• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
I've completed the Dawnguard quest line, siding with the Dawnguard. Serana is able to to become a normal follower for me, and now has a dialogue option where I ask her about curing her vampirism. She now says something like, "I don't want to discuss this with you anymore." The wiki, however, says she will go to Falion in Morthal for a cure and then return to you. Will I now never be able to cure her because of the speech options I choose, or is there a specific place you must be in for her to except ( Fort Dawnguard, the Soul Cairn with Valerica, etc)? Also, for anyone who has managed to cure her, I assume that she looses the ability to turn you into a Vampire Lord; could you confirm this? Thanks.

Nick_Tbolt

I've completed the Dawnguard quest line, siding with the Dawnguard. Serana is able to to become a normal follower for me, and now has a dialogue option where I ask her about curing her vampirism. She now says something like, "I don't want to discuss this with you anymore." The wiki, however, says she will go to Falion in Morthal for a cure and then return to you. Will I now never be able to cure her because of the speech options I choose, or is there a specific place you must be in for her to except ( Fort Dawnguard, the Soul Cairn with Valerica, etc)? Also, for anyone who has managed to cure her, I assume that she looses the ability to turn you into a Vampire Lord; could you confirm this? Thanks.
Yes, once she got cured I can no longer ask to be turned into a vampire, but when i asked her about it, I followed the dialogue and she returned to me at Fort Dawnguard like 3 days later

Redguard level 81 - Enchanted Dragon Sword - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
So based on what you said, I think I must have just irritated her when choosing the dialogue options. Oh well, I don't really mind that she is a vampire and having the option for her to turn me will probably be nice in the long run.

Sen5esFail

I can't seem to find the dialogue for curing her either. Earlier before i completed the dawnguard questline i asked her randomly and she said (paraphrase) something like "cure this? this is a gift". I chose wrong me thinks.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
It might have something to do with your speech level. Nick, who said he cured her, is a level 81, so he has 100 speech. This just occurred to me; it seems unlikely however because Ive played skyrim a lot and never heard of anything like this before.

Nick_Tbolt

It might have something to do with your speech level. Nick, who said he cured her, is a level 81, so he has 100 speech. This just occurred to me; it seems unlikely however because Ive played skyrim a lot and never heard of anything like this before.
I don't know if that is accurate, it wasn't a persuasion/intimidation attempt. I also read that it depends on what you choose to say to her throughout the DLC, that may be the case.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Yeah, it probably was a pretty stupid idea on my part. Serana seemed quite happy with the majority of the dialogue I choose with her, though. I thought Bethesda did a much better than average job with developing Serana's character, especially in how your dialogue options affected your relationship with her. Still, I am curious if anyone else has some insight on this.

Sen5esFail

Yea, even though i screwed up with the dialogue and can't cure her, i appreciate how true bethesda has made the characters to what you say and do. I'll play this story line at least two more times anyway, just to see all the different outcomes.:Dragonborn:

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Just so I know for future playthroughs, what are the options one should choose when seeking to get her to cure herself? Or is it a function of everything you say to her from the moment you free her? Also, anyone who has any addtional insight is encouraged to post, as this seems to be something of interest to a lot of people.

Sen5esFail

I just remembered.... When i asked serana why she doesn't cure her disease i should have asked (paraphrase) "so your parents forced you to become a vampire?", this question would probably make her think about whether this was her choice. I forget what option i actually chose but it was more generic, and her reaction was very defensive.

Sen5esFail

I just remembered.... When i asked serana why she doesn't cure her disease i should have asked (paraphrase) "so your parents forced you to become a vampire?", this question would probably make her think about whether this was her choice. I forget what option i actually chose but it was more generic, and her reaction was very defensive.

ALSO, I JUST READ....you can't be pushy with her about curing it. wait to ask her until the end of the quest line. Thur you go.:D

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
I believe I first asked her right after exiting the vampire castle after defeating Harkon as a Dawnguard. I don't remember what dialogue I choose, but I generally kept my conversations with her pleasant and she seemed relatively happy with me throughout. Perhaps if I return to Fort DG, wait a few days after the central questline is over, and then ask her nicely she will agree? Sorry I am so clueless about this but I really want to be able to convince her to cure herself if I choose.

Nick_Tbolt

When I asked, she asked (paraphrased) Why would I do that? My response was "Look what it did to your family"

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Sweet, thank you very much! Now I've got to decide if I want her to be cured at all, haha. Anyone who has anything on why you did/ didn't cure her (or are/ aren't going to), please post it here.

Chryss

did you release her as a follower? because if she has to leave to do this on her own she cant if she is always with you.

Kage

My question is: Why would you want her Cured? What benefit could you possibly receive from it? I wouldn't do it even if I could. I'm not judging anyone for doing it, I'm just curios at the reasoning.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
My question is: Why would you want her Cured? What benefit could you possibly receive from it? I wouldn't do it even if I could. I'm not judging anyone for doing it, I'm just curios at the reasoning.

She seems to have found her place at Fort Dawnguard. If she's cured, she may earn the trust of Isran and the others... I haven't cured her yet and I see no malice towards her so far from the others.

Kage

I have a hard time making sense from that. Finding her place? yet there is no malice in the first place? Again, I say: What could possibly gained from it other then simply wanting to cure her for the sake of seeing it done? She will still talk as if she is a Vampire, and her being cured obviously has many bugs. It seems more beneficial and less of a hassle to keep her the way she is.

Nick_Tbolt

I have a hard time making sense from that. Finding her place? yet there is no malice in the first place? Again, I say: What could possibly gained from it other then simply wanting to cure her for the sake of seeing it done? She will still talk as if she is a Vampire, and her being cured obviously has many bugs. It seems more beneficial and less of a hassle to keep her the way she is.
Me personally, after i killed her father, and we we outside I started to talk to her, and that was an option. So i chose it and ended up getting her to cure herself, i thought what the hell, might as well, I saw no major advantage to it

Redguard level 81 - Dual Enchanted Dragonbone Axes - Fully Upgraded Werewolf

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts