• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Arngeir shouted, speaking in explanation. Faervel saw a green glow surround her body, but remained calm, unlike some who'd been shrouded in red. Apparently, this aura meant that Faervel was worthy, and was now a Daughter. She focused on Arngeir, who told those with green, yellow and blue auras to follow him up to the top of the world. Stepping after Arngeir, she noticed that Brynn had also been accepted. She nodded in her direction, and Brynn smiled slightly.

Speeding up a little, Faervel caught up with Arngeir.
    "That was a Thu'um. You're trained in their arts?" She paused, gazing at him strangely. "It's an impressive talent, I'll give you that. Though I can't say I've ever been particularly jealous of it. Seems unnatural to me."

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Hlif’Ulfr looked contemptuously at the colour around him. It teetered on the edge, As if it was mocking him. It did quite seem like it was. The glowing green cloud verged on yellow as if smugly reminding him of his shortcomings. You’re not nearly motivated enough, it whispered, why are you here anyways? You help? Ha, you who breaks everything you touch? It was endlessly aggravating.

He turned lightly to cast his eye throughout the crowd. From red to blue, to yellow and green the colours all appeared. he had almost concluded his search and begun to take his first steps when he saw her. In her quiet wonderment she knocked the breath from his lungs. He had expected, he had counted on never seeing her again. The graceful creature that hid amongst the crowd like a spring fawn in the shadow and light of a forest floor reminded him how to feel fear, something he had long ago replaced with anger. Something he no longer felt for himself, something that had been pushed or stolen from his life in the same way that had anyone he cared about.

Throughout his moment of pure terror and debilitating delight she had not noticed him, and for that he was glad. Though as everything came back into focus and the sound of the surrounding crowd once again filled his ears he scowled knowing that this could not last for long. He had played this scenario through his head many times at best she would turn form him in scorn, unfortunately this was also his worst case scenario. Rubbing his sunbaked jawline in contemplation he placed his hand behind his neck. His eyes now set to the man that had beckoned them to rise to the occasion and follow.

He was being irrational. He shook his head angrily, directing his frustration at his lapse in composure. He had made his decision firmly some three to two years past, but was that long enough for the wound to heal? He cast his thoughts aside, focusing on threading his way through the heard. Heavy steps and grunted apologies quickly ensued.

Inserting himself into the newly formed band he glanced around not judging but analyzing. He would have to get to know these people if they were to be his comrades. it seemed as though a larger group had come up together, and had already become acquainted. He left at odds but he would try. He must, especially now that he had found his muse.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The words seemed to flow through her. The power they held made her skin tingle and her heart sing, she had always placed a high value on the ability of the right words at the right time but the shout added another dimension to the idea of a silver tongue. Yet this was not the end of the words magic. Slowly out of some rip in the fiber of her world began to seep a green mist, a fog that was not only beautiful but captivating and held her in a trance like sense. There is no end to the beauty that hides within our world.

She wished to reach up and take the colourful cloud into her palm but she did not. Even as her eyes glittered with true appreciation for the aura she kept some wit about her and understood the importance of a first impression. She could only relish in her worth, now floating in green around her. Although the greatest pleasure was the ability to help those that could not help themselves it was gratifying to be accepted.

Shaking herself from the world of her own design, the sanctuary within her mind, she felt a familiar pair of eyes had been on her. Looking forward she saw her newly discovered mer companion gazing her in direction. With a warm smile she acknowledge her and began stepping towards her, quickly making her way to the bosmer’s side. Catching Faervel words as she arrived Brynn could not help herself from weighing in.

“I would have to disagree. I have always seen language as a beautiful thing, a spoken art, and words have always held power. They are often misused and wasted but each one has power, be it to change the way we are seen in others eyes or to bring a nation to rise. I feel it is fitting that this manifests itself in a way that everyone may recognizethe true force behind them.” Smiling coyly she added "It is very much a skill I envy."

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    As all of them gathered, a net of green colors surrounded him, much to his indifference. He's seen these shows of power and magic before, so he wasn't taken aback.

"Those who now only see green in front of their eyes, know that you are capable, and that your soul is strong. You are accepted to join the Sons of Sword. Those who are now rooted by Akatosh's yellow light, know that you are capable of joining the sons, and you can do much good to Nirn by doing so. But ask yourselves, do you wish to join the sons in order to save Tamriel, or to save yourselves? Those with the blue aura, that Kynereth smiles upon - your intentions are true and your ambition is greater than you might think. But you might need more then ambition, if you are to defeat the dragons. You can join the Sons of Sword, but only if you wish to learn how to wield that sword!"

"Oh how we're blessed to serve under you, all powerful mountain hermits!" He said under his breath, only having Indari and whoever else hear him. Want people to fight? Tell them their homes are in danger, their lives, and their way of life. Save the religious rhetoric and speak in truths. "I fight not for the gods above, but to protect my way of life and the way of everybody else's. Let's get this underway, yeah?"

He wasn't one to trudge through pretentious speeches promising the favor of some god in the heavens above. There were a few things for sure; Steel, arrows, blood, magic, fear, and courage. Dragons this point might be real, but he didn't know for sure.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Indari smiled behind a hand at Mance calling the all-revered Greybeards "mountain hermits". She almost burst out loud but managed to muffle her laughter in time, then cleared her throat to appear she was just coughing. The unlucky ones that had glowed red had all but gone back inside the temple now and the rest of the group was gathering around the Greybeard waiting for orders on what to do next. Indari heard they were going up to the top of the world and was excited and impatient to get underway. The Greybeard was in conversation with the Dark-blonde Bosmer woman.

Indari looked over to Mance, who had glowed green during their "initiation". She could not deny she was a little jealous but still, happy for her new friend.

"Green huh?" she said to him tugging on his sleeve playfully "Seems I am lacking in the skill department. How are you with a sword? Might be that I could use some training."

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    As Arngeir led the group climb the mountain, he couldn't help but notice how people interacted with each other, most of them talking about their auras. But some voices reached his ears. A young bosmer lady, approached Arngeir and begun to speak: "That was a Thu'um. You're trained in their arts?" She paused, gazing at him strangely. "It's an impressive talent, I'll give you that. Though I can't say I've ever been particularly jealous of it. Seems unnatural to me."

Before he could explain his powers, another woman, a nord, this time, stepped in and openly showed her opinion. “I would have to disagree. I have always seen language as a beautiful thing, a spoken art, and words have always held power. They are often misused and wasted but each one has power, be it to change the way we are seen in others eyes or to bring a nation to rise. I feel it is fitting that this manifests itself in a way that everyone may recognizethe true force behind them.” Smiling coyly she added "It is very much a skill I envy."

Arngeir smiled, his expression hid by his cloak. "The voice is natural to all of us, despite other beliefs. Kynereth bestowed all of us with it from birth, regardless of our race or our condition. Should you follow the way of the voice, you will be able to use the Thu'um as you see fit. Many of you might ask yourselves why are we going up the mountain, it is to see Paarthurnax, the leader of the graybeards. He will make sure you are ready to fight the dragons, and he will act as the leader of The Sons of Sword. Even if I despise his motives, and I do not understand his sudden change of heart, Paarthurnax is strong, and not to be trifled with. I ask that you treat him properly when we reach the top."

After he spoke, he made a brief pause, then responded to the nord that spoke to him earlier. "Do me a favor and warn me before you do something like that again thanks."
    Arngeir frowned, and came close to him, then started speaking relatively quiet, so only he, and some people close would hear.
    "I don't do favors, and I am unlikely to warn you before I do anything." he raised his tone a little "Do you think the dragons will warn you before they release their fiery Thu'um and burn you alive? I doubt it." he got away from the man, then spoke loud enough for the entire group to hear "If you are afraid of shouts, and you aren't willing to embrace the voice, then perhaps you should turn back the way you came."

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    Andrew listened to Arngeir, and after he was done looked back into the crowd. "Even some people in green left!" Andrew shouted then put his head down and blushed, he had a habit of yelling when not needed. He looked to the side of the mountain, "That would be a deadly fall" he said, almost laughing, He was trying to calm himself with different things, but it wasn't working. The anticipation had got to him and he was getting gittery. But he couldn't get excited now, because if he had to fight, it would be a mess.

Soon after a little more people left. "At this rate, i may be able to get in after all" he whispered and smiled to himself. if he could get into this group, the dragons would have another thing coming. But he had to egt in first, which was the hard part. He put his hand on the hilt of his sword, then took a few deep breaths. 'My mind is wandering, i need to calm down' He thought to himself. He had calmed and was ready to take on whatever task was ahead of them.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    "Green huh?" He felt a tug on his sleeve, then Indari attached to the slender arm "Seems I am lacking in the skill department. How are you with a sword? Might be that I could use some training."
    "I think I do alright! It would be my pleasure to train you! I will warn you, I have a different way to fight, my girl. When we have free time, I will show you," He said with a smile and a courteous bow. Taking note of her still blue aura, he thought to make it seem not so bad. "Even I might not have an overwhelming sense of ambition. I'm a sell-sword, no?" He playfully rubbed her arm and continued to listen to the mountain hermits.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    The trip was silent since Arngeir last spoke, only whispers could be heard amongst the group. They were getting close to the peak, and Arngeir felt oddly disturbed by what he said himself. He had a habit of forcing his beliefs onto other people. He turned around, and raised his hands up, signaling the group to stop. The peak was just some more steps away, a strong gust of wind reached the soon-to-become sons of sword, forcing Arngeir's hood off. The thick, furry beard juggled itself in the direction of the wind, following the flow like a sheep follows it's shepherd. His old eyes sat pinned on the image Arngeir wanted to see, but not the actual image that was in front of him. He turned his head to the ground, witnessing his footsteps - a temporary mark on the world that he left without an intention. Tilting his head up, he saw a group of people that were about to leave a permanent mark on the world. They could do more than he could, more than many humans were able to. For the shout revealed that those are strong men, otherwise they wouldn't have been picked. Yet Arngeir still had a poor taste inside his mouth. To him, those men were disgusting, shared no purpose, and denied watching the inevitable happen.

It wasn't his choice, however. Whether or not he wanted The Sons to finally happen didn't matter, for there were greater forces in this world, forces that were meant to be feared, forces that were meant to be recognized, and forces that deserved, demanded worship. Looking at the sons, he saw none of those forces, and he wanted to believe that they would suffer the same fate as the Dragonborn. But that wasn't about to be, and deep, deep in his heart he knew, that those men and women were about to bring change to the world. He breathed in, unraveling himself in the knowledge that was bestowed upon him since he was a mere child by his master. "Lok su, Thu'um sil"

His sad expression, and frowned eyes soon turned into a smile as he had begun to speak
    "You have to forgive me for what I said earlier, this old man likes to rant. Without a doubt, you are worthy, and you should be proud of yourselves for coming this far. But without Paarthurnax, the sons are worthless - for he is my master, and soon he will be your master as well. He is the only one left capable of defeating Alduin. I shall return to the monastery, but you will move forward, and talk to Paarthurnax yourselves." as he started to walk beside the sons, his voice could be heard one more.

"Before I go..." he stopped, grabbing everyone's attention. "Know that Paarthurnax isn't a human, or an elf, or any of the mundane races on Nirn. His appearance might surprise you, to say the least, but keep your thoughts to yourself and treat him for what he does, not for what he is."

And with that said, Arngeir left the group and climbed down the mountain, a tear dropping from his eye. As he walked, his words stood with him, he muttered silently but loud enough for people nearby to hear. "Sky above, Voice within". The group walked up as they were instructed, reaching the peak, and witnessing The Old One - Paarthurnax

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One - Downfall

The incredible sight that was Paarthurnax was revealed to the Sons. A mighty, old dragon - his tail long and flexible, his back covered with tall spikes, filled with the blood of his of another dragon, his scales old and storied, for they've been through many battles and a lot of struggle. His eyes piercing through the souls of whoever looked at them, slowly analyzing what everyone and everything was like. Paarthurnax raises up his wings, letting free a blast of wind, that made the snow nearby burst away, he launches himself in the air and lands closer to the Sons than he was before. His fall was majestic and flawless, slow enough not to startle the ones he will soon have to lead. His long nose was meters away from the group, inhaling enough air for five people. "Drem Yo Lok, greetings Sons of Sword. I am the Wuth Dov, Paarthurnax!"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    The Old Greybeard had led them up the mountain, but had just told them he would not be continuing the journey with the group. They stood there listening to him and as he walked off he turned to them again.

"Before I go...Know that Paarthurnax isn't a human, or an elf, or any of the mundane races on Nirn. His appearance might surprise you, to say the least, but keep your thoughts to yourself and treat him for what he does, not for what he is." Indari frowned, thinking the Greybeard to be a little over dramatic. What could Paarthrunax possibly be that he has to warn us? Indari's heart thumped in her chest as the group advanced up the hill. It was blowing a gale up the top of the world and the crystallized wind was making it hard to see. They crested the rise and Indari could see a word wall over the far side of the peek. She stopped in her tracks. But it was not the word wall that had made her steps falter. For sitting on the wall was a Dragon. And then it spread it's mighty wings and lifted into the air and landed right in front of the group causing a gust of fine snow to wash over them, blowing coats and cloaks back with the force. Everyone reacted differently. Indari's hand flew to her sword and she backed up a step, the dragon-fear turning her stomach over.

"Drem Yo Lok, greetings Sons of Sword. I am the Wuth Dov, Paarthurnax!" Indari stayed her hand, deciding quickly not to unsheathe her sword. Her first reaction was one of burning hatred for the dragon. For what other feeling could she have for something responsible for the ruin of her village and her beloved fathers death? She had made it her life mission to slay the Dragon who destroyed all that she loved. But it wasn't this Dragon. This one was old and grey, his wings in tatters and some of his spikes broken off. The one who had destroyed her village was sleek and red and had two missing toes on it's left foot. But weren't dragons all alike in their lust for death?

This is the leader of the Greybeards? A dragon? Indari shook her head. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. She frowned, loathe to consider a Dragon an ally, but if the Greybeards trusted him, who was she to question their judgement? And what better way to fight Dragons than with one of their own? Indari was torn and she could see others struggling with it. She knew someone had to say something, and despite the fear in her belly still churning, she slowly walked towards the Dragon.

"Greetings...Dragon. I am Indari" If this was to be the way of it, then Indari would accept it.

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    "Before I go...Know that Paarthurnax isn't a human, or an elf, or any of the mundane races on Nirn. His appearance might surprise you, to say the least, but keep your thoughts to yourself and treat him for what he does, not for what he is." Andrew was caught of guard by what he said. "This sounds very suspicious" He said, he moved to the side of the group to get a better view.

Once he made it to the other side he saw a dragon. "Drem Yo Lok, greetings Sons of Sword. I am the Wuth Dov, Paarthurnax!" The dragon said, "This isn't what I thought it would be....Interesting!" He said starring at the dragon in fascination. He always wanted to meet one, but never got the chance. "Im Andrew, please to meet you" He said smiling, with a dragon on there side, this could make the fight a lot easier. But this dragon looked old, with tatterd skin and wings. But none the less a fearsome person. He was excited to work with a dragon, and didn't really think anything bad of it.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "Before I go...Know that Paarthurnax isn't a human, or an elf, or any of the mundane races on Nirn. His appearance might surprise you, to say the least, but keep your thoughts to yourself and treat him for what he does, not for what he is." The Greybeard spoke carefully, seeming to have carefully chosen his words.

What could he be?... and why did he feel it necessary to warn us? Mikom kept his eyes on the Greybeard as he turned and headed down the trail without another word. The rest of the group had continued onward while he just stood there and watched. Not once did the mysterious Greybeard turn back. Mikom sighed before continuing up the trail with the rest of the group.

The wind grew stronger as they reached the final turn on the mountain top. Whatever waited for them at the top only footsteps ahead. Finally they crested the top of the hill revealing an enormous beast sat atop a large cracked wall. Mikom quickly reached for his newly attained dagger but before he could unsheathe it, the dragon spoke.

"Drem Yo Lok, greetings Sons of Sword. I am the Wuth Dov, Paarthurnax!" His deep voice rumbled through the air, sending a chill down Mikom's spine. His face froze in awe and slight terror as the dragon opened its arms and flew down the ground. The dragon bowed its head slightly as if to show the group respect. I didn't know what to expect... but I never expected this...

Mikom looked around at his companions. Mixed emotions shone throughout the group. Some showed confusion, others awe, and a few utter terror. Near the back of the group he noticed a young imperial cowering, his hands shielding his eyes. Quickly, he stepped to the side to block the dragon's view of the man.

"Greetings...Dragon. I am Indari" One woman stepped forward slightly as she spoke. To her right was the young Nord he spoke to earlier. "This isn't what I thought it would be....Interesting! Im Andrew, please to meet you"

A moment of silence lingered in there, the dragon assumedly waiting for any other introductions. Mikom stood awkwardly, unsure of whether or not he should let another introduce him or herself. After taking a deep breath to shake off and slighting trembling that may or may not have been present, he stepped forward and went down on one knee, bowing to the dragon. "You can call me Mikom Light-foot, or just Mikom. Doesn't matter." He looked up into the dragon's eyes and gave him a confident smile.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts