• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Clau

The Fateless One
Getting the Crown of the Sunken King this weekend. I heard two more are coming out soon. But why do I have a feeling that they will likely release a GOTY edition containing all of the DLCs?

Kohlar, you're not crazy. At least if you are I am, because I view video games much the same way: as works of art. And Skyrim is definitely one of the best works of art I've played. :) I haven't had the chance to play its predecessor yet - I ordered it from Gamefly but they sent out a different game instead for some reason - but I'm really looking forward to it. As for Dark Souls, I dunno. I've heard mixed reviews about it so I've been on the fence about whether or not to play it. I think I just might now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clau

The Fateless One
As much as I like Dark Souls 2, I honestly do not think it is GOTY material.

Yes, however I would welcome an edition that has the DLCs and maybe some more content much like its predecessor that had the Prepare to die edition. Much of this wanting comes from the unavailability of a season pass here in North America. I wish they also port this over to the next gen consoles and if so, a complete edition one.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Wish I could get in to those kind of games. I played a little bit of demon souls but it kicked my butt. I might try it again someday.
It's mostly about learning from your mistakes.

Clau

The Fateless One
Wish I could get in to those kind of games. I played a little bit of demon souls but it kicked my butt. I might try it again someday.
It's mostly about learning from your mistakes.

Plus patience goes a long way for Dark Souls. I once gave up DS when I couldn't beat Smough and Ornstein.....Alongside Peaches and 4 Kings.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
If anyones gonna play something in the Dark souls series, definately play Dark souls 1 (the original) DS 2, for me was a dissapointment, I still play it but it didn't grip me like numero uno, the realization that Location A is right next to B because you discovered a shortcut was mindblowing. Gah, Dark souls 1 felt great running around and learning each place was connected...wow.

Dark souls 2 is just places split up that you warp to, with no sense of connection. Like a broken Puzzle.

I found out one of the major directors in Dark souls 1 wasnt present in the second game, which has got to be a reason why it didn't have the same effect. This same guy is present and currently working on "Bloodborne" so yeah things look decent!

@Clau - did you enjoy the Crown of the Sunken King DLC? I only have ever bought 1 DLC in my time, and that was the artorias expansion for Dark souls 1 and I enjoyed every damn bit of it!

Some things improved in DS 2 like sprinting, and the animations, but the visuals went back a step.

I still to this day, have to stop and look at Anor Londo, theres no place in Dark souls 2 that comes close to Anor Londo from DS 1 :)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
If anyones gonna play something in the Dark souls series, definately play Dark souls 1 (the original) DS 2, for me was a dissapointment, I still play it but it didn't grip me like numero uno, the realization that Location A is right next to B because you discovered a shortcut was mindblowing. Gah, Dark souls 1 felt great running around and learning each place was connected...wow.

Dark souls 2 is just places split up that you warp to, with no sense of connection. Like a broken Puzzle.

I found out one of the major directors in Dark souls 1 wasnt present in the second game, which has got to be a reason why it didn't have the same effect. This same guy is present and currently working on "Bloodborne" so yeah things look decent!

@Clau - did you enjoy the Crown of the Sunken King DLC? I only have ever bought 1 DLC in my time, and that was the artorias expansion for Dark souls 1 and I enjoyed every damn bit of it!

Some things improved in DS 2 like sprinting, and the animations, but the visuals went back a step.

I still to this day, have to stop and look at Anor Londo, theres no place in Dark souls 2 that comes close to Anor Londo from DS 1 :)
I pretty much concur with all you've said. I still haven't picked DSII back up, but I will... I will.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I also have lost faith in Dark Souls 2. I will not be buying any of the dlcs, which are essentially cheap paywalls on the story that should have been there to begin with. The Japanese to English translations also either completely left out or completely misinterpreted much of the original lore. And then the lore that it does give us is either unimpactful and lacking conviction, or is just flat out poor. Difficulty also relies heavily on artificial substitutions as they throw in multiple enemies at once, or give them insanely buffed stats, or a combination of both to substitute for the natural challenge that the first game utilized. Ultimately, many of the original dev team, or at least some, did not participate in the sequel's development, and it shows.

All in all, Dark Souls 2 was a massive disappointment after I played it out, beat it a few times, and saw it for what it was.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts