Xbox 360 "Dampened Spirits" Will Not Start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Klagmar

Hi, I am new to the forums with a question on the Thieves Guild questline. In what is apparently an issue others have had, after the quest "Loud and Clear" is completed, I do not get the next quest, "Dampened Spirits." All "solutions" to this problem have been one of two things -- either use console commands (I cannot since I have the 360 version) or that it was fixed with Patch 1.4 (clearly it was not as I am still having the issue).

Apparently what causes this issue is visiting the Honeybrew Meadery before starting the quest. As I literally did this in my first hour of play, reloading an earlier save isn't exactly an option. Is there any fix for this, or am I officially unable to complete the Thieves Guild quests?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I have just completed the whole Thieves Guild Quest Line on the latest Patch which is 1.5 & never experienced any problems.

Is there any quests marked as current in your menu ?

Klagmar

No, there are no Thieves Guild quests in my menu. You see, what's supposed to happen is Brynjolf tells you Maven wants to talk to you, "Loud and Clear" completes, and then "Dampened Spirits" begins. The first two things happen, but the quest does not start, and neither nor Brynjolf and Maven have any dialogue.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Have you tried reloading an earlier save ?

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Have you tried talking to Mercer? I think he's supposed to "induct" you into the guild.

Klagmar

Yes, I have tried loading earlier saves. The quest still does not start.

As for talking to Mercer, he has already inducted me and no longer has anything to say.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
As I said on another thread about the same quest..............
I'll have a look at this quest later today & try it with both a new character as well a character on an old save & see what is happening.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts