• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

Anybody ever upsmith the entire Dawnguard?

I took every member of the Dawnguard (that I could, a few of them won't follow) home, upsmithed their weapons and enchanted them with fire and frost, and then returned them to the fort. I kept doing this until everybody I could possibly get to follow me had legendary weapons with dual enchantments. Then, I attacked Volkihar.

It was not a long engagement, but it was great watching them lay flat all in their path. I got to kill one gargoyle the whole time. They wiped out everything else.

Chadonraz

It seems to me that the DG flatten the vamps even with their default equipment. I know last time I only needed to kill Harkon (obviously), although I did take out Garan Marethi as well. :cool:

You didn't happen to video the fight, did you? Cause it sounds pretty cool. :D

JClarke1953

I'm unsure of Jeremy's remark of "unbalancing". I have used the Alchemy/Enchant exploit and my fight with Harkon was one for the books. Took me a good 20-minutes or more to kill him. Heck, Alduin was easier, yet still a great fight.

Frankly, I'm finding many of my opponents have been more difficult to take out, even the Dragon's because of how I have my Forsworn armor, circlet, ring, necklace and boots set. I play on an XBox, so I'm unsure of how/why the difficulty has increased, but I do enjoy the fights.

JoeReese

And smithing ruins another cool thing.

When will people learn not to unbalance the sides of a fight?
It's a game, a one-player game at that. Balanced or unbalanced, ruined or enhanced is as the player (in this case, me) decides it is.

JoeReese

It seems to me that the DG flatten the vamps even with their default equipment. I know last time I only needed to kill Harkon (obviously), although I did take out Garan Marethi as well. :cool:

No, sorry...I don't have fraps or anything installed to record it with.

JClarke1953

No, sorry...I don't have fraps or anything installed to record it with.

I know how you feel. Wish I had some way to record a couple of great battle's as well. I'm lucky to get a decent pic with my iPad when I can.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
I'm unsure of Jeremy's remark of "unbalancing". I have used the Alchemy/Enchant exploit and my fight with Harkon was one for the books. Took me a good 20-minutes or more to kill him. Heck, Alduin was easier, yet still a great fight.

Frankly, I'm finding many of my opponents have been more difficult to take out, even the Dragon's because of how I have my Forsworn armor, circlet, ring, necklace and boots set. I play on an XBox, so I'm unsure of how/why the difficulty has increased, but I do enjoy the fights.

I mean stacking the deck in one side's favor. I never use two crafting skills for that very reason, along with RP.

Giving the stormcloaks in the final CW quest for their side daedric or dragon weapons is unbalancing the fight.

It's a game, a one-player game at that. Balanced or unbalanced, ruined or enhanced is as the player (in this case, me) decides it is.

I understand that this is a single-player game, but cool scenes lose their luster when you stack the deck. Such as the Dawnguard attacking the vampires who are powerful, but drop in one hit when you smith and enchant weapons for the dawnguard.

JoeReese

Well, if I ever come over and overpower the NPCs on your game, you'll have a valid reason to have a problem with it. As long as I'm overpowering my own, what's the big deal?

Reactions: Atz

Atz

I really like the way we have options in this game . I really have to hand it to JoeReese , man that is a great idea Joe , I'm going to ( borrow your gear up program ) and Kill ALL those Blood Suckers . Thanks for sharing ;)

Jurgarik Greycloak

Well, if I ever come over and overpower the NPCs on your game, you'll have a valid reason to have a problem with it. As long as I'm overpowering my own, what's the big deal?

It is simply a principle thing with me. The NPCs in the game have the weapons they have for a reason, and players found a way to ruin the balance between factions by upgrading them to godhood.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
when it comes to balanced or unbalanced then I am definitely unbalanced as all but 1 or my characters are omniponent when it comes to battle itself even though I could decimate the entire battlefield within a few seconds I usually let the battles drag on for the fun of it and I mainly RolePlay in battle, that's my challenge to create a truly immersive atmosphere.

Atz

It is simply a principle thing with me. The NPCs in the game have the weapons they have for a reason, and players found a way to ruin the balance between factions by upgrading them to godhood.

Jeremy .. I respect your style and being very honest about how you see your role in game . Man this game is so flexable and so much fun to try different things . Be Well and have FUN :) Joe and Atz we have our style which is to BASH every thing :cowboy:

JoeReese

I suspect this is going the way of "ruining perfectly good eggs with ketchup," or "ruining perfectly good coffee with cream and sugar." Best I can tell you is "if you don't like it, don't do it," but I like it.

Jurgarik Greycloak

I suspect this is going the way of "ruining perfectly good eggs with ketchup," or "ruining perfectly good coffee with cream and sugar." Best I can tell you is "if you don't like it, don't do it," but I like it.

You could say that. Just feel that godhooding NPCs in terms of their power and protection is just plain dull.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts