• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    As I sipped my Ale I heard many a voice talk, talk, talking. Rolling my eyes I decide that sitting will do me no good and walk over to the female paladin to see whom she might be conversing with as she seems to be the only not boring one. As I approach I only get the last of the introduction from the small Breton girl. "Ah, I see you've met the Paladin. Jysella, if I'm correct, that would make you Kira. Sorry to butt in on another's conversation, but I found myself quite bored and though I'd come by and introduce myself." I bowed and tried not to roll my eyes as I brought a sickeningly sweet smile to my lips. "My name is Breyrenna Farrow, and it is a pleasure to meet you both." I say taking another sip of my almost empty Ale.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    "S-sorry, I'm not very good with... with people. Not with new people, anyway." Stuttered the breton who'd introduced herself as Kira Woodsley. Jysella offered a gentle smile in return, grasping the offered hand and shaking. "I understand. First meetings can be a little nerve-wracking. I'm sure we'll have time to talk on the road as well. Speaking of..." she turned her head to stare at the tent lord Gravus and his advisors had holed up in.

The others were getting anxious to move, many of them staring in the same direction she was, or fidgeting anxiously. A breton woman approached, speaking up before Kira could respond to Jysella. She introduced herself as Bryrenna Farrow. "Pleasure to meet you." Jysella replied politely, though most of her attention was now on Gravus' tent. He and his attendants had left it, and were making their way towards the group, surrounded by his guards.

She glanced at her brother to notice that Pyrus too had seen the approaching lord. He gave up glaring at the masked axeman, to direct his attention to Gravus, who'd stopped where the entire group could see him. Jysellas' fingers began to drum against her thigh in anticipation. Surely, they would be leaving soon.

"Your attention, please!" Gravus called to the group of adventurers and mercenaries. " It seems that everyone has arrived, and we will be departing momentarily." Behind him, servants had began to disassemble the large tent. The soldiers were forming up and preparing to move out. "However, every expedition requires supplies- " at that, Gravus signalled, and from somewhere previously out of sight a caravan of tarp covered wagons, pulled by sturdy nordic drafthorses, came into view.

"These wagons carry all the provisions we'll need for our journey, and enough to supply aid to the village once we reach it. I beseech that you guard them diligently. There is room to sit and rest if you grow tired of the road, of course."

The mage, Tolis Thraen, murmured something in Gravus' ear. He nodded, expression becoming somewhat more solemn. "I will not lie to you. The journey will be perilous, and there is a chance we may encounter worse than mere bandits along the way. I ask for no oath of servitude or fealty, but I would ask that any who have not the courage to remain leave now."

When there were no immediate takers, the lord smiled, and clapped his hands together. "Excellent. And with that, we are headed for the open road, and the reclamation of my ancestral home." The three, Gravus and his two attendants made for the lead wagon and climbed aboard. He tapped the driver on the shoulder, and with that, they were off, the adventurers forming up or jumping aboard the wagons, with soldiers, both on foot and a few horsemen, flanking the caravan.

The people of Crossmore lined the streets, watching the strange lord and his collection of adventurers depart. A few cheered, but most were grave faced and silent. Pyrus, marching alongside the lead wagon, murmured "some would be forgiven for thinking this is a funerary procession."

Last edited:

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Aldrem glanced away from lady Armelle as movement at the corner of his eye caught his attention. Lord Gravus and his companions had finally left the central tent, and were striding purposefully towards the group. "It seems our departure is imminent, my lady." He murmured to the woman, even as the lord began to speak. A wave of anticipation washed over the swordsman at the lords warning of danger. He was hardly one to throw himself into situations where he'd be outmatched, but then, the situations where he were outmatched, or even challenged, were exceedingly rare. He welcomed whatever threats lurked on the road, and Gravus' homelands. A train of wagons, pulled by remarkably sturdy looking horses joined Gravus' soldiers as the prepared to leave Crossmore.

The imperial Paladin, Pyrus, took his place flanking one of the wagons, while the soldiers and other adventurers did the same. The people of Crossmore watched them solemnly. It made Aldrem uneasy, as if the men, women and children watching the departure knew something they didn't. The swordsman shook his head dismissing it as nerves. He caught up to the paladin in time to hear him compare the caravan to a funeral procession. "Grim words." Aldrem said, moving up beside him, "and not ones I expected to hear from you, master paladin. You know something the rest of us don't?"

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
    Breyrenna stopped in her introductions and listened to the Lord speak. "It is a pleasure to meet you both, but I believe we are to be leaving on this... How should we call it, grand adventure?" Smiling wickedly she looked back on the Paladin and Kira. "I believe it could be quite possible they will need my eyes at the front of the caravan, but I do so hope we talk again. I feel as if you two will be the only interesting company here. Ta ta." With that Breyrenna waves and walks to the front of the group, nocking an arrow, as there will definitely be dangers ahead.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    “Madame, you do me too much credit. I'm merely a swordsman, lending my blade to a righteous cause. I'm afraid I wouldn't know the first thing about...gentlemanly behaviour,” Aldrem responded to her first statement carefully and elusively, his eyes quickly but thoroughly studying her form once again. He was being careful about trying to get a read on her, much like she was him. Respectable enough, she thought, lifting her chalice to her lips for a small sip of the bitter, red liquid within. It was becoming more and more clear to her that this man was more than just a simple mercenary swordsman and much more than the average mercenary for hire. He was just as critical in his analyzing of this entire situation as she was, and just as dangerous as that could be for her in the long run—it could also turn out to be a good thing.

“I suspect the road will be perilous. We may face worse than mere bandits,” he began responding to her last question for him, and as he did so he began to stare off in no particular direction, or at any particular subject. It seemed he was almost imagining their adventures ahead with a bit of wondrous anticipation for it all. A man eager for a fight, she noted to herself, letting the gin on her face grow slightly for a moment before returning to its original state. She let her eyes return to meet his when he began speaking once more.

“I am sure, of course, that Lord Gravus is equally glad to have your skills among the group. If you'll forgive me for presuming, but you are a mage of sorts, are you not?"

His question left a stain of distaste in her ears, but she did not let it reflect in her facial expressions or posture. She had known most of them had immediately pegged her as a mage as soon as they had seen her, and it was the last thing she wanted anybody to think about her. She wanted to remain under the radar, as unassuming as possible and even completely written off as any kind of useful if she could help it. If there was one thing Maelin had learned in her life, it was that her knowledge and natural prowess in the Arcane Arts made her nothing more than a giant target for anybody. If there was another thing Maelin had learned, it was that it suited her much better being seen as innocent and to put it simply: less than average.

“I’m afraid that you have presumed wrong, dear Aldrem. As I’m sure the rest of your comrades will as well. I’m no more a mage than a moth is an eagle,” she responded politely, and in a well-rehearsed tone of embarrassment, “As I said before, I’m just an advisor—or more accurately an ambassador for the Royal Houses in Wayrest and all of High Rock, here in the service of Lord Gravus. I’m afraid I’m really only here to observe and report, because you see, the sudden and unforeseen return of an otherwise thought extinct royal house is of grave importance and greater interest to the biggest houses in all of High Rock. Of course they’d all like to make sure that he remains in good health for the continuation of his House’s return, however, since they were unable to send forces of their own to his aid they thought it best to at least remain informed and updated as to his status in this mission of his.”

Maelin watched Aldrem carefully but subtly as she explained her presence, occasionally glancing down at her fidgeting hands in practised bashfulness as she spoke. “Which is why I am so relieved to have such handsome men such as yourself, and women skilled in dealing with ‘worse than mere bandits’. I couldn’t imagine travelling the roads out here by myself. I arrived here in a carriage accompanied by a group of Stendarr Agents on their way to Hammerfell,” she continued with a friendly giggle, placing a hand on his forearm gingerly with a gentle squeeze.

Before Maelin was able to continue her discussion with Aldrem, she noticed his attention trail off in the direction of the rest of the group, who’s murmurs of discussion had faded. She turned her attention as well, noticing their eyes following the Lord Gravus and his attendants leaving the safety of their tent and approaching the group. Behind them, servants and soldiers began to fall in and dismantle the camp where it stood, and the Lord stopped in front of the group where all eyes could see him. Maelin kept her hand on Aldrem’s arm in an attempt to put off a sort of unease or nervousness, and took another slow sip of her wine before finally ending their physical contact.

“Your attention please!” The young Lord called out to them all, and as Aldrem turned to face the man, Maelin stepped to his side to listen to the Lord address the group. “It seems everyone has arrived and we will be departing momentarily. However, every expedition requires supplies.”

The Lord gestured to nobody in particular, and from a place, Maelin could not see before, a cluster of covered wagons pulled buy sturdy northern horses approached the group. Then Gravus spoke up once more. "These wagons carry all the provisions we'll need for our journey, and enough to supply aid to the village once we reach it. I beseech that you guard them diligently. There is room to sit and rest if you grow tired of the road, of course."

Just as the Lord looked like he was about to make his way toward one of the wagons, the man Trollis pulled at his shoulder and began whispering something in his ear. This changed the expression on the Lord’s face, and after a short sigh the man spoke up once again. “I will not lie to you. The journey will be perilous, and there is a chance we may encounter worse than mere bandits along the way. I ask for no oath of servitude or fealty, but I would ask that any who have not the courage to remain leave now."

Maelin glanced around at the group, in anticipation that somebody may consider his words and take their leave, but nobody moved. A courageous lot then, she thought to herself, as the Lord spoke up one last time. “Excellent. And with that, we are headed for the open road, and the reclamation of my ancestral home."

She watched the Lord move towards the lead wagon with his advisors and climb aboard, and immediately after the caravan began to move. The group along with the soldiers in Gravus’ service formed around the cluster of wagons, some climbing into them, but most just walking beside them. It took her a moment of walking to notice that the man Aldrem to whom she had just been speaking, had made his way to stand beside one of the grim-faced paladins. She raised an eyebrow and set her chalice down before moving in a quickened pace towards the head caravan. If she were to remain faithful to her story, she needed to remain close to the Lord and his advisors for as long as she could. However, Maelin was ready for most anything that would lay ahead.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Jysella gave a kind smile back to Kira, calming her a little.
    "I understand. First meetings can be a little nerve-wracking. I'm sure we'll have time to talk on the road as well." She turned her head to Gravus' tent, where some of the guards had begun to move. Either they were changing duties or Gravus was on his way. "Speaking of..."

Kira's eyes turned to the other woman approaching - a slim but toned Breton, with pitch black hair, wearing black leather armour with a green cloak.
    "Ah, I see you've met the Paladin. Jysella, if I'm correct. That would make you Kira."
    Kira gave a mousy smile back at her.
    "Yeah, th-that's me."
    How does she know her name? What else does she know?

"Sorry to butt in on another conversation, but I found myself bored, so I thought I'd come over and introduce myself. My name is Breyrenna Farrow," she said with a deep, almost too deep, bow. She wore a wide smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "And it is a pleasure to meet you both."

"Pleasure to meet you," Jysella replied, though she seemed distracted. Kira's eyes followed hers, and spotted Lord Gravus and his posse approaching, surrounded by a contingent of guards. Kira's arms subconsciously crossed, and she clutched at her forearms as Gravus called out to them all.

"Your attention, please!" The gathered warriors, adventurers and mercenaries all turned to face him and listen. "It seems that everyone has arrived, and we will be departing momentarily. However, every expedition requires supplies." The Lord threw up a hand, at which a long caravan of horse-drawn wagons approached.
    He really has this all planned out, huh.
    "These wagons carry all the provisions we'll need for our journey, and enough to supply aid to the village once we reach it. I beseech that you guard them diligently. There is room to sit and rest if you grow tired of the road, of course." The skeletal mage leaned in to murmur something in Gravus' ear, and the Lord's expression became a little less cheerful. "I will not lie to you. The journey will be perilous, and there is a chance we may encounter worse than mere bandits along the way. I ask for no oath of servitude or fealty, but I would ask that any who have not the courage to remain leave now."
    Come on, what are you waiting for? Run! Get out of here while you still can!
    Kira forced herself to stay put, her grip on her forearms so tight that it seemed they could fall off at any moment.

No-one else moved a muscle either, and Gravus smiled again, clapping his hands together cheerfully.

"Excellent. And with that, we are headed for the open road, and the reclamation of my ancestral home." He, the wizard and the larger man jumped aboard the lead wagon, and signalled the caravan to begin its journey.

Breyrenna turned back to Kira and Jysella.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both, but I believe we are to be leaving on this... How should we call it, grand adventure?" she said with a smirk. "I believe it could be quite possible they will need my eyes at the front of the caravan, but I do so hope we talk again. I feel as if you two will be the only interesting company here. Ta ta." With a wave, Breyrenna walked off, toward the lead wagon.

Kira sighed, and stood up anxiously, still clutching at her arms.

"I, uh, guess we should be going?" she mumbled to Jysella.
    Lunatics, the lot of them.

TheArgonianDrell

" Do all dark elves have this foul attitude, or is it just part of your charming personality?" The masked man asked, and Aylira smirked. Before she could offer any kind of response, the lord appeared from his tent. "About bloody time" she muttered, turning to watch him as he began to speak. "It seems that everyone has arrived, and we will be departing momentarily. However, every expedition requires supplies." From somewhere that she'd not noticed, a train of wagons, drawn by sturdy horses, came into view. The lord requested that the adventurers defend the wagons, so that the supplies would survive the trip to his ancient village. The thin mage placed a hand on Gravus' shoulder, and muttered something into his ear. His expression fell slightly, becoming graver. "I will not lie to you. The journey will be perilous, and there is a chance we may encounter worse than mere bandits along the way. I ask for no oath of servitude or fealty, but I would ask that any who have not the courage to remain leave now."

Aylira glanced around, but none, not even the shy girl speaking with the paladin, or the woman who dressed as a noble, took the opportunity. 'Brave. Or stupid.' Time would tell which. Seeming pleased, Gravus clapped his hands together and announced that they would set out for his village and ancestral home immediately. The others took up positions around the carriages, with Gravus and his companions climbing aboard the first one. Aylira looked around and saw her heavily armoured friend speaking with a bosmer woman. She shook her head as she moved to flank one of the wagons. 'Always making friends, that one.'

Sothas listened to the humans' speech with polite interest, even chuckling quietly at the lords' suggestion those who had not the courage to persist leave now. None shifted. Coin was one hell of a motivation, after all. For Sothas' part, he glanced down at the wood elf he'd been speaking to up until Gravus' reappearance. "I suppose it's time to strike out. I'm sure this part is where your skills come into play. The road is likely watched, and I don't think by friendly eyes."

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    The caravan moved at a steady pace, though the horses moved at no more than a walking pace, allowing the soldiers and adventurers to keep up easily. Pyrus grunted at the swordsmans words. "I will not apologize for them, for I fear that the natives of Crossmore know more about our adventure than they are saying. Some, at least." He knew it was his suspicions being blown far out of proportions; the people of Crossmore had no reason to betray them. No riches or prestige would be gained. However, there must have been stories about the lost stronghold of house Gravus.

Pyrus himself had heard only whispers, but he had not liked what he had heard. It was why he and Jysella had set out to join this lord Gravus. Evil, in all its' forms, needed to be burned out, like infection from a wound. If the whispers spoke any kind of truth, lord Gravus' home had become a haven of foulness. He heard the massive argonian, Sothas, speak to the bosmer woman, mentioning that there may be worse than bandits on the roads ahead. 'The truth of such a matter may be soon apparent. How soon...I dare not guess.' How far the corruption had spread Pyrus could not guess, but he hoped and prayed it was not as far as he'd feared. He glanced at the swordsman beside him. "How much do you know of lord Gravus' home? Truthfully?"

Jysella smiled at the breton girl, and laid a reassuring hand on her shoulder. The poor thing seemed on the verge of fleeing, though she'd held her ground with the others, when Gravus had given his warning. "Yes. It wouldn't do to be left behind. This promises to be a grand adventure, with a noble cause. Who could ask for more?" She wasn't sure how soothing her words were to the other woman. But talking of bandits and monsters would do little to put her at ease, and so the paladin steered clear of the obstacles that lay in their path. "You haven't told me where you are from, Kira. Are you a native of High Rock, or were you born elsewhere? Cyrodiil or Skyrim, perhaps?"

Signus

The lord emerged from his tent and had them moving before Andros could get a response from the feisty dark elf. As the wagons moved off, he watched her stride away to take up a position by one of them. Leaning his axe against his shoulder, the bounty hunter watched the others move off, alone or in pairs. The unarmed, unarmored woman hurried after the lead wagon, seeming desperate to catch up to the lord and his advisors. His eyes narrowed, partly with suspicion, partly with curiosity. She either wanted something from the lord, or was protecting him. He shrugged off his curiosity for now, and instead turned towards the armor clad argonian. He recalled he'd arrived with the dark elf that was even now keeping pace with one of the wagons.

The warriors weapon was impressive enough, looking more fit for chopping through thick vegetation than it was for combat. His armor seemed to be in good condition, and well fitted. A huge shield sat on his back, something Andros had only ever seen a few times. He greeted him with a nod, "not many argonians in these parts. At least, none that I've seen. Are you on this venture for gold or some more...noble purpose?" The tower of a lizard certainly seemed a type of mercenary, but Andros had long since learned that appearance wasn't everything.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    As the convoy of wagons, soldiers and adventurers moved out of the village and into the surrounding forest, Gelae found herself scanning to either side of the road. Despite Lord Gravus' admonishments regarding potential dangers on the path ahead of them, she was more concerned with where her feline friend had gotten to during her brief foray into the village. Banrion was in no danger she was sure, as the senche-panthers roars would have been heard for miles around were that the case, rather Gelae hoped that her fellow adventurers didn't happen to spot her companion and become spooked. The last thing she needed was to have the Lords men firing arrows and throwing spears after Banrion while she stammered to explain.

She was so engrossed in her search for Banrion that she failed to notice as the large, armor clad Argonian fell into step beside her, "I suppose it's time to strike out. I'm sure this part is where your skills come into play. The road is likely watched, and I don't think by friendly eyes." Suppressing the urge to jerk away from the sudden voice,Gelae simply smiled and turned her attention towards the towering figure.

"Ohh I'm not sure every eye watching us belongs to our enemies," She gave a small grin as she cast a look toward the forest again. Silenty, she wondered if she should reveal Banrion to the Argonian but decided against it for the time being. "However, I would have liked having slightly less of an entourage during our journey. It's hard to sneak up on prey with an army." She gestured around them at the many wagons and soldiers marching nearby, "Although perhaps an army has no need of stealth?" She gave his armored arm a tap with the tip of her bow and raised an eyebrow, "I'm curious as to how you and your companion came to be in these parts. You don't particularly strike me as mercenaries."

Even as she finished speaking another voice joined their conversation, "Not many argonians in these parts. At least, none that I've seen. Are you on this venture for gold or some more...noble purpose?" Gelae turned to the newcomer, noticing that it was the Nordic bounty hunter this time. It seemed she wasn't the only one curious about her companions backgrounds.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Pyrus, proving himself the more dour of the two, shared his suspicion that the people of Crossmore knew something those in lord Gravus' party did not. It seemed a little strange to Aldrem that the man would suspect the townsfolk. While they didn't seem terribly happy, neither did they seem on the brink of attacking them.

The swordsman shrugged the paladins concerns away. Perhaps dedicating your life to hunting evil made one see evil everywhere they looked. If so, that could be dangerous, for Aldrem, and everyone else in the group. A rabid paladin who decided his companions were corrupted beyond saving? He almost shuddered at the thought, and he was beginning to wish he'd decided to speak with the other paladin, Jysella, he thought her name was.

As if sensing his desire for a change of subject, his companion asked, "How much do you know of lord Gravus' home? Truthfully?"

"Truthfully?" Aldrem shrugged, "not much. The notice didn't go into detail, and Gravus himself seems more concerned with defending these wagons along the road, rather than our destination."

TheArgonianDrell

Sothas glanced down at the bosmer woman. She didn't seem overly concerned that enemies might be watching, and hinted that if they were watched, they didn't belong to an enemy. Presumably she had an ally or allies that she hadn't introduced to the others. Or she was very much an optimist. She then complained the size of Gravus' entourage.

He admitted, the amount of soldiers coming along with them seemed a little excessive. "His lordship must be taking the safety of supplies very seriously."

He chuckled at her comment, a deep, gravelly sound, "I suppose you're right. We won't be sneaking up on anything anytime soon. Though, with our numbers the enemy would need to be considerable."

The wood elf tapped his armoured form with the tip of her bow. "I'm curious as to how you and your companion came to be in these parts. You don't particularly strike me as mercenaries."

"We're not. I used to be with the fighters guild, back in Cyrodiil. A job went very badly wrong. I quit after that, started wandering the countryside. A not so much a sellsword as a wandering blade, you understand. I met Aylira clearing out a bandit den. Got this at the same time" he tapped the vicious scar at corner of his right eye. "Ever since them we've wandered the continent. Helping where we can. It's a thankless job, most can't afford 'professional' help. But then, we don't do it for the gold."

"Speak for yourself!" Came a distinctly annoyed shout from the far side of the convoy. Sothas chuckled again before looking to the bosmer. "What about you? What brought you into lord Gravus' service?"

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Jysella gave a reassuring smile back at Kira, and put a hand on her shoulder.
    "Yes. It wouldn't do to be left behind. This promises to be a grand adventure, with a noble cause. Who could ask for more?"

Well you could certainly ask for a nice safe place where no-one tries to kill you, that would be great.

Before Kira could respond, Jysella spoke again.
    "You haven't told me where you're from, Kira."
    Oh no.
    "Are you a native of High Rock, or were you born elsewhere? Cyrodiil or Skyrim perhaps?"

She was no doubt trying to calm Kira's nerves, and Kira appreciated the sentiment. At the same time, "home" for Kira was waiting for them at the end of the journey, filled with all manner of horrifying creatures and memories. Her heart rate increased slightly, but she swallowed past the lump in her throat and replied.

"I, uhm... I was born not far from here actually. But I haven't been back here for half my life." She gave a sideways glance at Jysella, trying to gauge her reaction, and whether she'd guessed at the implications. "W-What about you? Where are you from?"
    While the rest of the party clutched weapons or hung their hands at their sides, with heads held high, Kira felt very conspicuous in keeping her arms folded over each other, each hand gripping the other elbow, keeping her head down.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    The road, such as it was, held no dangers for the seasoned individual that walked its surface. That did not mean that he was being reckless. Every time he came across a blind corner or walked alongside a particularly dense piece of forest, the knight would pause and listen. He was no ranger, but he knew so long as he could hear beasts of the forests, birds and the like nearby, an ambush was unlikely. Mere months ago, he would have scoffed at the idea that any would dare to attack a knight of the realm. Facing reality had not been pleasant. His comrades, his friends, had been slain in the road, despite fighting valiantly. Landron alone survived, and only because of a group of traveling priests. He was grateful to them, but he found he hadn't the courage to return to his order or worse, Annabelles' family. 'Nothing more than a coward.' He chided himself.

But he wasn't here, on the road leading to nowhere, merely for self reflection. He'd heard of lord Gravus and his search for mercenaries and adventurers to help him regain his ancestral home. It was a worthy goal, if it could be accomplished. Perhaps it would allow Landron to regain some small manner of honour, or at least join his brethren in death. Taking a position in the center of the road, he waited. As it turned out, he did not have long to wait. The sound of horse shoes and harness could be heard from just around the bend. A moment later, a team of sturdy horses, pulling a covered wagon, came into view. A young breton man sat beside the driver, a sword at his side. Landron held up his gauntleted hand, and the driver reluctantly brought the horses to a stop. "Can we help ye, sir knight?" The driver called from his seat.

"I seek lord Gravus."

"I am he. Why is it you are looking for me, sir knight?"

"Word of your journey has reached far, my lord. I would offer my services to your quest."

The young breton glanced at the others, various mercenaries, it looked like, including a massive argonian beside a wood elf woman and a masked man, from what the knight could tell. "We could certainly use another in our company. Especially a knight, though I don't know what order you are from. "

"No order, my lord. Merely a wandering knight, willing to offer his blade, if you'll have it."

"Very well, sir...." lord Gravus hesitated, waiting for a name.

"Landron. Of house Bareaux."

"Ah, of course. From Jelhanna, yes? I seldom meet someone from the north. I am sure you will be a valuable addition to our company. For now, just accompany the wagons."

Landron inclined his head, face masked by the visor of his helm, and stepped past the soldiers and sellswords. None of them challenged him at the moment, but he could feel eyes on him. A little further away, a woman in walked with a younger female, who seemed uncomfortable about being on the journey. Another imperial, similiar to the woman, stood beside a swordsman, his suspicious gaze sweeping over the area. A hammer rested on his belt, and his armour was etched with Arkays' markings.

Signus

The argonian answered both his and the wood elf womans' questions at the same time. "Hmph. Can't imagine you make much of a profit helping everyone you come across." He walked alongside them in silence as the big lizard turned his attention back to the elf. They were coming up on a bend in the road, and Andros turned his attention to the thickening forest on either side of the road. If I was going to set an ambush....this would be the place. The foliage was too dense for him to see beyond a meter or two, and he couldn't hear anything beyond the movement Gravus' own forces. He shifted his grip on the haft of his weapon, just in case. The lead wagon had just made the turn when he heard voices, the drivers, and an unfamiliar one.

The bounty hunter left his companions behind as he lengthened his pace, coming around the corner to see a heavily armored man, complete with a shield, standing in the middle of the road. Gravus was already speaking with the man, apparently a knight of some sort, and a moment later, invited him into the group. Andros scowled beneath his mask- it wasn't his place to decide who joined up and who didn't, but the lord seemed awfully trusting for someone who had warned them of dangers ahead scarcely an hour before. "Strange sight," he said as the knight drew closer, "to see a man such as yourself wandering the roads alone. Stranger still to see him on the one road we happen to be traveling."

The_Lost_Foxtrot

Luwd uf Shoduws
    Mathias was walking among the trees just off the road, it was safer than beoing in the middle of it and be ambushed by bandits. Just as he thought that he heard rustling from thee opposite side of him, he heard people talking about waiting til some unlucky person would travel the route.

Mathias narrowed his eyes before casting a invisibility spell on himself and snuk up on the bandits. It was five of them, two Heavy hiters, one Archer and two swordsman by the looks of it. The Grimm drew out The Fallen One and Ravens Claw. he felt the spell wear off as he plunged the dagger into the throat of one swordsman and decapitated the Archer With his sword. The rest of the bandits jumped back in fright "ah plops! kill 'im!" the last swordsman, apparently the leader, ordered the two Heavy hiters, they pulled out their weapons and charged at the assassin, whom only spinned his sword before walking quickly at the men. The bandit leader watched in horror as Mathias danced around his men like they were nothing. Mathias was starting to become bored With said bandits and raised his hand, casting a calming spell on the bandit With a Battle Axe, making him stopped fighting, thats when Mathias spun The Fallen One, the bandit dropped to the ground headless.

The last Heavy hiter raised his great sword With a raged shout before cutting downwards, only to miss Mathias whom plunged Ravens Claw into the bandits eye, killing him instantly. The leader backed off before turning around and ran out of the woods and onto the road, wich was occupied by a few wagons and soldiers, and what looked like Mercenaries. The bandit leader got an idea as he stopped infront of the first wagon, on it stood sat a Breton whom was in well made armor. "Halt, what are you doing out here?" the lord asked the bandit, whom was panting hard from runnign "y-you got to h-help m-me. T-there was a m-man that k-killed a-all my f-friends! ple-" he stopped out of the blue. Only for blood to start pouring out of his mouth as he gagged, behind him Mathias appeared, a cloaking spell having worn off.

He dropped the bandit and stepped up to the lord "why did you kill him?" the Breton asked cautiously, a hand on his weapon. "Because that man and his friends as he called them were bandits, waiting to ambush anyone" the assassin stated in a calm and Cold voice, his eyes glowing With Power. "Are you by any chance Lord Gravus?" Mathias asked in a indifferent tone, putting most of the guards on edge, "I am, what does it matter to you?" Gravus confirmed, now curious about why the assassin in front of him was looking for him. Mathias nodded and bowed, hand over heart "I have come to give my sword to your mission for your home my lord" he declared much to the suprise of the lord and his advisors whom had walked up just behind their liege. Lord Gravus smiled at the assassin "why of course! you are welcome, let me introduce you to Gavin Feller my master of coin, and Tollis Thraen my advisor" He told the fox themed assassin. The two men nodded to Mathias whom bowed his head slightly "now if you would just follow us then we will be on our way, lets move!" he shouted as he and his advisors walked back to the first wagon and satt Down on it.

"I didn't get your name" Gravus said as he looked down at Mathias. The young man only pulled out a white rose tainted in blood and handed it to the lord whom paled slightly, knowing the Flowers meaning, "call me The Grimm" he told Gravus as he stepped back a little back beside the wagon, looking at the gathered mercs walking among the guards and wagons while humming a song quietly. The ones standing out for him being the giant argonian and the woman in a dress, she was from a noble Family by the looks of it. She seems to be staying close to lord Gravus like he himself was.

Last edited:

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    Pyrus nodded at the swordsmans words. "And that's what concerns me. We are marching towards this place blind. Bandits, wild animals, these do not pose a challenge. Gravus' soldiers could handle them with no difficulty. It is what awaits us at the end of this road that worries me so." Shouts and movement ahead caught his attention, and the paladin placed a cautious hand on his hammer. Several soldiers rushed ahead to see what the commotion was about, and, Pyrus noted, the masked man who'd introduced himself as Andros was with them. More voices, calmer now, and lord Gravus' among them, could be heard.

Pyrus left the wagon unguarded to come around the bend and get a good look at whoever the leader of their expedition was speaking with. To the paladins surprise, the man was covered head to toe in steel, a heater shield on his left arm, with a depiction of some bird of prey upon it. Despite being unable to see the mans' face, Gravus happily accepted him into the group, instructing him to guard the wagons, as the others were doing. The knight moved to join them, and was immediately challenged by Andros. Pyrus' approval of the man climbed upwards- if nothing else, he shared the paladins' suspicions.

They had barely begun moving again when yet more shouts and screams reached his ears. This time, Pyrus did draw his weapon, shouldering his way past the others to get as close to Gravus as he could. He noted that his sister had drawn her own slender blade, but her own gaze was on the trees nearest her. Pyrus had only just reached the lords' carriage when a masked man beheaded a filthy looking human. Gravus questioned the killer directly, with little thought to his own safety, despite Tollis Thraen whispering urgently into the young bretons' ear.

Once more Gravus accepted the man into the group, and asked after his name. In response, the newcomer withdrew a white rose, flecked with red, and handed it to him. The noble paled slightly, obviously recognizing it. That alone was enough to have Pyrus resolving to keep an eye on the man, even as he moved to join the rest.

Kira revealed that she'd grown up in a village no far from where they were at the moment, but she hadn't been back for half of her life. That seemed...strange. Jysella was nowhere near as suspicious as her twin, but a young woman like Kira deciding to up and leave her village without once turning back...it was certainly a little strange, but before she could push for answers Kira asked about Jysella's own home. "My brother and I grew up in a small village in the east of Cyrodiil. At the edge of the great forest. We used to love going for walks through the woods. Until-" shouting from up ahead drew her attention, and she had her blade out in an instant.

She stepped forwards, shielding the breton. "Be ready" she told Kira, her eyes scanning the trees nearest them. The noise had come from up ahead, but the paladin had come across many decoys making a racket so that their friends could slink into position. She saw her brother pushing up with a group of soldiers in pursuit. A moment passed. Then two. The fingers of Jysellas' free hand began to tap against her thigh, and with an effort, she managed to make them still. Then two men, one in heavy plate armour, the other with a foxlike mask and long robes over light-looking armour. "More friends, I suppose." She murmured, sheathing her sword.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Landron turned his helmeted head towards the man who'd spoken. He guessed a nord, but it could just have easily been an imperial or redguard under that mask. Suspicion was clear in his tone, and the breton noticed that he kept a hand near the great axe he carried. "If I wished you harm, I would not have waited this long to cut you down, my good sir." He pointed turned his back on the man before joining the rest of the wagons making their way along the forest road. The man did have point; the dense trees provided ample coverage for an ambush. He hadn't come across bandits on his way, but neither had he come across many travelers. It seemed the common people had no real desire to travel this road, and bandit presence was lessened because of it. That was his theory, at least until he heard shouts and screams from ahead.

The knight drew Lament, the blade gleaming in the afternoon sun, and strode forwards, noticing a pair of imperials who might have been related, given the similiarities between them, were also readying weapons alongside the soldiers. Shortly before he reached the front of the train of wagons, a disheveled, man leapt out of the tree line, screeching about help and murdered friends. The lord began to question him, but before the out of breath individual could form a proper response, a second figure appeared behind the man, his face shrouded by a canine mask. A moment later, the first man collapsed, minus his head. Finally, Landron reached the front of the group of soldiers and adventurers. Gravus was in the middle of questioning the fox-faced man, who was offering his sword in service. Then he gave his name, along with a bloodied white rose.

"Now him, I'd be suspicious of." Landron drawled the axe wielder. "My lord, perhaps you would agree to have myself or one of the others guard you atop the wagon. Assassins have a way of...finding unconventional ways to kill." As he said that, he fixed his gaze on the Grimm, still not having lowered Lament. "Nonsense! I'm perfectly well protected, sir knight. I must admit, I am disappointed in you. I thought the knights of Jelhenna were more courteous than this. Put that blade away."

"As you wish, my lord." Landron obeyed with a scowl, and returned to one of the wagons that had yet to be assigned an escort.

Signus

Under his helm, Andros' eyes narrowed. He hadn't met many knights of High Rock, none, in fact, but he was fairly sure they didn't casually threaten their allies. Before he could respond to the knight, he drew his sword, alerted by shouts and the sounds of battle ahead. He shifted his axe from resting against his shoulder to a ready, two handed grip, and pursued the knight to the front of the carriage line. Pyrus, the paladin was also moving forwards, a short warhammer clenched in his fist. The vampire bounty hunter was careful to keep a good distance from the man, but continued moving. As it turned out, they were not under attack. A masked man, was explaining his execution of a bandit, probably the headless corpse in the road.

The bandits' killer offered his services to Gravus, who accepted. The knight, if that's what he really was, protested, one of the few to have not sheathed his sword. Curious, Andros stepped closer, wondering if the breton knew something the rest of them did not. "Now him, I'd be suspicious of." The knight suggested in a low voice. Lord Gravus was somewhat less than amused, voicing disappointment and ordering him to sheathe his sword. A pair of soldiers stepped forwards and grabbed the dead mans legs, dragging him off the road, and leaving a bloody smear. The sight of fresh blood reminded Andros that he had not fed in nearly two days, but he clenched his jaw, and turned away. Tempting as it was, blood from a corpse was somewhat...less than nourishing for his kind. He'd found that out the hard way in the frantic days of throat searing pain after he'd first turned.

As they started to move again, Andros fell in beside the knight. "Our newest member seems to have you on edge. What do you know of him?"
    More importantly, was there a bounty to collect there? He didn't think Gravus would attempt to cross them on payment, but they had to survive his quest, first. If this assassin had a price on his head...there was an opportunity.

Rafen

Hjorik Blackmane, better known as the 'Butcher of Riverwood' drifted through the forests of High Rock. Though he was not nearly as silent as a true ranger, with dead branches crunching loudly under his heavy boots, and twigs snapping against his armor, those who were paying attention would have easily heard him. But it went both ways, and the nord could hear the voices of many individuals up ahead. He could also hear the sound of hooves striking the road of stone and packed earth, the creak of wood, possibly wagons. That gave him pause, and he loosened the Wolfblade in its' sheathe.

He was in High Rock for two reasons- the first, was the summons from the mysterious lord Gravus. The second was a notice about a group of dangerous bandits haunting the wilds of High Rock. He'd learned how to read tracks in the wild after he'd left his family behind and set out to redeem himself. The bandits Hjorik tracked were notorious for leaving no prisoners, and several counts and dukes had offered massive rewards for their heads. Or the leaders heads anyways.

The sounds he'd heard from up ahead, however, did not sound like bandits, and with the dangerous roads, it was unlikely it was a mere merchant caravan. The nord had heard the sounds of battle a quarter of an hour before hand, but they had faded to nothing by now. Had the bandits finally met their match in attacking a group of mercenaries, or well armed adventurers? If so, it was good that they had been brought to justice, even if it annoyed Hjorik that he had not been the one to do so. He came to a clearing and found some answers. Several men in the garb of outlaws, or perhaps hunters, though the lack of bows made him doubt it. They'd been dispatched with surprisingly skilled cuts, and it seemed the work of one man.

Which meant the greater noises from up ahead were indeed a caravan or band of mercenaries. Or perhaps even lord Gravus and his retinue. The letter he'd read had informed him that Gravus would be near the village of Crossmore. With a woodsmans skill, Hjorik Blackmane made his way to the road, hand still on the hilt of the Wolfblade, but making no threatening moves. As he'd suspected a large group was assembled around several wagons, just coming around a bend in the road. Three men rode in the first wagon, one a corpulent, obviously rich individual with his fine clothes and ring covered fingers, the second a gaunt mage with graying hair, and the third a dark haired young man with a sword on his belt, despite the tunic he wore.

Hjorik lifted his free hand in greeting. "Hail. I am Hjorik Blackmane. One of you wouldn't happen to be lord Gravus, would you?"

The dark hair man spoke, "I am he. Tell me, what brings a man such as yourself to these uncivilized parts? You don't look the part of a bandit."

"I am no bandit. I was hunting a group said to operate in these parts. But it seems someone got to them before I could." Hjorik explained, fully aware of the large group of soldiers and adventurers eyeing him warily. "Would that be your groups doing?"

"Yes. One of our more recent members, in fact, joining us only a few moments ago." Gravus nodded to the fox-masked man standing nearby. "If you seek to join us, you are more than welcome." The lord added.

"Aye. I've traveled long to find you and your ah..." he glanced at the adventurers, "companions. I'll be sure to make myself valuable to your cause, my lord."

He took his place next to the fox-faced man. "You cleared out the bandits then, eh? That was good work." He congratulated him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts