18+ Deliverance from His Vigilance [Private]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Ash crept through the long narrow hallway, confused and disoriented. Her pounding heart was almost deafening, dulling all other noise. She clenched her fists tighter as the anxiety that was filling her stomach became more unbearable at each passing moment. Her breathing, no matter how hard she tried to contain it, became unsteady and loud. Her mind raced in thought, wondering where she was, or how she had arrived there. And all she could do was walk. Walk the corridor that grew smaller the farther she went, constantly filling with more of the dark cloud making it difficult to breath. The deeper she went, the more she walked, the more fatigued she became. She found it difficult to stand up straight, to even take a step.

She could feel the hallway becoming narrow, and before she knew it, her shoulders squeezed against the damp stone walls. The urge to run was all that was keeping her moving. She started to find it more difficult to breathe now than before, and any sound started to deafen. She was forced into a sidle between the closing walls, and the impending sense of doom started to overwhelm her. Her body stuck between walls, with nothing but silence to greet her. Though she had stopped moving, the walls, darkness, and silence continued to set in. Her ribs squeezed between the stone, pressure building in her lungs. Her silent gasps for air were in vein, as she could only inhale the black cloud surrounding her.

Her eyes opened wide in panic, as the ground beneath her feet gave out, sending her into a free-fall. She hit the floor of a new room. Finding that she was unable to move from her position on the stone set ground. With her body paralyzed, she began to sense a second presence. Someone else, something else, was in the room with her. The urge to run filled her mind and body once again, but no matter how much she struggled, she could not move. Then, all that remained was deafening silence. Silence that was occasionally interrupted by the sound of breathing. Breathing that was not her own. She struggled to move her heavy body, as the breathing got closer. Then she felt the warm exhale on her face, the smell as foul as death. Her eyes searched for the source, but found nothing outside of the darkness that had plagued her vision.

Ash’s body jerked violently, as she rose from her position on the wagon. She leaned over her knees, attempting to catch her breath. Lupos placed a hand on her shoulder in worry, now kneeling at her feet. “Another nightmare,” she spoke softly, out of breath, “and they are getting more vivid.”

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Falco slammed the door shut behind him, his mind going haywire again. This was typical of a night like this. Grouping up with old friends had a tendency to bring out the worst in him.

Pounding came from the door behind him, and a shout followed. "Falco! You alright? What's happened?" The voice was worried, coming from one of his dearer friends. He called out to her, his voice rough. "I'm fine, Eira. Leave me. Please."

She pounded on the door further, only to stop shortly after. Falco sighed, his eyes clenched shut. "Damn it, Eira. You can't fix this." He said curtly under his breath. He undressed himself from his gear, and sat down on the bed, whispering a soft incantation before a rune circle spread from below him, surrounding him before emanating a soft violet glow.

Before it's effects could begin, a loud pounding came from the door, causing him to jump. "Laran, get outta there! The girl's worried sick about 'cha." He shook his head, his mind nearly collapsing before the rune's violet light went upward toward the ceiling, thankfully dimmed so it would not show outside the door. Stendarr only knew what they would make of his use of magicka. They'd likely have him killed. Friend or not. Eira would try to protect him, but...

The light enveloped him, and as he had hoped, became his own personal wall, surrounding him and blocking out any sound that was coming from the door. The spell had served as an encasing trap he had concocted. Something that he used to trap prisoners or marks before he had to take them back. It silenced the world around him, as well as pacified those that were inside its walls. It was the most peaceful place he could make at a moments notice, and only he knew how to get out of it.

Almost funny, that a prison he had built would be his only chance at true silence from his demons. Almost.

His eyes opened, his mind finally silencing for a moment. The only thing he could think about now was what the others were thinking behind that door. How they worried for him. He had been fine moments ago, playing a game of cards before someone said a trigger word, sending him into a fit of fear. Fear of his own memory.

How he wanted to explain it. But knew that they would think him mad or a scared child, afraid of scary demons and monsters. He couldn't blame them, though...

They hadn't seen what he had seen. What had caused him to make his way back through town, on his way to Falkreath to see an old friend, hoping to get revenge.

He had only stopped because of them, hoping to get to say a quick hello and board up with them for the night, as they were the last remaining friends he had left. The only one's he trusted to stay with for the night.

He certainly didn't know how to show it though, did he?

But he couldn't think on it long, as the effects of his new prison soon wiped the feeling of vengeance that near overwhelmed him. He sighed, closing his eyes and falling into a state of half slumber, ready to wait out his pursuers. He knew they would give up eventually.
    ---

His sleep was troubled, flashing shots of his time with this company went past him, going by quickly, but the pangs of pain they left remained. Images of his fallen friends, of the torn down city. Everything destroyed by the unclean hands of the damned dead. His heart ached for them, but soon felt a dark rage spur in him, building quickly. He growled his anger, his mind racing to find the one responsible, ready to loose an arrow right into the void he called a heart! A ending only fitting for the monster that did the same to him!

Falco roared his anger, shattering the dream state he had become enveloped in.

---

Falco awoke screaming, the violet walls still raised around him. He shook his head, feeling a sense of relief. As if the night terror had released his built tension. He sighed, running his hand through his hair before whispering again, letting the walls fall.

As they did, the silence became replaced by loud snores, coming from right outside the door to his room. He got up and got dressed, peeking out to see the lot of them resting outside, all aside from Eira, who stood facing the door. She didn't speak for a moment, but stepped over the sleeping bodies. "What got into you, Falco? Thought Sheo himself got ahold of you." He smiled, shaking his head. "Not sure what you mean." She looked to him, dumbfounded. "Don't play stupid with me. You know full well what happened." Falco falsely pondered, smirking. "I'm not so sure I do. I just remember playing cards then...hmm..." He shrugged. "Found myself sprawled on my floor with nothing on? Can't imagine how that happened." She looked to him, silent again, but this time more upset. "You're making a joke of this? I knew you weren't the serious type but, really? I was worried for you! The damned inn keeper was the only one keeping us from taking that door down!"

He shook his head, placing his hands on her shoulders. "Don't worry. Nothing happened. Must have been drunk is all. Lost my wits. But I'm alright now." He half-smiled. She shook her head. "Unbelievable. You continue to lie, even inches from my face." She stormed off leaving him behind. He leaped over the sleeping bodies, following after. "Eira wait. You don't understand." She stopped to turn around, her face contorted with frustration. "No, I don't. Only because you won't tell me. You seem distant, more so than before you went out on that bloody fool's errand with those filthy sell-swords. Then you come back, and you're a different person. You keep things from me. From all of us. What's gotten into you, Falco?" She called, looking him in the eye.

He stood their for a moment, looking back at her. "If it were an easy tale to tell, you'd have heard it by now." He got closer to her, his voice getting serious. "I cannot explain what happened while I was gone. I was doing good work with those "filthy sellswords" until we were attacked. I'm the only one who came back." He let her soak that in. "I saw something that day, that changed me. Made me...Made me..." He stopped short, his mind starting to haze. He couldn't use his rune again. Not now.

He had to get away.

He stormed out of the inn, reaching his horse as she followed. "Falco! Where are you going?" He turned to her. "I'm going back to the Vigil. I need to get back to work." He got on his horse, and she got closer. "Falco. Just stay with us! Rest for a few days. Think about this. The Vigil aren't good people. They are witch hunters who prance around scaring people with their talk of demons and monsters." His face hardened. "If that's all you think of us, running around chasing monsters that don't exist..." He turned his horse to face toward Falkreath. "Then I needn't stay any longer." With that, he kicked his horse, and the raced off, not hearing Eira call after him. She wouldn't understand what he had seen. Why he knew that the Vigil was his only hope.

The only way to fight back against the fiends that did this to him.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts