Delphine: Alligator mouth, Tweety Bird A**

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

So, was watching my gf play her new build today, and I realized something. Delphine, the Blade, is in Farengar's office when the dragon attacks the Western Watchtower. None of the Jarl's horses and several of the Jarl's men go toe-to-toe with this thing, along with the dragonborn and the Jarl's housecarl, but Delphine was...uh...sick that day...or something.

The other day with a different build, we noticed that when a dragon attacked her on the top of the Sky Haven Temple, no Delphine. She sure talks a lot of poo for someone who calls out of every dragon day. Pffft.

The_Gunslinger

I've only seen Delphine once in Farengar's office when the Dragon attacks. And after multiple characters I am inclined to wonder if something triggers her being there like time of day or some dialogue option you unknowingly choose.

Or perhaps it's a totally random chance event.

JoeReese

I think she's only there once. This was a for-fun rant, just for something to talk about. We were musing to ourselves (yeah, we don't get out much...lol) about how she's the Clark Kent of Skyrim. She is there when you return with the dragonstone from Bleak Falls. She is disguised and doesn't really talk to you, but she's the one who gave Farengar its location.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
I think the only time Delphine is there at that specific time is when you go to Whiterun before doing the Golden Claw quest and getting the tablet early. You have to get it in the main questline's progression for her to show up.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I hate Delphine. She's a terrible character, and a terrible representative for the Blades. She goes on and on about honor and respect, and preserving the integrity of the Blades. Which, as we all know, is to serve, respect, and defend the Dragonborn. She rarely asks for your opinion, routinely shoves you into situations in which you could be hurt or killed while she "conveniently" cannot come along, and insults your intelligence even after she knows who you are. All the while harping about how she's preserving the all-honorable Blades. Though, the first time you don't do what she says, she refuses to work with you anymore, and will not listen to reason.

I think she needs a little lesson in honor and integrity from Jauffre and Baurus, to learn what it means to be a Blade, and not a total Rolling fuzzy kittenwagon.

JoeReese

LMAO Andante.

Yeah, this is after I completed the main quest but refused to kill Paarthunax. She is welcome to be butthurt all she wants, but I am not killing him. According to the stones on the way up the hill, he was petitioned by the Divines to help humans. That's good enough for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts