• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cain the Hunter

I don't know how to start the dawnguard quests. I heard you have to be level 10 but I'm level 9 and these vampires are already killing npc's. HOw do i stop them? Please help!

CSnipez45

The Alpha Kitty!
You have to be at least level 10. Go to any of the holds (I went to Whiterun) and talk to a guard. They tell you about a vampire hunting group called Dawnguard that is looking for new recruits. The quest to find Fort Dawnguard should trigger automatically. The quest marker should lead you to a cave. Once you enter you encounter a young farmer on his way to the fort to become a vampire hunter also. He will ask you if you want to join him on his walk to the fort and you just follow the path up to the castle. The walk should be enemy free (it was for me). Before entering the fort, you might want to talk to the guy shooting targets with a crossbow. He will give you a free crossbow and some steel bolts. Happy vampire hunting!

CSnipez45

The Alpha Kitty!
Next time you need help on a quest or something, the Skyrim Help section should be where you post it. The Dawnguard section is just where you talk about the DLC. I might be wrong though. I'm a new member too.

Some of us Sky Rim Addicts use the very 1st vanilla game to lvl up to about lvl 20 , then install all of the DLC . Gives you a better chance of not losing to many Blacksmith's early on. That's kinda a weak way to do it I guess but it works for some of us. :) Welcome to the Forums and kill at least 20 of those blood suckers for me .... Thanks and good hunting.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
I also have a question:
I have made a new Breton, and normally I did the dawnguard quest line first so the vampire attacks go down. I was wonder though how often do vampire attacks before you start the quest line?

I was hoping to do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood first before I do the Dawnguard.

CSnipez45

The Alpha Kitty!
I also have a question:
I have made a new Breton, and normally I did the dawnguard quest line first so the vampire attacks go down. I was wonder though how often do vampire attacks before you start the quest line?

I was hoping to do the thieves guild and dark brotherhood first before I do the Dawnguard.
I'm pretty sure vampire attacks are just as common as dragon attacks. Both dragons and vampires attacked me once as I was going to the general store to get straw for the Hearthfire DLC. (Just a normal day in Skyrim.) Same thing applies with the Dawnguard questline. The vampire attacks don't start until lvl 10.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
You can go straight to Fort Dawnguard as soon as leaving Helgen, you do not need to wait until any level

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
You can go straight to Fort Dawnguard as soon as leaving Helgen, you do not need to wait until any level

Did not know that... Good info.

Hmmmmmm... That might be enough to warrant a restart. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts