• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    The cold presence had lifted Indicum smiled. Time to learn what he could about Salthar, Indicum thought. Possible employer or no, Indicum needed to learn about this powerful being. Indicum rolled into a crouch, and proceeded to the door. The woman noticed, but she didn't move to stop him. That one wants me dead likely, Indicum made a mental note to be wary of her as well. Indicum checked the lock, it was difficult but Indicum's ring had enchantments so he was confident he could crack it. Click, and soon Indicum was entering the small room. He saw the robe folded on top of the chest at the base of the bed. I see why he wears those, Indicum thought, he looks like a plague victim pale and thin maybe its just his height. Indicum had to move fast, lest that sword leaning against the bed become covered in his blood. Odd, Indicum looked at that small smile, thinking of a loved one. So the beast had a beauty in his heart, Indicum was confused, vampires can still feel human emotions. Focus, Indicum ignored the nags his mind had for skooma as he search through the vampire's pockets. Looking for something that could give him a better clue of this Embodiment of Fear. Ah, a letter written in a feminine hand, so he is married interesting. He stared at the title that she used like it was a pet name: The Terror of Falkreath. Oh divines save us, Indicum knew the name rumors spread from bandit camp to camp of the vampire anti-stormcloak movement. Indicum put everything back and relocked himself out. His face as pale as a recently turned. The wood elf just laughed but Indicum ignored her, he had more important business: praying to any being who would listen.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar slept deeply. His dreams brought him to the time he'd left Falkreath, nearly ten days ago.

The day was chilly, and overcast. Virani, his beloved wife of nearly five years, watches him as he saddles his mare and straps on his sword belt. "Must you go?" She asks, her voice calm, but longing. Salthar turns to her, his normally fierce expression softening when he beholds her long golden hair, and un marked face. He moves closer to her, leaning down to kiss her. "Yes, I must" Virani nodded, sighing.
    "You'll return?" she asks, her expression trusting.
    Salthar kisses her again, this time on the forehead. "I swear it" he promises.

While he sleeps, Salthar murmurs lightly "Virani" before sighing and shifting slightly in his sleep.

Drapor

"Drasok Ghett, the Dragon Knight, at your service"
    Drapor woke up in the middle of the night to a huge thirst for blood he wanted to resist but couldn't and ran out of the inn with the door slaming shut "Crap" he said sprinting into the village Who to feed on he looked over to see in the midst of the cold skyrim night, a backsmith sleeping at his forge "How thoughtful of him" Drapor said with a smirk. he drank anough to last him a while. He walked back into the inn and went back to bed Drifting of to sleep in minutes,he was hoping he wasn't caught.

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
    Avi did not bother to use one of the beds. His arthritis had died down since his last prey had... died. Anyway, the hardwood floor would make it easier for him to focus, thinking of a plan as he drifted off to sleep.
    Before his eyes shut, Avi's last thought was this:
    Vampires... Vampires are mixed up in this. We have a Dawnguard, two Vampires, and myself, a servant of Molag Bal, all brought together. But what are the other's connection?
    What are they?

Goldguard

The Rapier
    Galten lay on a bed waiting. He wasn't planning on sleeping. In the middle of the night, he heard someone getting up. As he expected, it was Drapor, going out to feed. He watched him leave and without him noticing Galten followed. He watched as Drapor fed on a blacksmith who fell asleep by his forge. As Drapor went back to the inn, Galten walked up to the blacksmith and examined him. He had seen many people that were victims of vampire feedings in his day as a Dawnguard. After examining the smith carefully, Galten knew the blacksmith still had plenty of blood left. He bent over the smiths neck and began to feed. Galten had not done this in years, and forgot how to control himself. He almost sucked enough blood to kill the smith, but luckily stopped in time. Feeding on Drapors victim meant that he didn't have to find someone else and he could avoid suspicion. Galten quietly entered the inn and after a few minutes, fell asleep on his bed.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Ysarth acknowledged the female Bosmer and continued to sharpen his dagger.
    Before long everyone had disappeared into their rooms and Ysarth decided to sit quietly next to the fire with the hood of his armour cloak pulled over his head. The inn was empty and the fire warm.
    Whilst staring at the fire, taking in its warmth, Drapor the hunter burst out of the inn followed shortly by the Dawnguard, both seeming to have a mission in mind.
    Both returned but the Bosmer first, looking quite satisfied. The Dawnguard re-entered the inn a few minutes after. Neither of them noticed him sitting by the hearth.
    Ysarth got up and walked over to the table they had sat at that night before; it was now early morning, the moon far on one end of the sky.
    He shuffled through the notes and found no patterns except that the writer or 'friend' was unanimously mutual. Ysarth backed his hood and sat in the warmed room, staring at the fire, waiting for the others to awaken.
    "I should assume he would have met us by now. Perhaps one of us has a quest and we must all join. That Bosmer named Drapor sought a bow that seemed very powerful and very rare. Perhaps we are here to assist him in seeking it out."
    Ysarth leaned back against the table and crossed his feet over each other, staring at them.
    He scratched the scars on his chin.
    "Not again. Not today. Not now. I shall suggest my theory to the rest once they awaken."
    Ysarth got up and approached the unoccupied bar and placed a handful of septims on the counter before grabbing a bowl and filling it with fruit from the small pantry. He retreated to his chair and bit into the first apple, chin itching.

Drapor

Drapor woke up and joined ysarth drapor nodded and sat down "Have you thought of any answers about this note" Drapor was curious, he knew ysarth had been quiet yesterday. so he wondered if he had any answers.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar awoke. It was early morning, and the vampire felt as refreshed as one of the dead could. Getting out of bed, he dressed, pants, boots, tunic, buckled his sword belt, and finally placed on his robe, pulling the hood up once again. He walked into the main room to see that Ysarth and Drapor were already awake. Pulling up a chair beside the Watcher, he nodded a greeting to his fellow elves.

" I assume you've been wondering about our anonymous friend?" Salthar inquired of Ysarth. He was in a good mood, especially having received his wife's letter shortly before arriving in Dawnstar. He even smiled at the others, a rare occurrence for the grim Altmer.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Ysarth nodded at Drapor when he seated himself next to Ysarth.
    Shortly after, the Altmer did the same.
    'I shall express what I think once everyone is awake and present, but for now, let me say I do not think anyone is coming to meet us, rather they have summoned us to present us with a quest.'
    He shifted in his chair and began on his second apple.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar wan't sure if his fellow Altmer was right or not, and he didn't care particularly. If it was a weapon, Salthar would have no use for it, but if it was something else, or if they happened to stumble across a treasure trove of valuables and books, Salthar would be more than interested. Especially if there was new spell tomes he could get his hands on.

"This weapon, Auriels Bow, that you were telling us about in Whiterun...who else have you told besides the people here?" The vampire was very serious. If someone wanted to eliminate competition, grouping them in one spot was the way to do it.

Drapor

OOC: Yourtalking to me right? if not ill change the post
    "Hmm" drapor said thinking "Nobody i remember, maybe someone in my tribe in cyrodiil But i was the only one to leave to skyrim, someone could have heard in whiterun but i don't think so" Drapor could see in the eyes of the altmer vampire he was serious.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "I see.." Salthar couldn't think of any other reason besides an ambush. "I can't think of any-" before he could finish his sentence, a huge boom from outside, sounding like a pair of giant hands clapping together, interrupted him, knocking over chairs and candles, and nearly knocking the vampire lord to the ground. "What in Oblivion was that?" He snarled, over more cracks and booming. Stumbling to the Inn's door, he wrenched it open and stepped outside.

The townsfolk were outside as well, pointing at the sky and yelling. Salthar looked up at well, and gasped in shock. The sky had turned a blood red, or rather, something above the clouds had, and forks of red lightning flashed among the clouds, although none hit the ground. "What in Oblivion...." he murmured, genuinely shocked for the first time in many years.

Goldguard

The Rapier
    A loud BOOM woke Galten suddenly and he fell of his bed. "By the Divines, what that?!" Galten looked into outside his room and saw Ysarth and Drapor. It seemed Salthar went outside to see what happened. Galten ran to the door and saw that all the townspeople were also outside, looking at the sky. Dragons?! thought Galten. But it was something worse. The sky was a crimson red and thunder boomed in the clouds. He turned to Salthar. "You got any idea whats going on?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar turned to Galten. The Dawnguard looked worried, and for good reason. Salthar wasn't absolutely certain what had caused the noise and lightning, but he knew magic had something to do with it. Well, magic probably had everything to do with it. Especially since Skyrim didn't often have freak lightning storms.
    Turning to Galten, he said "Nothing good.We'd better inform the others, if they're not already awake" with that, the vampire turned and walked away. He went to the stables and removed a single, thick book from his grey mare's saddle bag.

The title said : Varieties of Magical Storms and Catastrophes. Tucking the book under his arm, he headed back to the inn, picked up a candle in one hand, and sat in another corner of the inn,on his own. He opened the book, and set the wick of the candle on fire with simple spell. Then he began to read. The others would probably want to get a good look at the phenomenon as well. Salthar would let them. He feared he already knew what it meant.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    OOC: uh...I think you misread, there's no dragon.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Indicum woke up flailing, and he wished he could just for once get a good night sleep. The letter to Salthar that he read spooked Indicum so much he couldn't even keep a mental picture of the Wood Elf woman. Salthar and Galten stood out side. Everything had an oddly red tint, and Indicum wasn't very worried. He was in the pressence of legends in thier own time. Crap, Indicum thought, wait shouldn't the vampire be burning it should be morning. Odd, but not the pressing matter. I need my armor, I need to speak to my men. Indicum struggled to stand. This might be to big for a simple bandit, but still something this big with such big names their must be profit. Indicum yelled "I must get my armor and weapons!" and took off running to the ruins just outside Dawnstar where they set up camp. "We are taking shelter in the ruins just outside the city find me when we are moving."

Drapor

"Aghh!" darpor said falling to the ground he saw salthar an galten run out. he followed, ".." Drapor was speechless when he saw the red crimson sky. "It couldn't be....harkons work?" He saw salthar run back inside. he went back in after him to see some kind of ritual. drapor stood there watching what would happen

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Seraphina opened her eyes hearing the loud boom from outside. "What now?" she muttered angrily. She stepped outside looking at the red tint sky. "This is not good. Not good at all," she muttered to herself. She stepped back inside and spoke to the others, "Does anyone know why the sky is like that?"

She had a bad feeling that the answer was not going to be a good one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts