIM TO SIMMAH DOWN!!!

It was a combination of:
Addtofaction 0005A1A4 1 , which adds the selected NPC to the player ally faction, which will make a normally hostile NPC no longer hostile towards the player

and also:
setav aggression 0 , which obviously sets the selected NPC's aggression to 0

I input both of these AFTER beating down Evicus, and WITHOUT a follower with me. Then I left Fort Dawnguard and went back in and he was standing across the room from Isran.

Also, all this happened during the Prophet quest, after talking to Isran at Fort Dawnguard, but before asking Evicus to read the scroll.

I hope this helps somebody!
Thank you so much drunksquirrel!!! You totally saved my game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts