• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Matt Barry

Haha i lost my level 60 mage as well. 100 destruction legit! But now I have an redguard beast but now it gives me the chance to join the dawnguard instead of the vampires. I enjoy the Dawnguard much more because of the crossbow.

Matt Barry

Another interesting thing about Chasing Echoes is the Soul Cairn. This realm holds a plethora of valuable items that most people tend to miss if they go straight towards Valerica or whatever her name is. There are many chests and valuable items to be found, especially deadra hearts. I collected over 13 through the entire mission. It is worthwhile to spend the time to explore the Soul Cairn

Magechess

Matt - I tried obtaining the Dragon Elder Scroll first (I had sold it to the librarian at the Mage's College, so I just bought it back), but that didn't help me with the follower issue. Considering the plethora of different things I've tried to get rid of the invisible follower, I'm tempted to just aquiesce to the idea that starting all over is the only way to get through this, and I'm just not prepared to leave my level 69 Redguard mace-dual-weilding badass in favor of a newbie character just yet. It saddens me that that's the only way to get around this issue, but that may be the case. I'm going to go crawl into a fetal position and cry now...
Where i killed my bandits they were at Mzinchaleft

Magechess

Which is (if you don't have it) north of Hall of the Vigilant, East to Dimhollow Crypt, West to Dawnstar, and South to The Wreck of the Brinehammer, Also like right in between Dawnstar and Morthal

not everyone remembers but during one of the quest in white run you get a follower who protects you, well if you have a home she or he is usually upstairs sitting down in your room, well what you do is tell her to follow you then, ask her again but this time tell her we must part ways like i recently did then go back to serana and you will be able to continue this mission.

Septim

Well I'm telling you this Jato, I will not give up my level 81 High Elf crossbow badass if it's the last thing I do! :cool:

Jato

Well, I finally got Serana to look beyond the imaginary follower and she let me into the castle, though I'm not quite sure how it happened. I traveled around for awhile, doing various jobs for the Mages' College, the Aetherian Crystal quest with Katria, and a few other random errands. I had a theory that a follower in the Aetherian quest, Katria, would solve my problem when she began to follow me, and then departed at the end of the quest. After that I went back to Serana, but received the same response, so that wasn't the fix.
I also experienced a glitch where every time I sprinted, I would hear a rapid succession of follower talk, like "I've got your back." or "Just lead the way."... I would stop, look around, and there would be no one there. If I resumed sprinting, the voice would start talking again, so I eventually just re-loaded three saves prior to the glitch, and it went away. That may have been what cured the follower issue with Serana, but I have no evidence to substaniate that. Anywho, it's working now, and the entire follwer function (with Serana or anyone else) appears to be fixed. My final guess is that enough activity and subsequent saves had to occur for the follower issue to reset.
Happy gaming!

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
OK...I'm fairly certain this issue is directly related to the "follower-won't-leave-you" bug, usually in conjunction with Companion quests. I had an issue awhile back where Farkas kept running after me, even if I told him to "part ways". He eventually ticked me off enough that I killed him - big mistake. I think the game still thinks Farkas is following me, though he's lying face-down/ass-up in a meadow somewhere. This is unfixable, and several other forums indicate that unless you go back to a save point before the "event" you can't undo it by waiting, taking on other follower quests, or by any other means. I guess I'll have to shelf Skyrim in favor of other means of entertainment until a patch comes out for this issue, since it's now brought the Dawnguard quest to complete halt. Thanks Bethesda...great programming.

I had this exact thing happen to me. I entered Whiterun, I see Farkas charging at me down the street running all the way from Jorvaskar. He gets to me and opens a dialog screen. I dismiss him, he does it again. Following me and harassing me. I try to leave the city, he follows. I tell him it's time to part ways, he agrees but ignores me.

What I did was I unequipped my weapon and punched a guard (four times to initiate combat). All the guards turned on Farkas, killing him. Oddly, they left me alone. That fixed the problem. Later that evening, a courier tracked me down at my home in Markarth informing me of Farkas's death. It seems the big dope had me in his will, I kept the note and the meager sum of gold.

Sad story, but that's not the end of it. It gets weirder from here!

Whiterun is my center of operations. I am there often and over the next few days of gameplay I had to pass over poor Farkas's corpse, dead as a doornail. It made me sad seeing him, I really did like the big stupid oaf, so I decided to drag him out of the gutter like some sort of huge nord roadkill and placed him on the lawn of the Temple of Arkay. A proper Nord burial for my poor, over-eager friend Farkas.

Days pass. I was in the process of leveling so I could encounter "A Legendary Dragon". On today's menu was leveling heavy armor. I arrived at the courtyard behind Jorvaskaar with my zombie thrall, a dunmer bandit chief now paying the price for his life of crime. Had he known that this is what the afterlife held in store for him, he may have decided not to set up that skooma den north of Riften.

We started to spar, me defending and healing, my pet attacking. Hard work, but I could feel my proficiency with heavy armor increasing. The companions always enjoy watching me spar with my unfortunate thralls and soon they had all gathered around to cheer and place bets. Popular money's always on "the big one". Me invariably being "the small one", I can't help but be a little offended. I peer out from behind my dragon bone shield at the familiar faces. Fierce Aela, noble Vilkas, Athis, the best sword-arm with a short blade The Companions had to offer. Even timid Ria was cheering from the shade of the back porch...and..who is that with her? None other than FARKAS! BACK FROM THE DEAD!

I couldn't believe it. I lowered by shield, signifying to my zombie slave that our sparring session had ended. I ran up to Farkas and welcomed him back by paying for some heavy armor training!

It was a miracle of Arkay, I tell you. I think Vilkas had tears in his eyes, the milkdrinker.

Adam Warlock

I`ve heard a few stories about revived Companions including Ria , but this is the best one yet.

The reason I`ve heard given for this happening is that certain Companions will respawn due to the reoccurence of those random encounters where you see them in the countryside killing bears and the like.

Or it could have been Arkay as you say. I`ll have to ask Florentius about it , they talk together all the time.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I've had resurrections happen before, usually in connection with the Dead Thrall spell. I make many thralls, and dispose of them just as casually. It turns bandits from a nuisance to a resource, and gives me a chance to punish characters I hate like Ulfric's general Galmar who made a wonderful zombie. However I have found that if I abandon a thrall, they can on occasion return to life.

I've been attacked more than once within Whiterun and other places by my former *ehem* Employees, including a Penitus Oculatus agent from The Dark Brotherhood quest I abandoned in front of a cave in The Reach and the deadly magic-user at the end of the Peryite daedric quest line I left to rot in the gutters of solitude.

I've attempted to use my powers for good, returning the star-crossed lovers I found dead by a tree stump in the reach. I really should check on them one day to see if I was successful.

This has started a now long-standing policy for disposing of any Thralls I tire of (and hearing "That spell looks dangerous, Keep your distance!" does get tiring quickly) by decapitating with a blade, or incinerating with Lightning Storm. This seems to solve the problem.

I had attempted to make Farkas my thrall, and so hoped to bring him back to life in the same manner. His level was too high, his will too strong. Turns out he didn't need my help, anyway.

Robin Brownlow

I have killed loads of Bandits, Vampires, Dogs, Horses, Strangers in fact anyone or anything I have seen but I still cannot get past the "interloper" bug

Grey

you may type "help playerfollowercount" to check, than fix it by typing set playerfollowercount to 0.

this bug maybe cause by some Mods.

MsgtReaper

I FIGURED IT OUT! 100% POSITIVE. no need to restart or anything. the "interloper" is a companion you had with you that might have died and now is like stuck in limbo between following you and death. Unfortunately, I'm assuming it only works for PC to fix this issue because you need a console command: type in exactly like this: set playerfollowercount to 0 <-----that will solve the issue, at least it did for me, and i know what happened to my previous companion. Damn farkas died to a stupid trap in a dwemer ruin. Anyway, hope it works for the rest of you.

i've fixed the problem through out console the command will complete the objective for you so serana will think you've got rid of your follower and follows you now to the current quest objective

setstage DLC1VQ04 10

just type this straight in the console and everything should work just fine again. no problem guys.

climbingtman

I had this issue and i figured it out in the console type in set playerfollowercount to 0 and it should remove all followers you have. hope it helps

In the Chasing Echoes quest, I'm at the point where I'm supposed to "Speak to Serana" at the castle. So I meet her there, speak to her, and no matter what I do, after the prliminary greeting and my request to enter the castle's secret entrance, she says: "Well, I don't just take anyone... Get rid of this interloper and you and I can be on our way. I'll wait for you at the dock." My problem is that there is absolutely NO ONE else around. It doesn't matter if I speak to her at Dawnguard, at the Castle, or anywhere in between - she says the same thing. I have tried killing anyone within a half-mile radius - no joy. I've tried dropping everything I own, thinking maybe she's sensing a random soul in my inventory - no luck there either. No matter what I do, I can't get any other dialogue out of her, nor can I move forward with this quest, which is holding up the main quest, as well. Any one else encounter this?

This is an email response I got from Bethesda Support today
"Hi,
Jon,

To remove followers from your service, use the in game wait function and set it to 24 hours. Do this 3 times to wait 3 days. If you have any followers, they will leave you.

If you have any quest specific followers, you'll need to complete those quests first (For instance, "A Cornered Rat" requires Esbern to follow you. This would count as a follower).

Best regards,
Greg A.

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
This is an email response I got from Bethesda Support today
"Hi,
Jon,

To remove followers from your service, use the in game wait function and set it to 24 hours. Do this 3 times to wait 3 days. If you have any followers, they will leave you.

If you have any quest specific followers, you'll need to complete those quests first (For instance, "A Cornered Rat" requires Esbern to follow you. This would count as a follower).

Best regards,
Greg A.

Gasp! A company that sends messages back!

The ROBLOX corporation still hasn't replied to the Email I sent regarding my little sibling's account being hacked and then deleted.

PWE continues to ignore me about BLR texture bugs.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts