• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Love this special power that negates the damage a follower might otherwise get from you while in combat .

Now I could care less if my minion wants to take the point and runs in front of me.
I can blast , swing , and shout all i want and not harm them

CaptMorgan72

Really? This is a dragon shout right? Friendly fire almost killed Lydia many times, which is why I just travel with my wife Mjoll now. Now Lydia can travel with me again.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Agreed. Companions have a tendency to move right in front of you as you wind up for a power attack.

Adam Warlock

Really? This is a dragon shout right? Friendly fire almost killed Lydia many times, which is why I just travel with my wife Mjoll now. Now Lydia can travel with me again.
No , it`s a constant power like Paarthurnax`s Word Meditations , and you have 2 lesser(imho) options if you don`t like Companion`s Insight.

To me it was a no-brainer
Dual-cast Fireballs , Chain Lightning , Fire Storm , and Storm Call shout all now moved to the top of my attack list.

Adam Warlock

Oh that's even better, fantastic.
yeah , you can say that until you see the boss you have to fight to get it.

Took me a total of 7 conjured Dremora Lords and idk how many crossbow bolts while I ran around and hid like a frightened schoolgirl.

Pharaun159

thing to note. You can still hurt your companion outside of combat.

Adam Warlock

Spoilers

Adam, are you talking about the Lurker, or Zahkriisos?
I was well protected against Shock magic(u need that fighting Nightlords/masters) and have seen enough Dragon Priests to not be frightened by Zahkriisos.
love his mask tho and I wear it for the Shock dmg increase if I`m not wearing Hevnoraak :)

It was a Lurker Vindicator !!!

Adam Warlock

thing to note. You can still hurt your companion outside of combat.
lol. you only hurt the ones you love.

I guess that`s so the more bloodthirsty Dovakins can "retire" their followers if they wish it.

I don`t think I have a follower that could be accidently one-shotted from full health .
well , maybe Sven or Roggi but I don`t use them anymore

Adam Warlock

Please help me confirm something.

In between screen freeze-ups this morning , I noticed that during combat I took no damage/effect from standing in the area of attacks by my Dead Thralls(Fireball/Ice Storm)

Can someone else report if this special power may also work in reverse ?

raven63

Yep it damage to you and follower to follower and also follower to othe friendly(bystanders and such)

Adam Warlock

If you cause a rock fall , your follower still takes damage from the rocks.
Acting as if I`d attacked her , Jenassa left my service just before we were to face a Dragon Priest because of this.

Didn`t matter in the end since I had Dead Thralls Sulla Trebatius and a Master Vampire(I call him Mutt b/c he`s always muttering) to provide cover for my crossbow shots.

raven63

That sucks because my followers have a nack for getting killed by traps i set off it annoying. I think this also transfers to werewolf/vl forms it nice especially for that drain ball that followers love to run into

Pharaun159

Please help me confirm something.

In between screen freeze-ups this morning , I noticed that during combat I took no damage/effect from standing in the area of attacks by my Dead Thralls(Fireball/Ice Storm)

Can someone else report if this special power may also work in reverse ?
Not sure this works perfectly though. I found that while my thralls wouldn't fight during combat, they tended to settle the issue after. Also I had serana with me when i did the miraak temple quest. Seranna kept throwing chain lightning out. Frea got pissed at her and attacked. while the attacks would not connect and serana ignored them, eventually serana turned hostile to me and i had to reload the quest. and yes i had the companion perk.

Adam Warlock

Not sure this works perfectly though. I found that while my thralls wouldn't fight during combat, they tended to settle the issue after. Also I had serana with me when i did the miraak temple quest. Seranna kept throwing chain lightning out. Frea got pissed at her and attacked. while the attacks would not connect and serana ignored them, eventually serana turned hostile to me and i had to reload the quest. and yes i had the companion perk.
was frea a quest follower or a hired follower when this happened ? if a quest follower , perhaps they aren`t protected by the perk.

I`ve had no fight between thralls and followers since the perk and lots of aoe oportunities for aggro

Pharaun159

Dawnseeker

And here's another question: does CI effect spider minions as well? Hope it does, was planning on making an Arachnomancer.

raven63

CI only works on npcs that are directly connected to you followers pets summons spiders. If you didnt directly interact with them to follow you are take up a spot in your follower

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts