• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Danihelle Draklyn

Hi all, this is my first time asking for help. I've been looking online for hours with no fix to this glitch. This happened right after I downloaded Community Overlays 2 mod from nexus (I'll include my mod list at the bottom, I use Nexus). I have the latest SKSE, Race Menu, etc. All my player characters (not NPCs) face/war paint is crooked, going off to the right side (characters left) a little instead of being perfectly centered like it was before. I'll try to include screenshots of before and after. I also have another issue with one of the vanilla warpaints being changed somehow, (the black hand that covers the face) was changed into a small hand print on the right cheek.
My Skyrim is LE. I only have about 108 mods. I dont use LOOT, but im in the market for a gaming laptop so everything will be upgraded soon so i'm halting any progress of the low spec desktop I'm on currently.

Included is a before and after screenshot of my high elf necromancer to show the warpaint issue. The dark elf before and after shows the vanilla warpaint being changed. I noticed these changes after I installed the mods Community Overlays 2 and HORNY (horns mod).
The screenshot mod list is the mods I installed with Community Overlay 2 and after.
Screenshots Mod List 1-5 is my mod list from the order I downloaded them.

Attachments

• TESV 2020-03-26 19-43-29-11.png
    TESV 2020-03-26 19-43-29-11.png
    752 KB · Views: 0
  • TESV 2020-05-21 21-32-31-17.png
    TESV 2020-05-21 21-32-31-17.png
    734.2 KB · Views: 1
  • TESV 2020-04-21 20-44-55-24.png
    TESV 2020-04-21 20-44-55-24.png
    652.4 KB · Views: 0
  • TESV 2020-05-22 16-19-47-07.png
    TESV 2020-05-22 16-19-47-07.png
    779.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mods installed after Community Overlays 2.jpg
    mods installed after Community Overlays 2.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 1
  • mod list 1.jpg
    mod list 1.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 1
  • mod list 2.jpg
    mod list 2.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 0
  • mod list 3.jpg
    mod list 3.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 0
  • mod list 4.jpg
    mod list 4.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mod list 5.jpg
    mod list 5.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 0

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
While I'm no expert, best guess would be a mod conflict. LOOT can definitely help you with that. Maybe try uninstalling any cosmetic mods you've installed after the overlay? Trial and error is what I mean, not just bulk uninstalling everything. Hope this helps.

Danihelle Draklyn

While I'm no expert, best guess would be a mod conflict. LOOT can definitely help you with that. Maybe try uninstalling any cosmetic mods you've installed after the overlay? Trial and error is what I mean, not just bulk uninstalling everything. Hope this helps.
Maybe I should just try LOOT because I planned on getting it anyway when I get a new gaming laptop in a few months. Yea I figured it had to be a cosmetic mod conflict.
I just dont have any experience with LOOT and I use Nexus Mod Manager (prefer it). I'll give it a shot thanks!

Danihelle Draklyn

UPDATE: I figured out which mod!! This fixed both issues. It was Cat Race mod from Lovers Lab (just a normal mod that adds 5 cat races similar to khajiit). So should I just keep this mod deactivated until I'm playing as my Cheetah character? And why would a separate Beast Race mod conflict with non beast race warpaints?

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
Yeah, that's what I would do. That way nothing conflicts with it, and if you're only using that specific mod for one character, there's no reason to have it enabled. Just make sure to have back up saves, so nothing get's corrupted in your other games from enabling/disabling mods mid playthrough. Again- not an expert, just going by experience.

Danihelle Draklyn

Yeah, that's what I would do. That way nothing conflicts with it, and if you're only using that specific mod for one character, there's no reason to have it enabled. Just make sure to have back up saves, so nothing get's corrupted in your other games from enabling/disabling mods mid playthrough. Again- not an expert, just going by experience.
mmk thanks! Yea luckily I only have the one character and not many lol I always back up saves manually every so often and will be doing very soon as I'm getting a new laptop soon. I usually quit the game entirely when activating and deactivating mods. Thank! I've been gaming Skyrim with mods for years, I just dont run into many issues I can't fix on my own

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts