• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KattSand

Premium Member
was frea a quest follower or a hired follower when this happened ? if a quest follower , perhaps they aren`t protected by the perk.

I`ve had no fight between thralls and followers since the perk and lots of aoe oportunities for aggro
And here I was thinking that the days of fights between my follower and my pet dremora was over, but no, I just witnessed Marcurio blast my dremora with chain lightning (I HATE that damn spell) and the fight between them was on.

This is the only time I use the fortify restoration loop, that way I can give my follower some fortify health gear, basically making them invincible and some resist magic, fire, frost and shock, resist magic is capped at 85% but it does stack with resist fire, frost and shock so this way I have managed to keep Serana and Marcurio from fighting each other at least, otherwise it's 2 followers+chain lightning=Bad times.

Adam Warlock

so reports on friendly fire damage after Companion`s Insight are mixed it seems.

Possibility of a bug also

Guess we`ll have to wait until the computer version is released to know the true answer

Adam Warlock

And here I was thinking that the days of fights between my follower and my pet dremora was over, but no, I just witnessed Marcurio blast my dremora with chain lightning (I HATE that damn spell) and the fight between them was on.

This is the only time I use the fortify restoration loop, that way I can give my follower some fortify health gear, basically making them invincible and some resist magic, fire, frost and shock, resist magic is capped at 85% but it does stack with resist fire, frost and shock so this way I have managed to keep Serana and Marcurio from fighting each other at least, otherwise it's 2 followers+chain lightning=Bad times.
Is it possible that Chain Lightning is treated differently by Companion`s Insight since that 2nd strike that jumps to a new target isn`t direct damage from the caster ?
Similar to the situation re: traps?

Was Marcurio casting that Chain Lightning on his own or using a staff ?

KattSand

Premium Member
Is it possible that Chain Lightning is treated differently by Companion`s Insight since that 2nd strike that jumps to a new target isn`t direct damage from the caster ?
Similar to the situation re: traps?

Was Marcurio casting that Chain Lightning on his own or using a staff ?
No staff, he was casting it on his own. A little while ago he hit both me and my dremora with a fire spell but I didn't take any damage from that, but the dremora was not happy...It's always the same, Dremora-"I will feast on your heart!" Marcurio-"You can't beat me!" And so on...Maybe it just doesn't effect any conjured follwers, because one thing I have noticed is that Marcurio and the dark broterhood initiate (I've used the multiple follower glitch) have not gotten into any fights, and they used to fight a lot before I got the companion's insight effect.

Like you said, we'll have to wait for the pc version to know for sure. If it is glitched, I hope bethesda patches it because this effect has a lot of potential.

raven63

Were you in combat(red dots music ect) companions insight does not work if your not directly in combat so it allows you to still kill followers and summons for fun

I haven't tried this ability out. Does Unrelenting Force get negated or something during combat if you accidentally hit them? If they take fall damage, it's still your fault, right? And what about Marked for Death, is that safe to use during combat when you have a follower as well? Even without the ability, Cicero (who I gave Miraak's mask, gloves, boots and robes to) negated my shouts aimed near or at him half the time lol. So I'm guessing this ability also bypasses the "hit me 3 times threshold" as well? I might want to try this out later.

Adam Warlock

Must report that AoE attacks from followers can indeed aggravate one of your Dead Thralls even if the Dragonborn receives no damage whatever.

3 different fights I had to stop when Talvas Fathryon hit my Master Vampire with Fireballs(twice) and Ice Storm(once) so some degree of damage is occuring in these circumstances

still a great power to have and i`m sticking with it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts