• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
This is the OOC thread, post character cards, OOC comments and questions here.

Recruiting is [Closed]

Deep within the seedy underbelly of Riften, tucked within the shadows and darkness of the Ratway, is a whole world filled with crime, pain and greed. The city has built itself a reputation for being a cesspool of corruption, by night, murders, rapes, thefts and other crimes bleed the city dry. But for some, crime is the only life they've ever known, with no future, no goals, no dreams, some resort to killing and stealing for a living. Labeled as murderers, thieves, deviants, hoodlums, these people are the real face of Riften. The ugly, unpolished truth.

City of Shadows is a RP that is centered around the criminal underworld of Riften, in this RP we'll be assuming the roles of unfortunate souls caught in the game of crime and death. This RP will be very mature, with lots of adult themes. For this RP we will assume Riften is much larger than it's depicted in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. You can be whomever you'd like in this RP, but note that it'll probably be more fun for you if you assume the role of a weaker character, from a poor background. Just to make things flow easier. One of the main implements in the story I'm introducing is the Riften Fight Club, a secret gathering in the Ratway where competitors fight, bare knuckled, for money. Finally, the RP will act as if the events at Helgen haven't occured yet.

Rules: Just keep it simple, no godding, no arguing, be nice.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Name: Caleb Christophe
Race: Imperial

Class: Unarmed fighter/thief
Appearance: Young, and very scrappy. Caleb has darker, suntanned skin, and has short, cropped hair. He has very soft hazel eyes to complement his youthful appearance. His build is slender, and he's fairly skinny, but despite his appearance Caleb is somewhat muscular. Normally, he wears cheap clothes and boots, not having the money to

Personality:
Caleb keeps mostly to himself, and is somewhat soft spoken, actually somewhat awkward when dealing with certain social situations. His poor background from a dysfunctional family has marred the boy in someways, he has difficulty feeling empathy or sympathy for people. He's resorted to crime to keep food on his table, putting his skills as a fighter to good use in the Riften Fight Club. He's very tolerant to pain, both physical and psychological. His time as a bottom feeding criminal has made him very opportunistic, he's not afraid to swipe your coin purse if you wrong him.

Story: Born in the slums of Riften to an abusive, alcoholic father and a mother shriveling away from her skooma addiction, Caleb has been fighting all his life. The other children in the neighborhood often bullied him, physically assaulting him and stealing from him. His father was very neglectful, often beating the child when he'd come home from a night of drinking. His mother was too out of it to even care for the boy. Caleb was a very angry boy, he hated everything and everybody. His mother finally died one day, and all Caleb's father had to say was "Good riddance." One day, not long after his mother's death, a bully approached Caleb as he sat outside his home. Caleb struck him in the face as hard as he could, the bully began crying and told his father. When Caleb's father found out, he disciplined the boy the only way he knew how. But this time, Caleb fought back, pushing his father. He stumbled back, before falling down the stairs and breaking his neck.

The death was considered an accident, and Caleb was sent to Honorhall orphanage. Here he grew up, under just as harsh conditions. When he turned 16, he was set free and Caleb was dumped on the streets. He got a job as a waiter in Riften's local inn, The Bee and Barb. Although he was making a menial living, it was his only option. He got a dingy home outside the slums where he was born, but he wanted more in life, he heard rumors of a fight club within the sewers of the Ratway, and decided that's where he'd make a name for himself.

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
Garashbur might actually fit into this one pretty easily. Didn't have to think long to come up with a decent backstory for this RP
Name: Garashbur
Race: Frost Troll
Equipment: Standard Dawn-Guard troll armor
Appearance: White fur with a few grey streaks draining down his abdomen.
Bio: After Garashbur was banished from the Dawn-Guard sanctuary, he stumbled to the closest town he could find, Riften. At first, he tried playing it cool and entering as a normal human would. The guards figured the troll was hostile, and charged at him. After learning from his first mistake, Garashbur climbed a broken down wall, near the back of the large town. Once he was in, he tried to find his way to the Bee and Barb. Just as before, the guards chased him out of the city. People shouted things at him like "monster" or "beast" but Garashbur kept on walking, he had heard enough of the mocking and shouting to get used to it. Garashbur tried once more, but this time, he went through the sewers. Before he could reach the surface, he heard cheering coming from the inner chambers of the sewer. Garashbur went to check it out. He opened the door and found a large fight club. He thought the fights were serious, and was worried someone would get hurt. He barged into the ring, and pushed the two fighters away from each other. There was much booing and laughing. The people that always took care of things when it became out of hand, were called the slacks. They went into the ring, and dragged Garashbur to a cage. They had locked him in with chains. Garashbur was scared for his life. Some contemplated killing him, but they found a use for the large troll. They would sell him. After haggling Garashbur off to the local drug-lord, R'jage, Garashbur was used mostly as extra muscle. Whenever a deal went bad, they would let Garashbur out, and unleash his fury. Garashbur knows everyone in the skooma lab by name, and knows everything that goes on in the ratways, by listening to the rumors and stories, told by the workers. Garashbur wants to be free, and bring justice to those who take pleasure in performing evil deeds. He intends on saving many lives, but ending others.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Sounds cool, I like the idea of bringing in a trained troll. Maybe we could try and get in a subplot where somebody is trying to sell you to a collector of sorts?

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
I was thinking you and I could meet up, share stories. It would be interesting to see two individuals with completely different mindsets, share their thoughts on the things that are happening under Riften. Once there are more people, it will branch out into a more elaborate story, and there might even be two groups. :D

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Google, don't be so critical of yourself. Your latest post in ROF was really good!

And Garashbur, maybe you should try out some new character. It's just a thought.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

Google

I just added more info to Shadow-Tail, and I also gave him a new look. I had to change a LOT about the character to make him fit, but I like the changes I made.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
All I'm saying is that you don't have to stick with one character, experiment man, I think you should just try something new is all.

And Google, I'm liking the new Shadow-Tail!

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
And part of the reason is because I really had this idea for what the Fight Club was, I mean, I don't understand why'd they need to chain a troll to the door. It just kind of throws a wrench in the gears.

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
And part of the reason is because I really had this idea for what the Fight Club was, I mean, I don't understand why'd they need to chain a troll to the door. It just kind of throws a wrench in the gears.
I'm just saying that an armored troll would prove to be a good bouncer. ;) I have another account where I have multiple characters. I think it would be a good idea to have a troll, because of the brute strength. It will make many situations easier, and the RP would move alot smoother.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Well, it just wouldn't be very conspicuous having a troll running around. ;)

Basically I wanted the Fight Club to consist of everyday people, the man next door or the girl that runs a small fruitstand. But them imprisoning a troll kind of turns them into jerks.

AtomicDonut

I have a character that would be perfect for this :D I haven't used him yet, so this will be a good experience.

Name: Zas
Race: Khajiit
Class: Thief
Skills: Sharp-Tongued, Light Fingers, Swift, Lock-Buster, Quick with a dagger.
Weapons: Mainly his claws, but he has an Ebony Dagger hidden in his belt.
Apparel: Ragged Trousers, Black Bandanna, Ragged Shoes
Looks: Black fur with extra whiskers coming off his cheekbones (I really wish I had PC Skyrim so I could post a picture, but I am one of those damn console users :p)
Personality: Zas is new to thieving and just found his talent for it, so he is nervous on his jobs. When approached by guards, he does have a sharp tongue, though, and can usually come out clean.
Fighting Style: Zas prefers to avoid combat, but when he is toe-to-toe with an enemy he will usually have his claws at the ready. If the gold is good, Zas will be whatever the job needs; a saboteur, an assassin, or even a bodyguard.
Background: Zas was apart of a trading caravan in Cyrodiil, along with his brothers, parents, and some guards. When they neared the border of Skyrim, a group of bandits slaughtered his family and siblings. They ransacked the caravan, and Zas took his fathers dagger and hid it in his belt. The bandits captured him and took him to their base in Skyrim, where Zas killed his trapper and the bandit leader. He sprinted off into the night, longing to be back with his family. It is here that he discovers his talent of thieving.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts