Couch Co-op For Skyrim? There's a Mod in the Works

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Exploring Skyrim can be a beautiful, but lonely experience. Sure you've got followers and pets, but they're more like pack mules and shields than other people.

Some people feel that the loneliness adds to the beauty.

But if you don't, there's a mod that will allow you to let a friend tag along.

Couch Co-Op Companion is in alpha and nowhere near finished. It allows your friend to essentially plug in a controller and start controlling a companion on the same screen. And yeah, you can keep your AI companion if you need Lydia to carry stuff and complain.

The modder Nenilai Xilodel explains the mod as sort of a "Sonic and Tails" mode for Skyrim, which should give oldschool gamers a good idea that the second player, as Tails, isn't going to have the same control or experience as the first player's Sonic. Indeed the second player's controls are simplified.

If this sounds far-fetched so far, you're not alone. But Nenilai sees your skepticism and raises you self confidence and optimism.

"I don't like to hear the concept 'Can't Be Done', even if you have to turn left 3 times to turn right it can be done >_<, so when I saw a forum post over a year ago stating 2 player couch coop couldn't be done in Skyrim, even without ever using the creation kit, and having no clue what Papyrus was, I decided I was going to do it," Nenilai says in the mod description.

Well, let's hope he actually does it. More co-op options are always a good thing.

Mod page here.
View the Post on the Blog

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Eh well I think it can be done... I mean afterall they've made (or is still WIP? Cancelled? on pause?... not sure) Skyrim Online and I've seen videos of it working so far (albeit with bugs). But it still works lol. So if they can get that far, then I'm sure these guys can do it too

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Eh well I think it can be done... I mean afterall they've made (or is still WIP? Cancelled? on pause?... not sure) Skyrim Online and I've seen videos of it working so far (albeit with bugs). But it still works lol. So if they can get that far, then I'm sure these guys can do it too
This Skyrim Co-op i believe is a diffrent mod then skyrim online

AS88

Staff member
On the topic of cross-save integration -

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
This Skyrim Co-op i believe is a diffrent mod then skyrim online

lol yeah I know it's a different mod. That's what I'm saying. If people can make a Skyrim Online... then I'm sure these people can make a in-and-out Co-Op mod :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts