PC Companions glitch please help!!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

josh123456789

after the quest for the companions where you have to go to dustmans cairn for the initiation, i get back to the companions HQ and im greeted by the leader, then im taken around the back where they are gathered, the old guy gives a speech and then when he is done, he looks to his left at another guy, and then my game stops working, it doesnt freeze, but nobody says anything and nothing works, i cant leave the mission i have to reload from where i was, how do i fix??

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If Farkas doesn't swear eternal loyalty to you after Kodlak's speech your quest is glitched and you'll have to reload a previous saved game and play through again. This can happen if you don't approach Vilkas right away after arriving in Whiterun through its main gates or don't follow him immediately to the ceremony.

You can try using the comsole command "setstage C01 200" but I don't know if that will work.

Vorak

Would you like fries with that?
The same thing happened to me during the main storyline, so I just waited 24 hours. Turns out it was because someone wasn't there yet. Maybe it'll work for you. :)

Falkhor

Hello there.
So I faced up with this rather popular glitch/bug.
And no find answer here but was redirected via google.
During quest (that leads You to Comapnion's Oath/Circle) after getting out Dustman's Cairn game should give you autosave.
Use it! :) Go on foot or use fast-travel to WhiteRun (Castle or main entrance near beauty blacksmith).
Heads up to Jorrvaskr (main entrance stairs, like normal-boring-every-day routine, no rockjumpingin).
You can do additional qsave far enough from Vilkas (somewhere downstairs, near big tree).
Go on, go up. Be invited by Vilkas, follow him.
AND/IF/OR he stuck somwhere, don't panic.
Try to follow, he will stuck, he will be on the place etc. Doesn't really matter.
Do not approach Aela. Stay away.
Wait additional few hours.
Heads up close to main bulding, use backdoor, enter main hall, take deep breath.
Use same door to get out.
All characters should be on place - mainly both brothers standing next to each other.
Then approach The Circle Meeting.

In my case - that way works smoothly.
Cheers! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts