Dark Brotherhood Overhaul Quest ideas!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
This is for the the Dark Brotherhood Overhaul created by Shadowhunter377 and ideas have been given by many others and this is a thread dedicated to ideas for it so if you can give us some dark brotherhood quests like contracts and also some quests where you have to collect artifacts and make decicions for the Dark Brotherhood etc.

We would also like if some people could help with the modding because its going to be a mega mod which will take a long time so please help out if you can. We also need voice actors, character making and building of dungeons, Dark Brotherhood Sanctuaries and various houses and inns etc.

So come and help, it would be much appreciated!

Torok

How about the ability to put a contract on anyone and then carry out the contract yourself or wait for assasians to carry it out. It'll be like a spell or something.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
It sounds like a nice idea and maybe to build on that maybe a reward or something after you've done it? Good idea! So have you got any quests as we need a few of them and also can you use the ck?

Torok

Yeah, I got a bunch of quest ideas. What's the ck?

Torok

creation kit so what are the quest ideas

Kill the Blades (Delphine and Esbern.)
Kill Elenwen (Thereby driving the Thalmor out of Skyrim or something. Maybe it'll start a war between the DB and the Thalmor?)
Take out the Theives guild (A guild war starts perhaps?)

mamali

Kill the Blades (Delphine and Esbern.)
Kill Elenwen (Thereby driving the Thalmor out of Skyrim or something. Maybe it'll start a war between the DB and the Thalmor?)
Take out the Theives guild (A guild war starts perhaps?)
no way .some like me are in both dark brotherhood and Theives guild . cant take out Theives guild .

mamali

assassination of smugglers and murderers like hitman games . take out guards quietly , take their clothes and go to the target . more stealth , more money you get .

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
I like the idea about the thalmor but the others are needed in main quests and as mamali some are in both thieves guild and db. The thalmor though should become killable after the main quest

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
assassination of smugglers and murderers like hitman games . take out guards quietly , take their clothes and go to the target . more stealth , more money you get .
And yes we were thinking of more stealthy approaches like the db in oblivion so have you got any ideas?

mamali

imagine there is a another assassination group , like '' league of assassins '' , and they are taking over dark brother hood's business . so dark brotherhood is trying to fight them and take them out one by one . so every quest is finding and killing one of their guys or killing the targets before they do. is that a good idea ?

add some new people to dark brotherhood . some hot assassin girls would be great .

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
ahhh that is an idea we have already come up with and we have decided it could maybe be the morag tong from morrowind as the last remaining members have come togethher so have you got any quests to like weaken the morag tong and we were even thinking of making the morag tong a joinable faction but the idea of stopping them before they carry out a contract is a good idea!

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
and about the dark brotherhood and adding new people is that we were planning to make new sanctuaries for each hold and even a shrine of sithis now you can see why we need help on this because there is so much to be done and we have to make it before someone else does!

Torok

I like the idea about the thalmor but the others are needed in main quests and as mamali some are in both thieves guild and db. The thalmor though should become killable after the main quest

How about after the main quest is over then the Blades can become targets?

And how about a way to choose if you want to go after the targets?

Hmm, I like the Morag Tong idea, the game is sorta set up for faction feuding too as Silver Swords and Companions are continually fighting.

I think folks should have for options for carrying out contracts. Maybe Babette could give out certain contracts like Nazir. One thing that bugs me is that if I do Nazir contracts I do end up killing NPCs that I need for other small side quests. Just my 2 cents worth.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Torok i wil ask some of the others about the blades thing as it would be quite interesting

semper i know what you mean about the nazir contracts as that bugs me aswell and we will make targets that don't have side quests:)

A group dedicated to teetotalism hire you to kill all innkeepers.

PoisonPen

I think the Dark Brotherhood needs more variation in its radiant quests. The Thieves' Guild radiant quests give you a choice of pickpocketing, robberies, shilling, and so on. The Companions get you killing animals, rescuing hostages, getting into fistfights, and so on. Even the mages let you do different sorts of fetch quests. But the Dark Brotherhood does only one thing: murder people. And even there, the variation is negligible. You'd think after I'd killed the new lumberjack at the same mill a dozen times they might get suspicious when I show up.

There are all sorts of possibilities for Dark Brotherhood radiant quests which don't involve just murdering someone. For example:

* Intelligence gathering. You are sent to a random guardhouse to steal papers on guard schedules to permit one of your members to do a job. The catch? You can't kill any of the guards or they'll become suspicious, the job will be ruined, and you'll fail the mission.

* Intimidation. Just the threat of the Dark Brotherhood is enough to frighten people into compliance. You've been hired to wound someone, then escape. The catch is that you *must* be seen doing it in order for the victim to know the Dark Brotherhood is involved. If you kill the victim, the mission is failed. The trick is to do danage without killing -- which might be quite difficult at higher levels and lower difficulties, where a single blow is enough to kill 20x over.

* Rescue. One of the Dark Brotherhood's agents has been captured on a job and is facing execution. Your job is to break into prison and escape with the captive.

* Protect the target. Independent assassination must be discouraged. You've gotten word that an assassin plans to make a hit on someone. It's your job to prevent it! Shadow the target, wait until the assassin makes her or his move, then intercept and eliminate the assassin before the victim is killed.

* Hail Sithis! You are enjoined to desecrate a random altar, after which it will be blood-spattered for a week, during which time it will give a Blessing of Sithis instead of its usual blessing. After a week, it will be automatically cleaned and reconsecrated.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts