• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I now have Lakeview Manor built and Lydia the Steward is slowly decorating most of the interior for me. I've put in a couple of mods that mean I have an armory in the north wing and the annoying room behind the main hall is a decent library. My east wing is the kitchen and west wing is the bedroom suite.

In the basement I've got an extended amount of space (from another mod) in which I've got a couple of beds and put the enchanting and alchemy stations (which will be removed from the main hall once they're done). I'm using the standard cupboard near those, which I think gives a nice balance of storage and display - putting potions, soul gems etc on those.

Does anyone have any good ideas for other storage or display objects that would be good for storing and sorting ingredients, jewels or soulgems? I don't want to go too over the top with it, but just putting in a couple of chests would be practical but not very good looking and immersive. I'm also not a fan of the alchemist's satchel...

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I now have Lakeview Manor built and Lydia the Steward is slowly decorating most of the interior for me. I've put in a couple of mods that mean I have an armory in the north wing and the annoying room behind the main hall is a decent library. My east wing is the kitchen and west wing is the bedroom suite.

In the basement I've got an extended amount of space (from another mod) in which I've got a couple of beds and put the enchanting and alchemy stations (which will be removed from the main hall once they're done). I'm using the standard cupboard near those, which I think gives a nice balance of storage and display - putting potions, soul gems etc on those.

Does anyone have any good ideas for other storage or display objects that would be good for storing and sorting ingredients, jewels or soulgems? I don't want to go too over the top with it, but just putting in a couple of chests would be practical but not very good looking and immersive. I'm also not a fan of the alchemist's satchel...

If you have access to the urns in Solstheim (via mod?), then I would recommend a few of those. If I had access to any storage container I would want a few of those crusty urns that are in nordic ruins to store various bones and skulls.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So, how many statues of Dibella do you have in your house? I currently have 7 displayed in Breezehome. Frankly, I didn't even know there were 7 of them to acquire in all of Skyrim.

Of course 2 of them were aquired as they respawned in the same location as the original one, but still!

In other words, I have lotsa naked lady golden statues at my place. :)

I've got 4 statues of dibella on display, plus another in a chest until I work out what to do with it. They look good. In the bedroom I have one of the eyes of the falmer (although that may need to be moved as it's VERY shiny), plus a few bugs in jars to entertain the kids.

Still not decided on the basement storage, it's looking a little underloved down there.

Adam Warlock

Although getting them to sit right side up can sometimes be a chore , I really enjoy having the critters in jars(moth , bee , etc.) as decorations . The added movement and color add something that static objects don`t bring to the table.
I also don`t sell to Delvin Mallory those special quest items like the Bee Statue and the Bust of the Gray Fox, etc. to use for decorations.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts