• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
I was wondering, what is it that makes your destruction skill go up? Is it the amount of damage you do to a eligible target, or the amount of magika you use while doing that damage?

What I mean to ask, I suppose, is would using fire (causing more damage, given x amount of magika) or shock (eating up magika up more quickly, due to the higher cost of the spell) raise my level more quickly?

I'm hoping someone has stumbled upon the hard criteria for the leveling mechanics. Answers/input appreciated. Cheers!

bjb68

Outback Elf (Aussimer?)
Well after a brief experiment, I can confidently say that destruction leveling is based on damage done. Therefore, fire, using less magika and causing more damage, is the way to go when trying to raise that skill.

Additionally, if your target of choice isn't dropped within one magic bar, I suggest "pumping" the trigger. It seems that the initial blast of fire (when using 'flames') gets the damage bonus promised to enemies already on fire. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts